Become a Patron!

TFV8 coil issues

hey guys I'm new to the site so I'm hoping to learn and read a lot about what you guys say. So I have a issue with my t8-v8 coil that came with my tfv8. The issue is that the recommended vaping wattage for this .15 ohms is 50-260 watts. Now if I try to vape the coil at 120 watts all I get is burnt coil taste. Yes I let the coil prime for about 15 minutes and I also primed it when it was out of the tank. I'm not sure why I am getting a burnt taste out of the coil head. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I also am using a koopor plus 200w box.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perhaps It was burnt from the first time vaping it and it remains their indefinitely. I start all coils low on watts and work my way up over time so they do not burn and get them fully saturated before even thinking about the recommended wattage.. Just because it is written on them does not mean you can crank them up from the get go.. Most times you cant and have to work your way up. CHEERS!

i made sure not to crank it to the high wattage at first. i vaped it for a few days at around 70-90. then when i tried turning it up, it was really burnt taste. not sure why. i called smok and emailed them to see if there was any other people that had the same issue but of course there is no response from the company so im shit out of luck with that haha

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
i made sure not to crank it to the high wattage at first. i vaped it for a few days at around 70-90. then when i tried turning it up, it was really burnt taste. not sure why. i called smok and emailed them to see if there was any other people that had the same issue but of course there is no response from the company so im shit out of luck with that haha

I don't have the T8, but my friend does. I hit his tank at 160watt and no issue. tasted great. I think you may have a bad coil

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
thats what im thinking but the company is impossible to get in touch with
Yeah i know. Support for devices suck from companies. Not sure where you got the coil from but probably better off chucking it and getting another coil. I mean they are disposable anyway. I have the TFV4, and have used all the coils. even coils form the same pack are inconstant. I've had coils last 3 weeks and others 2 days. If you are ok throwing it out, open the coil first. Just pull out the metal piece below the white rubber on the bottom (it's a pin comes right out) and grab a pair of pliers and pull out the coils and see ig they are gunked/burnt

Yeah i know. Support for devices suck from companies. Not sure where you got the coil from but probably better off chucking it and getting another coil. I mean they are disposable anyway. I have the TFV4, and have used all the coils. even coils form the same pack are inconstant. I've had coils last 3 weeks and others 2 days. If you are ok throwing it out, open the coil first. Just pull out the metal piece below the white rubber on the bottom (it's a pin comes right out) and grab a pair of pliers and pull out the coils and see ig they are gunked/burnt
yea i dont care about getting new ones its just the fact they dont really care lol, im gonna see whats up with the coil

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
yea i dont care about getting new ones its just the fact they dont really care lol, im gonna see whats up with the coil

every manufacturer has terrible support IMO. some B&M stores or websites have good support though.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My experience with coils is one little burn and it is history. With the BVC coils for the Nautilus Mini one short firing on a low tank fries the cotton and even though the coil is fine that taste comes through like crazy. I am talking very small burn marks will do it. I have watched videos on rebuilding those coils but for $3 retail price not worth it to me.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haven't had a problem with burnt coils for the V8, like others said prime the hell out of the coil and start vaping really low, working your way up. Been using the same Oct-8 coil for over two weeks, tastes as good as originally installed.

Kronikloud

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey guys I'm new to the site so I'm hoping to learn and read a lot about what you guys say. So I have a issue with my t8-v8 coil that came with my tfv8. The issue is that the recommended vaping wattage for this .15 ohms is 50-260 watts. Now if I try to vape the coil at 120 watts all I get is burnt coil taste. Yes I let the coil prime for about 15 minutes and I also primed it when it was out of the tank. I'm not sure why I am getting a burnt taste out of the coil head. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I also am using a koopor plus 200w box.
I find taking a pin and poming 3-4 holes through the cotton in each juice port helps it wick alot better quicker more flavor

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Haven't had a problem with burnt coils for the V8, like others said prime the hell out of the coil and start vaping really low, working your way up. Been using the same Oct-8 coil for over two weeks, tastes as good as originally installed.
This is solid. I would hate to have to depend on factory made coils. That's the entire reason I learned from day one how to build a simple coil. It's easy as hell. I mean if you get a coil master jig it makes it super easy. Easier to me than fucking with commercial factory coils, and there better every time

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors