Become a Patron!

The Aegis Mini Kit by Geekvape

karacal

Member For 4 Years
Good evening fellow Vapers,
Tonight I am reviewing the Aegis Mini kit from Geekvape.
This kit was sent to me by Geekvape for the purpose of this review. The products I receive and review are forwarded to those in need of kits that cannot afford them.
2019-01-14-2-png.792219

If you currently own the Aegis or the Aegis Legend, then imagine if it was shrunk by a shrink ray, this sucker is small!

In the Box

1 x Aegis Mini
1 x Cerberus tank w/5.5ml glass and 0.3ohm Super Mesh X2 coil installed
1 x Spare Super Mesh X2 0.3ohm coil
1 x Spare parts
1 x User manual
1 x Micro USB cable for charging
1 x Spare glass, 4.0ml

Lets move onto colors, reading them out loud does not do them justice.
2019-01-14-3-png.792221

Geekvape has gone a bit crazy with the amount of combinations but I give them credit, they did't give up!

As with the Aegis and Aegis Legend the Mini comes with the Waterproof, Shockable, Dust Proof protection that you are accustomed to, just in a miniaturized version.
Here is a side-by-side with the Aegis Legend just to give you an idea.
The Size Specs of the Aegis Mini kit:
Cerberus tank is 27mm x 42.5mm with a 18mm drip tip
Aegis Mini itself is 78mm tall
As for the weight of the Mini, just put a 21700 battery in your hand, it's that light.
gvmini4-jpg.792223
So yes, it's not a dual 18650 but with is size of Aegis they have packed it with a 2200mah battery with a max wattage of 80 watts.
Geekevape hasn't skimped on the quality of their Aegis devices, and they didn't stop with the Mini. Seeing a screwed down 510 plate will make anyone happy.
gvmini1-jpg.792225
The Aegis Mini comes with the same User Interface as is big brother the Aegis, Power, TC-SS, TC-Ni, TC-Ti, TPC, Bypass,and TC-TCR.
The background colors are not changeable as with the Aegis Legend if some of you were wondering.
Charging:
If you thought the charging tab was on the top as with it's big brother, Geekvape decided to put it on the bottom. Right infront of the Battery venting. and yes, you get a spare USB port rubber gasket in the kit, got to love the big spare parts kits from GV.
gvmini3-jpg.792227
Seems like a good spot for it and the rubber seal insert sits flush with the bottom of the device. The device does support 2 amp charging and does it well. I used my Samsung 2a fast charger and before I knew it all 2200 was full.

The Cerberus Tank
gvmini7-jpg.792229
The Cerberus seems to be the same tank that comes with the Nova kit. The difference I find from the Aero that comes with the Legend is that the Topfil on the Cerberus is TIGHT. Geekvape wasn't playing around when they made the Cap Seal for this tank. Most of the time filling it I couldn't get the Top Cap off and eneded up unscrewing the bottom portion or the entire portion of the tank.
The Super Mesh 0.3 X2 coil does have a great flavor to it, comparable to the Eleaf and NRG coils. I never go by the recommended wattages printed on the sides of coils, so I took the X2 up past 45 watts. Not something I would recommend doing again though. I ran the first coil for 2 weeks using a 50/50 eliquid at 38 watts and that seemed to be the coils sweet spot with flavor and vapor.

If you are looking for a small lightweight Aegis that comes with everything it's big brother is packed with, nearly, that you can take to the beach, working in the garage, or even as a backup device incase of emergencies you may want to check this kit out. The Cerberus tank brings alot to the table even with the almost unsealable topfil(it could have been me, I will admit)

As always, Vape Safe before you Vape Happy,

Karacal

VU Sponsors