Become a Patron!

TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust bad batch?

TyTokes

Member For 4 Years
I just received this order and was exited to try it as everyone seems to like it. I shook it up a bit and smelled it, and it was awful. It smells like a box of old coconuts in a damp car trunk. Maybe the insole of a shoe? Either way i'm almost positive this isn't right. Does your TFA CGC smell funny?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I do get a tinge of a coconut taste from it, not everyone seems to notice. To me, it smells sweet, then the scent of acetyl pyrazine. If you haven't smelled that, it smells like Fritos, LOL. Mix up a sample or dip a toothpick in the flavoring and taste it.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine smells okay, it smells a lot better when mixed.

TyTokes

Member For 4 Years
Yeah this stuff smells even worse when mixed, no sweetness at all. Definetly no acetyl pyrazine. I suppose I'll have to try again. Hope for the best

TyTokes

Member For 4 Years
I do get a tinge of a coconut taste from it, not everyone seems to notice. To me, it smells sweet, then the scent of acetyl pyrazine. If you haven't smelled that, it smells like Fritos, LOL. Mix up a sample or dip a toothpick in the flavoring and taste it.
It tastes really sour, and kinda like honey bunches of oats.. Like honey bunches of oats in sour milk.. I'm so very disappointed, I really need this for new mixes.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Unless you're SUPER sensitive to acetyl pyrazine, I suppose you could've gotten a bad bottle. Contact the vendor?

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Unless you're SUPER sensitive to acetyl pyrazine,

^^ What Huck said.

I'm leaning towards you being super sensitive to it personally ... where did you buy it? Do you have any FA Cookie? It has some AP in it so you could try smelling it to see if you get a similar reaction.

TyTokes

Member For 4 Years
^^ What Huck said.

I'm leaning towards you being super sensitive to it personally ... where did you buy it? Do you have any FA Cookie? It has some AP in it so you could try smelling it to see if you get a similar reaction.
I have FA Cookie, also have a bottle of AP. Both smell awesome and i use them alot. But this CGC smells really bad.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use lots of Cookie, lots of Cheesecake Graham Crust, a bit of AP - sounds like you got a bunk batch of CGC...

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think they can remedy the poop juice fiasco or am I shit outta luck?
Couldn't hurt to try - I've never received bad flavor, but I've received wrong sizes and leaky bottles and the vendors I work with have always gone above and beyond in fixing those problems...

TyTokes

Member For 4 Years
Many vendors will work with you, at least in my own experiences. Where'd you get it?
From Bull City Vapor. Awesome guys, I don't blame them for sending me a spoiled batch, shit happens. But I would like a bottle of it that's vapeable. I sent them off an E-mail, Cross your fingers for me!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
From Bull City Vapor. Awesome guys, I don't blame them for sending me a spoiled batch, shit happens. But I would like a bottle of it that's vapeable. I sent them off an E-mail, Cross your fingers for me!
Oh yeah, he'll fix ya up. No worries. Top notch vendor.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm certain they will replace it without question but given how quickly BCV cycles through product, it doesn't seem likely that it's a bad ( old ) batch.

I could be wrong of course but that's why I was wondering where you purchased it. :)

TyTokes

Member For 4 Years
I'm certain they will replace it without question but given how quickly BCV cycles through product, it doesn't seem likely that it's a bad ( old ) batch.

I could be wrong of course but that's why I was wondering where you purchased it. :)
Yeah i'm not sure whether its old or just a fluke. But from descriptions and just general knowledge I can tell something isn't right lol

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have only tossed two down the drain and that was FA mango and Fa cheesecake. Not sure about Tfa cheesecake but usually when I get one that I don't like it spoils it for me wanting another brand. Good luck.

TyTokes

Member For 4 Years
I have only tossed two down the drain and that was FA mango and Fa cheesecake. Not sure about Tfa cheesecake but usually when I get one that I don't like it spoils it for me wanting another brand. Good luck.
Funny you would say that, I just recently disposed of some FA Mango haha

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Must of been bad enough for them to discontinue because if you look it up it shows they had it

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Must of been bad enough for them to discontinue because if you look it up it shows they had it

Do you have a link because I've never seen it and I did, in fact, search for FlavorArt Cheesecake.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you have a link because I've never seen it and I did, in fact, search for FlavorArt Cheesecake.
Lol go to ecig express and type in search cheesecake it will show the old Fa. cheesecake listing. It could of been Fw I usually go by who has the most stars and people I don't know because I tossed it. I think I ordered it like 4 years ago.

Last edited:

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, might have been FW, I've heard ( but not tried ) that their version wasn't all that good.

The reason I was so curious is because I'd love to see a FA Cheesecake. I've often wondered why they didn't have one and if they had any plans to release one in the near future.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, might have been FW, I've heard ( but not tried ) that their version wasn't all that good.

The reason I was so curious is because I'd love to see a FA Cheesecake. I've often wondered why they didn't have one and if they had any plans to release one in the near future.
It might be because they don't have a good one anywhere. Maybe a hard one to imitate'

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
TFA formunda cheese and feet stinks to high heaven.
GAH it is a gag inducing scent when mixing it. Once mix leave it the hell alone in the dark for at least 4 weeks, or a trunk of a car and pray it does not have a bottle failure.
Try it then and throw it away bottle and all and everything that flavor has touched.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I don't like the smell of TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust right from the bottle, but I love it in recipes.
Even so, I use it pretty lightly. Have you mixed with it at all? You could try a simple vanilla-lime cheesecake or similar before it goes down the sink.

TyTokes

Member For 4 Years
I don't like the smell of TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust right from the bottle, but I love it in recipes.
Even so, I use it pretty lightly. Have you mixed with it at all? You could try a simple vanilla-lime cheesecake or similar before it goes down the sink.
Yeah I've mixed with it a few times with different things, it adds a kind of bad sour taste to everything. I'm picking up another bottle though so I can really use it!

I just received this order and was exited to try it as everyone seems to like it. I shook it up a bit and smelled it, and it was awful. It smells like a box of old coconuts in a damp car trunk. Maybe the insole of a shoe? Either way i'm almost positive this isn't right. Does your TFA CGC smell funny?

I smelled the CGC as u described exactly "insole of a shoe" i was very disappointed cuz i want to try CGC with couple of mixes after i googled and read your post and replays from others here, i went my brother and gave him the bottle to smell it and tell me what he think this is smells like he told me its like a Biscuit . So i think maybe some ppl are sensitive to this components and smell it this way ?! maybe

Last edited:
Unless you're SUPER sensitive to acetyl pyrazine, I suppose you could've gotten a bad bottle. Contact the vendor?

Huckleberried i also smells acetyl pyrazine TFA same the as CGC as TyTokes described it "insole of a shoe" is that means they are both bad batch or i am as u mentioned sensitive to acetyl pyrazine ? is CGC have acetyl pyrazine compounds ?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Huckleberried i also smells acetyl pyrazine TFA same the as CGC as TyTokes described it "insole of a shoe" is that means they are both bad batch or i am as u mentioned sensitive to acetyl pyrazine ? is CGC have acetyl pyrazine compounds ?
CGC does have acetyl pyrazine in it, but even though I can't stand acetyl pyrazine as a flavoring, I do really like CGC a lot. Insole of a shoe isn't what I get from it. I get FRITOS from acetyl pyrazine, smell and taste.

VU Sponsors