Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. I hope it’s a good creamy mint. I got a juice called Peppermint Cream when I first started vaping from a small company in Vegas. I tried to buy other mint creams but it wasn’t the same.
I’m loving one shots now! I can mix something tasty and feel like I actually can diy my own juice.
Sounds good!

I won't be buying anymore wonder flavors. Every darn flavor has this horrid undertone that doesn't steep out. I have more of a opinion but I'll keep it short.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got my SZX cleaned up and put back together properly and thought I’d whip up a new flavor to use in it...this one isn’t bad for a shake and vape, but I’m always worried about using lemon flavors because a lot of times a day or two after mixing it just tastes like Lemon Pledge...here’s to hoping that doesn’t happen!
d1cf2baab50edf99069db43f0ab93fcf.png

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
upload_2019-11-7_11-15-55.png

here is one more I am vaping on. Just named strawberry cheesecake for right now, not feeling creative with the names, but am feeling creative with the recipes (even though this is probably the most overdone profile out there). It is fantastic after about 7 or 8 days I think I don't remember exactly when I mixed it.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just mixed @88ArDeN88 Frosted Lemon Cake, I decided to use the FLV Poundcake & I subbed the FW Yellow Cake with the JF Yellow Cake, just to reduce the chance of coil gunking.

Also mixed 3, 2, 1 Caramel Cheesecake recipe I found on ATF. From RudeRudi. Here's what he had to say & the recipe I copied onto ELR.

A4E51926-981F-4A56-B4F6-1538D6155993.png

Notes
A thick & rich delectable cheesecake marbled with sticky caramel.

This is a simple 3,2,1 cheesecake celebrating the magnificence of power ingredients.

INW Yes, we cheesecake has been my go-to since it’s release and it continues to surprise me for it pure simplicity. This , European style cheesecake, perfectly encapsulates all that is cheesecake with ease. The rich, creamy & velvety smooth filling sits lovingly atop an unassuming base, given a delicate boost in the form of INW Coconut cookies, which is beyond superb in itself. A light & crisp coconut cookie with a touch of vanilla is the perfect beau for our paladin.

HS caramel toffee adds a deep, sticky and slightly sweet layer to enhance the threesome without distracting from the main profile.

Give this baby 3 to 5 days to settle and enjoy!
RudeRudi

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just mixed @88ArDeN88 Frosted Lemon Cake, I decided to use the FLV Poundcake & I subbed the FW Yellow Cake with the JF Yellow Cake, just to reduce the chance of coil gunking.

Also mixed 3, 2, 1 Caramel Cheesecake recipe I found on ATF. From RudeRudi. Here's what he had to say & the recipe I copied onto ELR.

View attachment 149306

Notes

This is a simple 3,2,1 cheesecake celebrating the magnificence of power ingredients.

INW Yes, we cheesecake has been my go-to since it’s release and it continues to surprise me for it pure simplicity. This , European style cheesecake, perfectly encapsulates all that is cheesecake with ease. The rich, creamy & velvety smooth filling sits lovingly atop an unassuming base, given a delicate boost in the form of INW Coconut cookies, which is beyond superb in itself. A light & crisp coconut cookie with a touch of vanilla is the perfect beau for our paladin.

HS caramel toffee adds a deep, sticky and slightly sweet layer to enhance the threesome without distracting from the main profile.

RudeRudi

This looks great and I even think that I could handle it! I’ve been avoiding cheesecake since I’d gotten a Blueberry cheesecake that knocked me over with a horrible migraine. I’m not sure if it was the blueberry or the cheese cake that did it, so I’m wary of both now.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 149306

Notes

RudeRudi

I've tried to like cheesecakes over the years, but every one of them tastes like gym socks. Then I tried YWC a couple of months ago and it was a revelation. I"m vaping it right now and it's delicious.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've tried to like cheesecakes over the years, but every one of them tastes like gym socks. Then I tried YWC a couple of months ago and it was a revelation. I"m vaping it right now and it's delicious.
I have heard TFA Cheesecake (not Cheesecake Graham Crust) has this taste. I find TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust, INW Yes, We Cheesecake, and some CAP NY Cheesecake to be perfect together. YWC can stand on it's own, but I like the NYCC with it better. There was a 3,2,1 posted somewhere that uses YWC at 3%, but personally I do not like it over 2% it starts to get a bit funky on me.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have heard TFA Cheesecake (not Cheesecake Graham Crust) has this taste. I find TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust, INW Yes, We Cheesecake, and some CAP NY Cheesecake to be perfect together. YWC can stand on it's own, but I like the NYCC with it better. There was a 3,2,1 posted somewhere that uses YWC at 3%, but personally I do not like it over 2% it starts to get a bit funky on me.

I've seen that and I just found it on a spreadsheet.

YWC 3%, CAP NYCC 2%, TFA CGC 1%

I don't think I've every mixed that, I'll give it a try.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Have you ever heard of bad headaches from any of these cheesecakes? I got the one I had online, and I wasn’t going to write and ask them what flavors they used!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you ever heard of bad headaches from any of these cheesecakes? I got the one I had online, and I wasn’t going to write and ask them what flavors they used!
It could have been the juice, it could have been the nicotine content, who knows. I have never gotten a headache that I can directly attribute to the vaping of any specific juice and especially not a specific concentrate. I would try some out, I can send you a bottle of the new cheesecake juice I made if you like and you can try it out. Just PM your info and I'll get it out when I get a chance.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow, thank you. I will.

It could be the company since I was only getting 3mg juice. I’ve stopped buying from them after I bought some on sale and they started darkening a lot during steeping.

Edit: it was not the usual suspect, Om. Although yes, that’s happened with them. Lol

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This is the next thing I'm mixing, after work today:

Christmas Lights

Anise (INAWERA) 1.5%
Blood Orange (FW) 2%
Cherry, Black (Amarena, Cherryl) (FA) 1.5%
Cream Soda (FW) 2%
Frosting (Flavorah) 1%
Hawaiian Limeade (FW) 1%
Marshmallow (FW) 2.25%
Peppermint (TPA) 2%
Powdered Sugar (OOO) 1%
Super Sweet (Cap) 0.5%

Total 14.75%

What I'm after is a kind of holiday mixed-fruit-and-mint, hard-candy flavor with a spice backnote. A flavor that is colorful and sparkly, like Christmas lights!

ETA: A couple of small changes made to match the way I mixed this.

ETA2: Needs a 6-day steep

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Christmas Lights

Anise (INAWERA) 1.5%
Ethyl Vanillin 10% (TPA) 2% ....or I may use FW Cream Soda, still thinking about this...
Frosting (Flavorah) 1%
Hawaiian Limeade (FW) 1%
Marshmallow (FW) 2%
Peppermint (TPA) 2%
Powdered Sugar (OOO) 1%
Royal Orange (FA) 2%

Total 14%

What I'm after is a kind of holiday mixed-fruit-and-mint, hard-candy flavor with a spice backnote. A flavor that is colorful and sparkly, like Christmas lights!

That’s a really interesting mix! I hope that I eventually get to the place where I can make up recipes in my head because I’m familiar with the flavors.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That’s a really interesting mix! I hope that I eventually get to the place where I can make up recipes in my head because I’m familiar with the flavors.
The best way to do it is to first test all of your individual flavors at varying percentages (depending on the brand and flavor it varies) and take notes. I have a bunch I haven't tested but still play with because I decided to just go crazy and buy 287 flavors in the course of a little less than a year, but you can do it. It's really all trial and error. I made like 6 versions of a strawberry cheesecake until I came up with the one I posted above. They were all good, but not quite what I wanted.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The best way to do it is to first test all of your individual flavors at varying percentages (depending on the brand and flavor it varies) and take notes. I have a bunch I haven't tested but still play with because I decided to just go crazy and buy 287 flavors in the course of a little less than a year, but you can do it. It's really all trial and error. I made like 6 versions of a strawberry cheesecake until I came up with the one I posted above. They were all good, but not quite what I wanted.

That’s a lot of flavors! You must have a huge cabinet or something for them. I think I have a little less than 20 now, but I e only tried about five of them.
I went crazy with my second mix attempt, didn’t really let it steep, and started adding stuff to it. It would’ve been okay if I hadn’t added PUR Banana Scotch Cream and then their Raspberry a day later.
I’m not sure what I was thinking! (It was LB Vanilla Cream tob to start with.)

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That’s a lot of flavors! You must have a huge cabinet or something for them. I think I have a little less than 20 now, but I e only tried about five of them.
I went crazy with my second mix attempt, didn’t really let it steep, and started adding stuff to it. It would’ve been okay if I hadn’t added PUR Banana Scotch Cream and then their Raspberry a day later.
I’m not sure what I was thinking! (It was LB Vanilla Cream tob to start with.)
ask @wildgypsy70 how many she has lol, 280 is nothing.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just got in 7 flavors (flavorah) and the LB peppermint white chocolate.
I thought I had more flavorah but I'm only counting 55 flavors so far.

