Become a Patron!

The 7.25% Solution (Soho, custard/cream)

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
If you're a fan of FA Soho, this might be worth a tester.
The Soho is dominate, with a bit of "bite", and rides on a somewhat buttery custard/cream. I can taste custard notes but hesitate to call it a full on custard so tagged the cream with it.

The 7.25% Solution

0.75% Clotted Cream (SSA)
0.50% Cookie Butter (SC) (WF)
1.00% Custard Premium (FA)
0.75% Milk and Honey (Flavorah)
4.00% Soho (FA)
0.25% Super Sweet (Purilum)

This had a 10 week steep before I got to it (I'm slow!) but I'd suggest to try and give it a month if you can.
Tested using a Geekvape Aero sub-ohm tank with a 0.15 ohm mesh coil at 40 watts.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you're a fan of FA Soho, this might be worth a tester.
The Soho is dominate, with a bit of "bite", and rides on a somewhat buttery custard/cream. I can taste custard notes but hesitate to call it a full on custard so tagged the cream with it.

The 7.25% Solution

0.75% Clotted Cream (SSA)
0.50% Cookie Butter (SC) (WF)
1.00% Custard Premium (FA)
0.75% Milk and Honey (Flavorah)
4.00% Soho (FA)
0.25% Super Sweet (Purilum)

This had a 10 week steep before I got to it (I'm slow!) but I'd suggest to try and give it a month if you can.
Tested using a Geekvape Aero sub-ohm tank with a 0.15 ohm mesh coil at 40 watts.

Thanks for sharing your creation with with us I have everything except ONE Flavor clotted Cream, any sub for that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for sharing your creation with with us I have everything except ONE Flavor clotted Cream, any sub for that ?

Hello, thank you for checking this out!

I don't have the best grasp of my flavors yet to be confident about recommending subs, but probably any cream that you have would be fine.
I used it mainly for it's thicker mouthfeel.
Perhaps FLV Cream, FA Cream Fresh or maybe Vienna, or your favorite.
I don't think using whatever you have or enjoy best will really affect things too much.

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy it if you give it a try!

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello, thank you for checking this out!

I don't have the best grasp of my flavors yet to be confident about recommending subs, but probably any cream that you have would be fine.
I used it mainly for it's thicker mouthfeel.
Perhaps FLV Cream, FA Cream Fresh or maybe Vienna, or your favorite.
I don't think using whatever you have or enjoy best will really affect things too much.

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy it if you give it a try!

Thanks for reply I have Al most all creams which you mention I will use FLV

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What flavor is soho
It's a "complex" tobacco flavor... I like it but the 4% mentioned in the recipe seems too high.
Here's a quote from a review:
"On the nose it smells slightly sweet and nutty, sort of like if someone were candying nuts directly outside of a cigar shop, Nuts, Caramel, and sweet tobacco. Very much of that smell comes through, though I feel the caramel notes are taking a backseat to the nutty tobacco. It does retain the sweetness I’d look for in an RY4, if that’s the direction you’d want to take Soho, assuming the caramel notes don’t become more prominent with a steep, they’ll need help to really flesh out the profile."

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
What flavor is soho
Hello, the review that VapeOn1960 posted pretty much sums it up.
It reminds me of a kind of nutty RY4. I don't really get a straight up tobacco flavor from it, to me it seems more earthy or "dirty" rather than leafy.
It does have a bit of a "bite" to it at 4% in this mix, but I like it there.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It's a "complex" tobacco flavor... I like it but the 4% mentioned in the recipe seems too high.
Here's a quote from a review:
"On the nose it smells slightly sweet and nutty, sort of like if someone were candying nuts directly outside of a cigar shop, Nuts, Caramel, and sweet tobacco. Very much of that smell comes through, though I feel the caramel notes are taking a backseat to the nutty tobacco. It does retain the sweetness I’d look for in an RY4, if that’s the direction you’d want to take Soho, assuming the caramel notes don’t become more prominent with a steep, they’ll need help to really flesh out the profile."
Thank you for helping out with the description!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It does have a bit of a "bite" to it at 4% in this mix, but I like it there.
BTW, I also use PUR sweet tobacco with soho (it is a nice mild darker "pipe" tobacco with "nutty" notes) They work well together. I also add caramel and vanilla for a full blown nutty RY4. At this point, it's really more of a desert (almost bakery) tobacco but I like it that way. It's my first vape of the morning.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
BTW, I also use PUR sweet tobacco with soho (it is a nice mild darker "pipe" tobacco with "nutty" notes) They work well together. I also add caramel and vanilla for a full blown nutty RY4. At this point, it's really more of a desert (almost bakery) tobacco but I like it that way. It's my first vape of the morning.
That sounds tasty!
Is that (more or less) this one?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey, I still want to try something creamy with my RY4 (a little FA custard premium sounds good... to me it has a slight butterscotch note) might slip some into what's left of my current batch.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Some people don't like soho (it has some other flavor notes... not sure but some people hate it)
I tried FLV cured and it's a basic tobacco... not bad but something about it doesn't work for me. It's kind of like the cilantro thing... taste is so subjective.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I tried adding some drops of FA custard premium to my RY4... yummy but now it's not really a "tobacco" anymore. That's OK it's good.
Sidenote: on ECF we were talking about tobacco recipes and someone mention something I had been thinking about... using a small amount of PUR sweet tobacco in a bakery recipe (especially if you want a "nutty" note) It can help bakeries taste darker and more "cooked". I actually haven't tried this yet but confident it should work.

manuva

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When mixing for pods, should I bump up the percentage of each recipe or just keep as is?

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
When mixing for pods, should I bump up the percentage of each recipe or just keep as is?
I don't use pods so I probably won't be of much help, but I have seen folks mention that, in general, pods benefit from an increased flavor percentage.

I did find this recipe to have plenty of flavor in my Aero sub-ohm tank, but I couldn't guarantee the same results using a pod as that is out of my wheelhouse.

Perhaps if you posted this question in the DIY E-liquid General Discussion you might get more eyes on it and hopefully more useful responses.
I did a quick search of thread titles in this forum using "Pods" as the keyword but didn't really find anything.
Apologies that I'm not of more help!

VU Sponsors