Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You need VT Banana Custard and WF Banana Puree! There's not really any custard in the VT one. It's a great banana flavor though. WF puree is a bit softer but realistic banana IMO. I tried Caps Banana and got a weird taste that made me think of the color green. If was quite off putting. It could've been bad or maybe I just used too much. I haven't tried it since.
I haven’t tried the VT Banana Custard but I second the WF banana purée its fantastic!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Tried something today I had steeping for 8 weeks. Bit of an experiment.
Did a Nic River Sugar Crunch 2%, Nic River Paradiso 1%, Flavour Art Joker 1.5% and Flavour Art Marshmallow 3%. Tastes like a good base needing a top flavour. Think it would be ok really with just about anything else, berries maybe even citrus. May experiment with it in future.
Just added .6 ml of Flavour Art Up to it. I dont think it will dissapoint.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:wave: Steve! Hopes you are doing well too!

Hanging in there my dear friend~!

f15.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I found out something interesting about the Ecstacy Flavoring recently. I had made a 60ML bottle and it is a Red Flavoring but if you let it sit for a long time the color goes away. Doesn't happen unless it is mixed though.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is some DAAP goodness, all the flavors FA NA don't want you Americans to have.

I found the recipe at ATF then subbed in the FA Milk and Butter...it's so damn good!!

Butter FA .25%
Cookie JF 1.3
Cream FLV 1
Custard Premium FA 2.5
Meringue FA .75
Milk FA .75
Rich Cinnamon FLV .25
Sugar Daddy RICK 1

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Here is some DAAP goodness, all the flavors FA NA don't want you Americans to have.

I found the recipe at ATF then subbed in the FA Milk and Butter...it's so damn good!!

Butter FA .25%
Cookie JF 1.3
Cream FLV 1
Custard Premium FA 2.5
Meringue FA .75
Milk FA .75
Rich Cinnamon FLV .25
Sugar Daddy RICK 1
This looks DAAP-alicious!!! Yum, yum, yum!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Someone on the DIY or Die FB group was recommending this recipe to another member, who was asking for a fried glazed doughnut with no cinnamon. It's a very interesting recipe, will have to mix this one.

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/47508/mix

I will have to sub the FA Meringue and Maple Syrup for TFA Meringue and Maple Syrup, but I think it'll still be good.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Someone on the DIY or Die FB group was recommending this recipe to another member, who was asking for a fried glazed doughnut with no cinnamon. It's a very interesting recipe, will have to mix this one.

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/47508/mix

I will have to sub the FA Meringue and Maple Syrup for TFA Meringue and Maple Syrup, but I think it'll still be good.
I love those donuts! The recipe looks interesting. Torrone, eh? The rest makes sense.....torrone.....I gotta go look at my notes and see. It’s such an oddball flavor. But it’s gotta be there for a reason. Lol!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bounce all over the place trying to create things. Most of the time I abandon the idea and try something else. I need to stick to a couple and try to get them where I like em.

I want to create my ultimate orange/pineapple with whatever else or maybe nothing. I've always liked that combination though.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Got a couple of new flavors to play with today (well 3 I bought the Caps French Vanilla V1 ) Only ever tried the V2 and it was kind of meh. But I got RF Baklava and TFA Oatmeal cookie. Just a quick stand alone test at %5 each and These are not too bad at all. I can see them doing well in a mix.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey peeps, looks like River Supply is back up and running today, and they have a bunch of flavors on sale for 50% off. You might want to take a look!

(Hopefully they've not been back up and running for weeks, and I'm just running behind. That would be embarrassing!) :teehee:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey peeps, looks like River Supply is back up and running today, and they have a bunch of flavors on sale for 50% off. You might want to take a look!

(Hopefully they've not been back up and running for weeks, and I'm just running behind. That would be embarrassing!) :teehee:

So I get to checkout at River Supply with $18 worth of flavors, and they want $12 to ship it! Forget that shit. Wth???

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I get to checkout at River Supply with $18 worth of flavors, and they want $12 to ship it! Forget that shit. Wth???
Yep, I hate when companies do that crap. Like I really want to get the Timevape's Keen mod, but I will be damned if I am paying $12 shipping for something coming out of China. Not to mention it will take 6 weeks, if not longer, just to get the thing.

I may as well look to see what I can find locally

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I hate when companies do that crap. Like I really want to get the Timevape's Keen mod, but I will be damned if I am paying $12 shipping for something coming out of China. Not to mention it will take 6 weeks, if not longer, just to get the thing.

I may as well look to see what I can find locally
More than likely longer. Nadalama and I are still waiting on one package to find a plane to come to the US. Been waiting on that plane since mid may

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
More than likely longer. Nadalama and I are still waiting on one package to find a plane to come to the US. Been waiting on that plane since mid may

Yep I have one still that was ordered on May 2nd. Still no update. Yet I got the geekvape X yesterday and that I had ordered from 3avape on May 21st. So that was pretty fast. It amazes me on how some companies seem to be having no problem at all and yet others.....................

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep I have one still that was ordered on May 2nd. Still no update. Yet I got the geekvape X yesterday and that I had ordered from 3avape on May 21st. So that was pretty fast. It amazes me on how some companies seem to be having no problem at all and yet others.....................
See our 3avape orders could've been on that plane. Like what the hell. Then they offered me a $7 refund for my $40 purchase

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
See our 3avape orders could've been on that plane. Like what the hell. Then they offered me a $7 refund for my $40 purchase

Psh, ya screw that ..............$7 I seriously believe they think we are all idiots over here or something

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I very nearly said something that would have broken a forum rule. Oops. Imma think it real hard, maybe y'all will hear me. lol
Don't worry. Steve thinks I did too by suggesting we spam the China vendors with shipping questions and why only offer refunds of 1/10 the amount we paid. I'm being childish by exercising freedom of speech I guess

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Well if our orders weren't at the bottom of a 12-foot-deep pile of packages, they could've been. But since they are buried, some 85-year-old cleaning guy will find them when the rush is over, about the year 2045.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Don't worry. Steve thinks I did too by suggesting we spam the China vendors with shipping questions and why only offer refunds of 1/10 the amount we paid. I'm being childish by exercising freedom of speech I guess

Well it's the age-old question. When something is about a group of people, and it's the truth about the preponderance of that group of people, is it racism or discrimination or generalization? Or is it just the damn truth? I can't always be objective about that, so I just try to err on the side of caution.

Sometimes I don't quite make it, but I try. Sometimes.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just put in a big order from Nic River. 4 years of nic, PG, VG and a bunch of their NR flavors that got reviewed by Session Drummer over at ELR. I also just bought a freezer for my sister in Atlanta so she could store my nic for me. When I arrive in August I'm hitting the ground running.

I'm wondering if 4 years is enough.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I gave Everzon shit the other day about $37 to ship two mods. I get all excited about deals only to find out they're not.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gave Everzon shit the other day about $37 to ship two mods. I get all excited about deals only to find out they're not.
Yea that definitely sucks. Nothing worse than a let down. Like damn dhl doesn't even charge that much. Do they need gas money to drive it here themselves. Lol

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

For flavors that’s crazy. I’m wondering how much it costs for their nic to ship.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I thought maybe the $7 was on top of what you paid. I don’t see how they think they can get way with it.

I’m not sure why certain people get crazy upset over certain things here. Some people get enraged in political and other threads and basically flip out. Other people end up going off the deep end over other stuff. Very strange.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well if our orders weren't at the bottom of a 12-foot-deep pile of packages, they could've been. But since they are buried, some 85-year-old cleaning guy will find them when the rush is over, about the year 2045.

Prolly in a corona virus time capsule. Look kids, these are the vintage vaporizers Americans used so as not to smoke!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well it's the age-old question. When something is about a group of people, and it's the truth about the preponderance of that group of people, is it racism or discrimination or generalization? Or is it just the damn truth? I can't always be objective about that, so I just try to err on the side of caution.

Sometimes I don't quite make it, but I try. Sometimes.

I didn’t get the racism remark at all. How’s it racist to say they were lying about shipping?

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When something is about a group of people, and it's the truth about the preponderance of that group of people, is it racism or discrimination or generalization?

Mainly what we use are stereotypes. Chinese are very hard working, Koreans are slim and fit, Arabs are fatalists, Americans are friendly, etc. As you point out they are characteristics of the group, but they fail when applied to any individual. There is nothing wrong with stereotypes, they are just another heuristic we all use. Everyone uses stereotypes.

Racism is a belief, discrimination is an action. This is something that has been absolutely perverted in the US today. Racism exists in all societies, in all peoples. I've encountered it many times as I've traveled the world and I just ignore it. It's the discrimination that is the problem, but usually there's not much you can do about it so you just suck it up and move on. Some people in the US think racism is like polio, that it can be eradicated, which is just stupid. But as we've seen recently, the stupid have the stage and they are loud and persistent.

I'm not picking on or criticizing you at all, I just felt like addressing the issue.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mainly what we use are stereotypes. Chinese are very hard working, Koreans are slim and fit, Arabs are fatalists, Americans are friendly, etc. As you point out they are characteristics of the group, but they fail when applied to any individual. There is nothing wrong with stereotypes, they are just another heuristic we all use. Everyone uses stereotypes.

Racism is a belief, discrimination is an action. This is something that has been absolutely perverted in the US today. Racism exists in all societies, in all peoples. I've encountered it many times as I've traveled the world and I just ignore it. It's the discrimination that is the problem, but usually there's not much you can do about it so you just suck it up and move on. Some people in the US think racism is like polio, that it can be eradicated, which is just stupid. But as we've seen recently, the stupid have the stage and they are loud and persistent.