I did and have been downsizing my flavoring collection.
I'm so curious on mixing the LB peppermint white chocolate.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
also, i wanted to ask. Does anyone else get a strange off note with MB Melty Caramel. I don't really know what it is, but everything I've mixed with it is just not great. I tested it solo at 3 and 5% and I don't have anything about that in my notes, but I can't seem to place it. I want to like it, but I don't think I do.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I just got in 7 flavors (flavorah) and the LB peppermint white chocolate.
I thought I had more flavorah but I'm only counting 55 flavors so far.

I did and have been downsizing my flavoring collection.
I'm so curious on mixing the LB peppermint white chocolate.

Let me know how that is, please. I’ve been craving creamy mint lately. Thanks!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
also, i wanted to ask. Does anyone else get a strange off note with MB Melty Caramel. I don't really know what it is, but everything I've mixed with it is just not great. I tested it solo at 3 and 5% and I don't have anything about that in my notes, but I can't seem to place it. I want to like it, but I don't think I do.

What company is MB? It sounds good, but if you have to want to like it, you prolly really don’t.

You like PUR Caramel Coffee with Sweet Milk, right? I’m going to try mixing it later tonight or tomorrow. I can’t finish the VCT I messed up.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Does it have a "boozy" note to it? I notice that in some caramels, and really can't stand it. It might be ok to use in a spicy bakery mix or an eggnog, but in candy or ice cream or custard, it would just be gross to me.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm going to try to mix it tonight. I hope I like it. :)
I love the PUR caramel coffee I already went though a 15mL and plan on buying more the next Nic Riv purchase

I’m so glad! I realized last night that I really do like the Salted Caramel Macchiato and am finishing off the 60ml I have.

I’d like to diy something fairly close to that. :eek:ptimistic:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried some single flavors to see what they were like. Tfa cotton candy 2%/4%, tfa cotton candy circus 2%/4%, purilum cotton candy 2%/4%. Regular cotton candy was alright, needs help to achieve a cotton candy. Will probably try some vanillin or vanilla swirl. CC circus was a little odd, maybe mixed in at a small amount with regular cotton candy. Pur cotton candy smelled good from the bottle, tasted like funky burning incense in a meditation shop.

Also tried some bananas on their own at 3%, purilum banana, capella banana, tfa banana cream and fa banana. Capella was probably the best out of the bunch, tfa banana cream had a funky old banana taste up front that kind of faded to cream. Wasn't too terrible but not my first choice. Pur banana was iffy and fa banana tasted like vaping an old cardboard box that had rotten bananas in it at one time.

Not sure if it was the % or the atomizer, tested them on a hadaly (clone) and used fresh cotton each time. I'll try on another atomizer before I ditch the nasty ones. Hopefully they'll be salvageable mixed with something else so they're not a total loss. Gave pur a chance since their country apple and creamy caramel weren't too bad. Meh.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Tried some single flavors to see what they were like. Tfa cotton candy 2%/4%, tfa cotton candy circus 2%/4%, purilum cotton candy 2%/4%. Regular cotton candy was alright, needs help to achieve a cotton candy. Will probably try some vanillin or vanilla swirl. CC circus was a little odd, maybe mixed in at a small amount with regular cotton candy. Pur cotton candy smelled good from the bottle, tasted like funky burning incense in a meditation shop.

Also tried some bananas on their own at 3%, purilum banana, capella banana, tfa banana cream and fa banana. Capella was probably the best out of the bunch, tfa banana cream had a funky old banana taste up front that kind of faded to cream. Wasn't too terrible but not my first choice. Pur banana was iffy and fa banana tasted like vaping an old cardboard box that had rotten bananas in it at one time.

Not sure if it was the % or the atomizer, tested them on a hadaly (clone) and used fresh cotton each time. I'll try on another atomizer before I ditch the nasty ones. Hopefully they'll be salvageable mixed with something else so they're not a total loss. Gave pur a chance since their country apple and creamy caramel weren't too bad. Meh.

You should do reviews, Syn. That was great! I was confusing my kitties laughing out loud.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No snow today. Just a frozen tundra!

I haven’t even broken out any winter coats yet. I can’t believe it’s so cold where you are!
It’s still in the 50’s here, going down to the 40’s. The weather is very strange!

I almost pulled the trigger on a 10 flavor sampler from LB. Maybe I still will. The White Chocolate Peppermint was one of them that I picked.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven’t even broken out any winter coats yet. I can’t believe it’s so cold where you are!
It’s still in the 50’s here, going down to the 40’s. The weather is very strange!

