Become a Patron!
Hey everybody, so I've been vaping for quite some time and I've done about everything. It has occurred to me though that I've never built my own mod. So I thought to my self I own a lot of much mods, and I love 20700's and got the idea to build a dual 20700 mech mod in parallel. Now this a great idea and all right??? Wrong. I asked around and everybody else thought it was a semi unique idea to build a parallel 20700 mech, but there was only one problem, finding a God damn dual sled... So instead of buying a custom made 3d printed sled I waited, and here we are dual 20700 sleds are now available and now is the chance to build my mech mod, but, I have no idea how. So that's where I need some help I'm gonna need a full in depth tutorial on how to build a dual 20700 pure mech mod wired in parallel. I'm going to know what parts I'm going to need where and who/what I would need to talk to about getting a custom case "this is a must" (I just don't know what company i would need to talk to for a custom metal case.) I need to know what resistors (if any) I need to get, and most importantly how to put it all together. If I'm going to be honest this is probably going to be a pretty lengthy journey not only waiting for a reply but also building it. Thanks.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, if it's a mech you don't need or want resistors, pots, etc.

You will need either a honkin' powerful switch or engineer up something like the cheaper-squonks: a lever & pushbutton to force the pos-end bar against the pos side of the mech.

Modmaker uk and Fat Daddy Vapes have useful hardware that is top-notch. I believe it's K&S that carries hobby sized packages of brass, aluminum and SS, rods, tubes, bars and strips.

You could also cop an attitude the first time around and steal a control-board from one of the cheaper, older, on-sale regulated mods. Just equipping them with decent gauge wire would be a cheap thrill.

Well thanks so much for the feedback but I still need to know what specific parts that I'm gonna need such as chassis switch 510 connector sled wire all of the good stuff and then the specifics such as the dimensions of the chassis then internal dimensions such and such.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Try looking on YouTube. Lots of great tutorials there on just about anything you can imagine.

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Take a big step back and learn more about electricity before building, if you have to ask the question you did above about using different wire gauge because you are using 20700 instead of 18650 batteries, then you don’t know enough about electrical principal to build your own mod.

Also, we are not going to be able to give you an exact blueprint, we don’t know what you have in your mind to build.

Building your own mod is unique because you design it and build it, following laid out plans from someone else is just reproducing someone else’s mod.

After brushing up on your electrical info, I would take stroll over to
www.motleymods.com
Order a kit, it will have all the materials you need for your build, minus basic tools and soldering equipment. He also has tutorial videos posted, they are pretty long, slow, and boring, but pretty good and helpful.

I use his site for my supplies and they are good quality and he really does have all the materials you need to build your own.

I am here if you have questions you can’t find answers to, but try to educate yourself within reason, I have no problem helping people, but I don’t like walking people through complete projects if they haven’t tried learning the basics on their own first.

Take a big step back and learn more about electricity before building, if you have to ask the question you did above about using different wire gauge because you are using 20700 instead of 18650 batteries, then you don’t know enough about electrical principal to build your own mod.

Also, we are not going to be able to give you an exact blueprint, we don’t know what you have in your mind to build.

Building your own mod is unique because you design it and build it, following laid out plans from someone else is just reproducing someone else’s mod.

After brushing up on your electrical info, I would take stroll over to
www.motleymods.com
Order a kit, it will have all the materials you need for your build, minus basic tools and soldering equipment. He also has tutorial videos posted, they are pretty long, slow, and boring, but pretty good and helpful.

I use his site for my supplies and they are good quality and he really does have all the materials you need to build your own.

I am here if you have questions you can’t find answers to, but try to educate yourself within reason, I have no problem helping people, but I don’t like walking people through complete projects if they haven’t tried learning the basics on their own first.

I do have basic knowledge I just needed a diagram more than anything, I was planning on actually not setting up a mosfet with a resistor, and in order to do that i need to build a mechanical switch, but i have the tools to do it, i just need to know how to do it safely

Last edited:
I actually figured out what im doing, I'm going to build a wooden box in a carpentry shop and hard wire it with straight pieces of 12 and 16 gage copper I will not be using a mosfet or capacitor, I will build the mechanical switch using ultem and a brass plate that directly touches the negative part of the 510, and discuss it with electrical engineers to do some math and make sure that the push button switch can handle a load of 80 amps. Thank you all so much for your input if any of you have ANY recommendations on what I should do or anything safety procedure wise or the best place to buy copper wire plates as well as any and all wiring diagrams (I will gladly try to demonstrate what i am doing with a drawing upon request for any future reference) etc. Please leave a reply with anything hope you all have a wonderful day.

VU Sponsors