Become a Patron!

TFN fate

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Far as I know the recent omnibus spending bill in the US had language in it giving the FDA authority to regulate tobacco free (synthetic) nicotine as a tobacco product. The bill has passed both the House and Senate waiting on a signature from POTUS. Companies will have to resubmit pmta's and have something like 60 days to come into compliance. The laws go into effect 30 days after the bill is signed. So for puffbar and others who were using synthetic tfn as a workaround it looks like that loophole just got closed up.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Far as I know the recent omnibus spending bill in the US had language in it giving the FDA authority to regulate tobacco free (synthetic) nicotine as a tobacco product. The bill has passed both the House and Senate waiting on a signature from POTUS. Companies will have to resubmit pmta's and have something like 60 days to come into compliance. The laws go into effect 30 days after the bill is signed. So for puffbar and others who were using synthetic tfn as a workaround it looks like that loophole just got closed up.

If ever a reason to burn out Puritans & greedy rats, ...

I say that with no malice, or even ill will intended. It is written & said as means of expressing frustration & a sense of defeat. Don't use puffbars, or that ilk of vaping products. Still what effects one aspect of vaping effects all vaping.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It was always only a matter of time. The tobacco & pharma industries are dead set on controlling the US vaping industry and they've got the best politicians money can buy to make that happen for them.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was always only a matter of time. The tobacco & pharma industries are dead set on controlling the US vaping industry and they've got the best politicians money can buy to make that happen for them.
That's what I figured. I can recall people thinking tfn would be a loophole and not feeling so confident. For one it's the US, nothing is allowed that regulation and fees don't get their sticky fingers involved in. For another the government wasn't going to be 'shown up'. And a quick look at history reveals that when certain things were illegal their synthetic counterparts only lasted on store shelves for a matter of months before they too were banned. Have a feeling this was always inevitable.

At least nicotine/tobacco were disregarded from being regulated as a 'drug'. With tfn being fully synthetic and lab made I would see it making a better case for the government to regulate it as a drug, pharmaceutical requirements which are even more stringent than pmta's.

VU Sponsors