I'm not picking on or criticizing you at all, I just felt like addressing the issue.

I don't feel criticized, no worries. I agree with what you said. Would just like to add that even if racism cannot be eradicated, discrimination should be, and in a society that needs to at least ACT in a civilized manner for its own survival, an individual should not presume permission to express his racism in public. Furthermore the society's leaders should not make it their business to hand out such permission, to encourage the wide and bold expression of the very worst in its people.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Well said, Bob; and I agree. We use a type of short hand to draw conclusions about people, groups of people. But it doesn’t really apply in person.

This Floyd thing is dredging up a lot of hate now. And saying that certain lives matter is getting up my nose. ALL lives matter. We’re just going to have to learn to value everyone. Or learn to stop judging everyone by how they look...especially when you meet them face to face.

I’m sorry if I sound short, but NY used to be a great city when I was growing up. And now, the stupid are running the asylum. I’m fairly certain it’s happening everywhere, though.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Not being able to read spreadsheets had me at a disadvantage! :giggle:

O you have GOT to be able to see this..
It's On EXCEL...

and I AM LOVING da OCD of it all...

have to ask @bobnat are your {{ Bottles}}- flavors Organised
ONLY alphabedic... {Like Mine}

or did you opt to organise By Company an den alphabedic..

can see the merit of Both ways... so am asking.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well said, Bob; and I agree. We use a type of short hand to draw conclusions about people, groups of people. But it doesn’t really apply in person.

This Floyd thing is dredging up a lot of hate now. And saying that certain lives matter is getting up my nose. ALL lives matter. We’re just going to have to learn to value everyone. Or learn to stop judging everyone by how they look...especially when you meet them face to face.

I’m sorry if I sound short, but NY used to be a great city when I was growing up. And now, the stupid are running the asylum. I’m fairly certain it’s happening everywhere, though.

We're off topic. Just suffice it to say the hate was in full bloom before the Floyd thing ever happened. It's been in full bloom for years now.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
O you have GOT to be able to see this..
It's On EXCEL...

and I AM LOVING da OCD of it all...

have to ask @bobnat are your {{ Bottles}}- flavors Orgaised
ONLY alphabedic... {Like Mine}

or did you opt to organise By Company an den alphabedic..

can see the merit of Both ways... so am asking.

It's by company and alphabetic...I couldn't have it any other way. Also, after a mixing session, I go to every flavor used and subtract what I used from the Remaining Amount column. This then updates my Favorites sheet which is a list of the flavors I use in all my favorite recipes. So, when I'm thinking of ordering I can look at the one sheet and see what I need to replenish. The Favorites List is each flavor organized by company then in alphabetical order, then it lists the recipes it is used in.

I kind of like Excel. :)

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It's by company and alphabetic...I couldn't have it any other way. Also, after a mixing session, I go to every flavor used and subtract what I used from the Remaining Amount column. This then updates my Favorites sheet which is a list of the flavors I use in all my favorite recipes. So, when I'm thinking of ordering I can look at the one sheet and see what I need to replenish. The Favorites List is each flavor organized by company then in alphabetical order, then it lists the recipes it is used in.

I kind of like Excel. :)
I LOVE IT as i said...

Usto keep the inventory of my business on excell ... Cost per item.. then made it compute from my cost to Retail cost
or contractor cost or dealer <--{ another store.}
kept a running total of stock on hand. and profit per Sku.
end of the month run all the reports on Inventory profit loss helps decide DUMP dat dang line has not moved in X months..
Just loved it.

but my spread sheets were not color coded.. THATS NEAT

YET KEPT DA BACK WAREHOUSE color coded , then product and numeric..
EASY PEASY with excel.
JUST loved it. ITS A GREAT TOOL for us who suffer the effects of OCD,
its comforting

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I LOVE IT as i said...

Usto keep the inventory of my business on excell ... Cost per item.. then made it compute from my cost to Retail cost
or contractor cost or dealer <--{ another store.}
kept a running total of stock on hand. and profit per Sku.
end of the month run all the reports on Inventory profit loss helps decide DUMP dat dang line has not moved in X months..
Just loved it.

but my spread sheets were not color coded.. THATS NEAT

YET KEPT DA BACK WAREHOUSE color coded , then product and numeric..
EASY PEASY with excel.
JUST loved it. ITS A GREAT TOOL for us who suffer the effects of OCD,
its comforting

A fellow Excel geek!

Once I created a very complex spreadsheet simply because I saw program that was being sold and the author said it was so complex that it couldn't be replicated. I worked on it for about a month and it worked like a charm.

VU Sponsors