Become a Patron!

The Aegis Legend kit by Geekvape

karacal

Member For 4 Years
Good evening fellow vapers, tonight I am reviewing the Aegis Legend kit by Geekvape.
I would like to thank the good folks at Geekvape for providing the sample for this review
Geekvape.com
2018-07-19-2-png.755303

For those that have the original Aegis, The Legend is a dual 18650 version of the same device except for some minor redesigning to accommodate for the 2 batteries but still has a 200w rating.
It NOW comes in several new colors and the Mesh tank also has dual bands that match the color of the Shield on the device.
2018-07-19-7-png.755305

Red trim, Azure trim, Rainbow trim, Navy Blue trim, Green trim, Silver, Balck and Orange, Snake Skin, ACU Camo, and Stealth Black.

The Aegis Legend is made of a with Zinc Alloy cast buttons, SS powdered metallurgy Top where the 510 is located, a Leather backing, a Carbon Steel locking latch, and a thick Silicone casing.
The device is listed as Water Resistant, not Water Proof as the gossip has spread, so with the rating of IP67 the device SHOULD be able to withstand, if accidentally submerged in water, down to 1 meter for approximately 30 minutes.
Now, as many of you may have seen in videos or pictures from users intentionally throwing this device in a swimming pool or sitting it in a glass of water, this is NOT what you should do, it is designed for "in case it gets wet".
2018-07-19-8-png.755329

The Legend is also Shock Proof, which means if you accidentally drop it most likely it is going to survive, Geekvape has stated that it can sustain a drop from up to 1 meter. But as with the Water Resistance, this doesn't mean run it over with your car on YouTube, this means "in case it is dropped" it may survive up to a 1 meter drop.

The Legend is rated as Dust Proof, which living here in the high desert where the sand blows each day I have never seen any dust inside the Legend or the original Aegis.

In my box I received:
1 x Aegis Legend
1 x Aero Mesh tank
1 x IM4 0.15 kanthal coil
1 x X1 Mesh coil
1 x spare straight glass
1 x USB updating/ charging cable
1 x SS 510 DT adapter
2 x spare top cap seals
2 x spare top tank seals
2 x spare bottom tank seals
2 x spare chimney seals
2 x spare coil seals
4 x spare Shield screws
1 x spare USB port seal

The Legend does have a newer feature compared to its little brother, The Aegis, you have the option of changing the background color.
2018-07-19-5-png.755311

Now to accomplish this, click the Fire button 3 times quickly to highlight the Mode, then hold down the Up and Down buttons simultaneously. Then hold and release each time to pick the background you choose, then hard press the Fire Button to return to vaping.

The color that was sent to was the Green kit, which the colors from the tank and the device match up pretty well.
20180715_221841-jpg.755321

The Legend comes with the same Modes as the original
SS, TCR, Ni, Ti, VPC, Power, and Bypass modes.
The VPC(variable power control) really comes in handy for stock coils that you really can find a good wattage for and for RTA users. I did try the Bypass, Power, SS, and TCR. The TCR was off a bit as was the SS but the 1.2 Firmware update made it better.
20180715_222025-1-jpg.755315

The Differences between the Aegis and the Legend
Besides the upgrade to a dual battery, the Legend had to have a hinged battery door, it is a very tight battery door, probably the tightest I have ever come across. It takes a bit of pressure to get the door shut, but afterwards it is not going to accidentally come open.

On the Aegis to upgrade the firmware there is a top plate inwhich the USB port is housed held on by 2 screws, with the Legend it is now a rubber tab which can be easily pulled up and out. Geekvape states that the USB port on the Legend can be used for charging but I did not attempt it. The latest firmware for the Legend is v1.2 which can be found with instructions on how to update using a PC, options for using a Mac are not currently available. Geekvape.com/support/. The latest firmware update on 07/17/18 has improved battery life and TC issues.
I this that the USB port should have till retained the previous screwed down plate instead of the pressed in rubber tab since I did have a dripper accidentally decide it wanted to leak out all over the top of the device, yes, my error yes, but I did open the fully depressed tab to find a tiny bit of liquid in the channel where the tab fits but not in the USB port itself.
The Legend is a solid device though, yes, a little on the heavy side, but once dropped, as both my Aegis and Legend have, you will be thankful for the price of weight to durability.

The Aero Mesh Tank
2018-07-19-6-png.755313

Each tank, depending on the color of the kit, comes with the Mesh tank that has dual bands that match the color of the buttons and shield on the Legend.
The kit I received is Green so you can see how well the colors on the tank match the device.
20180715_221922-jpg.755325

The top cap on the tank is a "twist off" type with a thick seal that really secures the top cap after you fill the tank, it will not accidentally turn open as those that have a protruding button.
The 5ml bubble glass came already on the tank but a straight 3ml glass is also provided in the kit. having the option is a good idea for those who like to use a tank band or are worried about dropping the tank.
The airflow control ring is nice and tight with an internal stopper so it won't accidentally close measuring in at roughly 14mm x 2.5mm.
The airflow is good, not really airy to where one would need to take an extended inhale to get all the flavor and vapor.
The X1 Mesh coil is full of flavor and vape, not overwhelming, but great for those wanting to get a good a vapor of flavor with draining the batteries. Mesh heats up very quickly so even if the coil states "best at" start out lower and make sure to thoroughly prime the inside and outside of the cotton on the X1. I ran the coil at 55-60 watts with no issues and the longevity was on par with an all-day vape mesh coil, lasting approximately 7 days using 70/30 citrus flavor eliquids.
The IM4 coil is a quad coil which was actually surprising since I tend to see much more flavor these days from mesh coils. 5 days in on the IM4 using 80/20 bakery flavored eliquid this coil still continued to provide a good vape and flavor even running it at 71 watts.

So, if you are looking for a very durable device with a good tank that will produce a good all day vape where you won't need to worry about dropping it when getting out of your vehicle, off the counter, onto concrete, with good battery life, then I would look into the Aegis Legend kit.
If you do not like a heavy device, then I would suggest looking at something different since the Legend is built for durability and carries additional weight.

I thank you for taking the time to read this review and as always Vape Safe before anything.

Vape Safe and Vape Happy,
Karacal

Last edited:

VU Sponsors