Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Are we good? Mixers?

Pic from your Monday post is missing - the text that should be interpreted is there, but the pic isn't showing.

I'm gonna see in a sec if it lets me quote you. If you don't see your own post @wildgypsy70 then the quote is still broken.

If you are seeing pics and I'm not, must be a difference in formatting for different devices. Are you on a phone? I'm on a laptop using Google Chrome.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Pic from your Monday post is missing - the text that should be interpreted is there, but the pic isn't showing.

I'm gonna see in a sec if it lets me quote you. If you don't see your own post @wildgypsy70 then the quote is still broken.

If you are seeing pics and I'm not, must be a difference in formatting for different devices. Are you on a phone? I'm on a laptop using Google Chrome.
I’m on a iPhone. Seems good for now. But it’s been spotty all morning.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Can't see any pics so I have no idea what @wildgypsy70 put up for the mixing challenge late... I'm guessing something with cherries judging by the comments.

Other than that @Smoky Blue has been dropping a lot of recipes so I've been mixing some of those up.

BTW BCF is 20% off through the 4th with the code BLAST2020 Thanks, @Roundhouse!

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received my Chef's order I placed on 1 June. I only ordered 3 flavor's, 15 bottles total. Does it usually take a month to get stuff from Chef's?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I just received my Chef's order I placed on 1 June. I only ordered 3 flavor's, 15 bottles total. Does it usually take a month to get stuff from Chef's?

The one and only order I've placed with them arrived in less than a week.

Are you on the west coast by chance? The USPS is moving slow as molasses these days.

Actually, my order was before all the COVID things started. Britain is wrapped up in it, too, so may be affected by that.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A month? Damn. I got an order during COVID and it took about two weeks. I figured it might take a little longer.....they’re also staggering staff as well as the postal service being super slow these days.

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@nadalama @wildgypsy70 I received it today. I contacted Chef's last week and asked them if they could check on the status but since I didn't pay for tracking, there was nothing they could do. They said that if I didn't receive anything in a month and a half to contact them to see what they could do.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@nadalama @wildgypsy70 I received it today. I contacted Chef's last week and asked them if they could check on the status but since I didn't pay for tracking, there was nothing they could do. They said that if I didn't receive anything in a month and a half to contact them to see what they could do.
I think its definitely due to COVID-19 as I’ve ordered quite a few times from them and before COVID always a week & its here.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
well just mixed up..
View attachment 164162

smells REALLY good.. how long to steep. { like to write that on da bottles for due date }
tried making my own dinner lady { it sucked }
yet am really getting hooked on dez lemon vapes.
I’d try it in 3-5 days. No super long steepers in there. That lemon cream wafer is such a spectacular flavor!

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I’d try it in 3-5 days. No super long steepers in there. That lemon cream wafer is such a spectacular flavor!
and NOTED thank you.:)
have you tried the tarte.jpg
this is VERY interesting.. even if it did end up making it suck in doing my own thing
{fruit loops did not even come close. to dinner lady}

and have you ever played with THIS???
lemon pound.jpg
dat one is Calling my name... {got it} am thinking custard.......... and
O WHY can't one vape Poppy seeds
i know i know i know Opium
yet I STILL want Just da Flavor..

cuz this is the stuff I really bake an Love.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
have you tried the View attachment 164165
this is VERY interesting.. even if it did end up making it suck in doing my own thing

View attachment 164166

I have the Tarte au Citron from Chefs & I just mixed it at the % suggested on their site. And I enjoy it as a one shot. Reminds me I should mix up some more.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I
have you tried the View attachment 164165

View attachment 164166

I have the Tarte au Citron, but haven’t done much besides SFT. My notes say I liked it, but liked the VT Lemon Meringue Tart more. Lol! Don’t have the Lemon Pound Cake.....do have the plain Pound Cake.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey, @nadalama

i finally mixed up the Yum Yums you found. I think I may be in love. Brilliant. I’m gonna let it steep for a few days, but I think it’s gonna be a winner! Thank you!!!

It starts off good, and gets better. Looking forward to your take on it a few days from now! I like it so much, I wish I'd developed it! ?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have that Tart flavor from Chef's, too. I can't remember where I got it, but it was in the states quite some time ago. I liked it single, myself. I couldn't bring myself to mix it at 15%, or whatever was recommended, at that time, so I took it to 5%. It was quite flavorful at that.

I've never had Dinner Lady, so have no basis of comparison for that.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well knock me over with a feather...

Just found out from my daughter that there's a grandbaby gopher on the way! Yes, this will be my first! She doesn't know the sex and doesn't want to know. She's 8 weeks along with a due date in the middle of February.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Just found out from my daughter that there's a grandbaby gopher on the way! Yes, this will be my first! She doesn't know the sex and doesn't want to know. She's 8 weeks along with a due date in the middle of February.
WOW thats WONDERFUL news..