I almost pulled the trigger on a 10 flavor sampler from LB. Maybe I still will. The White Chocolate Peppermint was one of them that I picked.
You can also pick up at bull city flavors and gremlin diy. I'm sure other places sell it as well.

P.S. It's so close to black friday and a lot of the flavoring vendors will have a sale.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Christmas Lights

Anise (INAWERA) 1.5%
Blood Orange (FW) 2%
Cream Soda (FW) 2%
Frosting (Flavorah) 1%
Hawaiian Limeade (FW) 1%
Marshmallow (FW) 2.25%
Peppermint (TPA) 2%
Powdered Sugar (OOO) 1%
Super Sweet (Cap) 0.5%

Total 14.75%

ETA: A couple of small changes made to match the way I mixed this.
This. Looks. Interesting. Very interesting. I am very curious about how this turns out. I’m missing a flavor, too!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

So I don’t know what happened there^^^
What other LB do you have picked out?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So I don’t know what happened there^^^
What other LB do you have picked out?

They have a ten flavor sample pack at LB for $25. You can choose from their flavors, and I chose the White Choc Peppermint but didn’t end up buying the sampler.

I bought Vanilla Cream Tobacco, Belgian Waffle and Snickerdoodle. I tried the VCT but I don’t know why I bought the other two!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They have a ten flavor sample pack at LB for $25. You can choose from their flavors, and I chose the White Choc Peppermint but didn’t end up buying the sampler.

I bought Vanilla Cream Tobacco, Belgian Waffle and Snickerdoodle. I tried the VCT but I don’t know why I bought the other two!
Not a bad price! And LB has some good ones!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

You bought the Belgian Waffle so you can make Caramel Waffle Cappuccino. You just didn't know it at the time. K? :p

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This. Looks. Interesting. Very interesting. I am very curious about how this turns out. I’m missing a flavor, too!

Right now, everything is very subtle in it except the peppermint. You're right, will be interesting to see how it develops over the next week or so.

The Anise will surprise you - it's not as in-yer-face as I would have expected. If I didn't know it was in the mix, I wouldn't be able to pick it out. It adds something, though, I just don't know exactly how to describe it. It "fills in" the background, iykwim.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Right now, everything is very subtle in it except the peppermint. You're right, will be interesting to see how it develops over the next week or so.

The Anise will surprise you - it's not as in-yer-face as I would have expected. If I didn't know it was in the mix, I wouldn't be able to pick it out. It adds something, though, I just don't know exactly how to describe it. It "fills in" the background, iykwim.
Are you getting the candy part you’re looking for?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Are you getting the candy part you’re looking for?

It isn't quite there, but the powdered sugar combined with the frosting will build up the peppermint candy base, with a little time. I think it's going to work.

That powdered sugar is some good stuff. It's odd, though, the different ways it works in different mixes.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’ll get the sampler then. Someone told me not to buy LB flavors! Thanks, Wild Gypsy. :hug:
Really? They’re like any other company....hits and misses. I particularly like Belgian Waffle, Vanilla Ice Cream, Strawberry Cheesecake and White Chocolate Peppermint. The rest are good and usable. For that price, it’s worth getting a few to try out.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It isn't quite there, but the powdered sugar combined with the frosting will build up the peppermint candy base, with a little time. I think it's going to work.

That powdered sugar is some good stuff. It's odd, though, the different ways it works in different mixes.
It is, right? I love that stuff. And it is pretty amazing how it works so differently with various flavor combos. I can’t wait to see how it steeps out!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Really? They’re like any other company....hits and misses. I particularly like Belgian Waffle, Vanilla Ice Cream, Strawberry Cheesecake and White Chocolate Peppermint. The rest are good and usable. For that price, it’s worth getting a few to try out.

Oh good, I have Belgian Waffle and Vanilla Ice Cream! Oh well, I’ll go with my instinct next time. Yeah, 10 flavors for $25 seemed really good. And I had picked ones out that got decent reviews too. Thanks!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I got a white choc peppermint from flavor revolution that smells pretty good, curious to see how it turns out. Sounds good at least and thought it may go well in a candy cane type vape.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I got a white choc peppermint from flavor revolution that smells pretty good, curious to see how it turns out. Sounds good at least and thought it may go well in a candy cane type vape.

I got a juice called Candy Cane from the Sauce LA that I really liked. I wanted to try to mix something similar. Is a Candy cane flavor made from peppermint, or a mix of mint?

VU Sponsors