Congradulations grandpa....

da bunny scampers off to start looking up Cigar vapes for Grandpa Gopher

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Wow what wonderful news! So exciting a new grand baby gopher on the way! Congratulations on the very best news ! :vino::hearts::hearts::hearts:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Congrats, my friend!:cheers:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

What great news! I'm so happy for you and your family, there is just nothing to compare to grandchildren. Congratulations!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
WOW thats WONDERFUL news..

Congradulations grandpa....

da bunny scampers off to start looking up Cigar vapes for Grandpa Gopher
Wow what wonderful news! So exciting a new grand baby gopher on the way! Congratulations on the very best news ! :vino::hearts::hearts::hearts:
Congrats, my friend!:cheers:
What great news! I'm so happy for you and your family, there is just nothing to compare to grandchildren. Congratulations!
Yay to the baby gopher! Congrats!!
Thanks everyone! That really made my day.

My daughter had called us and asked if she and SIL could come over. My wife thought that was odd and had a hunch. We sat and talked about stuff for an hour or so when my daughter pulled out one of those popup cards. We pulled out the note section and there was a copy of the sonogram and the words Hi Grandma and Grandpa!

They are in the process of getting a home construction loan and already have the land and plans for a 6 bedroom house. They hope to have it built before the baby turns one. Yup, they are planning on more than one baby in the future.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
They are in the process of getting a home construction loan and already have the land and plans for a 6 bedroom house. They hope to have it built before the baby turns one. Yup, they are planning on more than one baby in the future.
gophers give birth to three or four young per litter

are ya sure the house is BIG enough ' I mean JUST 2 Litters and they be almost bursting at da seams.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Did part of the mixing I need to do - new mix Hazelnut Mocha, refill of Backyard Vanilla and Honey Nut Custard. That hardly makes a dent, but it's all I had patience for this morning. Did mean to do a SFT of the Molinberry American Bubblegum, but got started putting stuff away and it just went right out of my mind.

ETA: I'm keeping this recipe, but it's getting renamed Hazelnut Mocha Custard. The custard note is too heavy for this to be a mocha-type drink, but the mix is really good and I don't want to change it. So, Hazelnut Mocha Custard.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

oh my geee, golly whiz!!! Baby gophers!! :D

My brother has that same issue.. bun buns in the ovens.. and no telling what sex either.. my sil is a high risk preggers.. decided we all will know what the baby is when the baby is born.. I ultimately pronounced the baby as a urchin.. :p and announced I am buying stock in hersheys and play grounds lmao.. :p

Congrats Goph... I know you will be spoiling your first grand too!! <3
big hug!! :)

btw the new site looks amazing!! @VaporJoe <3

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Now I need a strawberry fix....think Imma gonna mix up a bottle of @AndriaD s shisha strawberry next....just damned good, that stuff is.

In case you don't have it written down anywhere -- the blog posts are apparently gone, so here's the most recent recipe, a total of 20.5% flavoring:

Inawera Shisha Strawberry12.1%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream4.3%
TFA Vanilla Swirl3.1%
CAP Sweet Cream1%

Andria

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tnx Andria, last one I'd seen was 12.2, 4.2, 3 and 1...will give this new percentage a go.

Yeah, I think that was the last I put up on the blog page, but after I vaped 90ml of that, I tweaked it just a bit, decreased the strawberry very slightly and increased the DX bavarian just slightly, and it's better; ever so slightly less sharp, more rich. More satisfying, at least to me. I'm still vaping that mix, a couple 90ml's later, and it still hits the spot.

Andria

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I asked for a butterscotch custard because I tasted this juice from a small outfit at the vape expo last year ...anyway the juice was bloody lovely and I’m trying to find something just as nice I can make myself...to be fair to Wgypsy I couldn’t really give too much of a brief because I have no idea what in it other than the name of it lol wasnt overly sickly though was able to vape it without sugar overload or without melting my coils within a day

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tnx Andria, last one I'd seen was 12.2, 4.2, 3 and 1...will give this new percentage a go.

I edited that post, because the Vanilla Swirl is actually 3.1% now; I copied it from a google sheet, and apparently had the formatting for that cell with decimal places turned off.

Andria

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was curious, yeah, as to why you brought the vanilla swirl and the bavarian up a hair, now I see. Been so long since I last made it, I seem to remember it being really good right away, and just getting better as it steeped.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was curious, yeah, as to why you brought the vanilla swirl and the bavarian up a hair, now I see. Been so long since I last made it, I seem to remember it being really good right away, and just getting better as it steeped.

Yeah, one of the main reasons I've been able to bring down the percentages so drastically (it started at 31.5%!) was because now I give it about a week, before I start vaping a new bottle. I was only able to get to that point after i knew for a fact exactly how much I vape daily, and how long a 60-90ml bottle will last me; I mix when I'm down to about 30-40ml, so it has that week to steep.

But yeah; it was a very small tweak, subtracting .1% from the strawberry, and adding .1% each to the bavarian and vanilla swirl -- just a tad richer, and a smaller tad less sharp. Just more satisfying, to me -- I've never enjoyed tart flavors. I don't even eat real strawberries unless they're covered in sugar overnight in the fridge, and then add cream, or whipped cream.

Andria

VU Sponsors