Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Was going to go ahead and get INW coconut cookie also but ECF doesn't have it.
Yeah, it looks like that is one you'll have to shop around for - DIY Vapor Supply has it.

I finally got around to trying my Stone Walls V2 mix that I mentioned a while back (butterscotch/coffee/tobacco). It's had a good three month steep!
It's not bad but there seems to be a little off taste now and then but I don't get it every time. I have two variations written up from a while back and will probably do a third using the Purilum caramel coffee that I got recently. I might just skip those previous revisions though.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I finally got around to trying my Stone Walls V2 mix that I mentioned a while back (butterscotch/coffee/tobacco). It's had a good three month steep!
It's not bad but there seems to be a little off taste now and then but I don't get it every time. I have two variations written up from a while back and will probably do a third using the Purilum caramel coffee that I got recently. I might just skip those previous revisions though.
Which coffee? Some are very strong!
BTW, I meant BCF not ECF.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Which coffee? Some are very strong!
BTW, I meant BCF not ECF.
In this version I have WF Smooth Cappuccino Cream @ 2% and FA Tiramisu (Booster) @ 0.5%.

Stone Walls V2.0 :

2.50% Butterscotch Ripple (FW)
1.00% Smoked Butterscotch (Flavorah)
2.00% Smooth Cappuccino Cream (WF)
2.50% Sweet Tobacco (Purilum)
0.50% Tiramisu (Booster) (FA)
2.50% Vanilla Ruyan Custard (WF)
1.50% Virginia (FA)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Stone Walls V2.0 :
Wow... I'm impressed! It's not easy getting that many flavors to work together (often gets "muddled up") I use FA soho and PUR sweet tobacco together (with caramel and vanilla) I love sweet tobacco (mild pipe tobacco with a nice nutty note) I might try something similar (with a few subs) Thanks!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Results of my new two flavor mixes:

butterscotch ripple with banana: not getting the butterscotch (it's not bad though) Actually tastes like laffy taffy (that's going on my "childhood memories" list) Might add some caramel to this batch.
brownie s'mores with hazelnut: we have a winner! It's so good.I can't stop vaping it :bliss:

Last edited:

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Wow... I'm impressed! It's not easy getting that many flavors to work together (often gets "muddled up") I use FA soho and PUR sweet tobacco together (with caramel and vanilla) I love sweet tobacco (mild pipe tobacco with a nice nutty note) I might try something similar (with a few subs) Thanks!
Well, I wrote up V5 last night and am back down to five flavors which is how many V1 started with.
I'm going to use the PUR Caramel Coffee in place of the FA and WF as well as replacing Virginia with RY4 Double. Also dropping the Ripple for this try which wasn't in V1 either.

I also use Soho in a lot of my experiments, I probably have at least 10 testers coming up which use it.

edit: I just looked and have 25 recipes written using Soho, though quite a few of those are revisions and not unique recipes.

Last edited:

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I mixed up my newest version of Stone Walls as well as the 1960 Brew inspired by VapeOn1960 - caramel/toasted coconut/coffee.
I also did six other new testers:

two versions of a marshmallow/sugar cookie profile

strawberry wafers in custard

butter pecan pie/RY4/custard

milk chocolate/cream/custard

and a cherry blossom/dragonfruit/honeysuckle/jackfruit/cream monstrosity

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
And one more, haha!
I saw a commercial liquid mentioned over at the ELR Forum (Buttercream by Cream Team), googled it for the profile and figured I'd have a go at something along that line.

Profile:

"BUTTERCREAM – CREAM TEAM​

A clean and refreshing buttercream ice cream with thick, rich butter cake overtones that make this a decadent dessert flavor."

Some of the descriptions from the web search also mention "hints of salt".

I went all Capella - VBIC, V. Cupcake, Butter Cream, Golden Butter, Super Sweet.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
And one more, haha!
I saw a commercial liquid mentioned over at the ELR Forum (Buttercream by Cream Team), googled it for the profile and figured I'd have a go at something along that line.

Profile:

"BUTTERCREAM – CREAM TEAM​

A clean and refreshing buttercream ice cream with thick, rich butter cake overtones that make this a decadent dessert flavor."

Some of the descriptions from the web search also mention "hints of salt".

I went all Capella - VBIC, V. Cupcake, Butter Cream, Golden Butter, Super Sweet.

Cap Butter Cream is one of those flavors I could use in just about every recipe I have. It is so useful in so many different ways.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Cap Butter Cream is one of those flavors I could use in just about every recipe I have. It is so useful in so many different ways.
This is only my second recipe using it. The first one is still in my steeping drawer but is plenty ready by now. It's another all Cap recipe which is pretty much graham cracker in milk/cream.
That was my idea anyway - I should know before too long!

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I mixed up one more tester today, yet another stab at something similar to Vapetasia's Royalty Two.

I freshened up a couple of RTAs last night and put Royalty Two in one and seeing it's amber/orangish color sparked a memory about reading a flavor note about getting that color after steeping a bit.
After a (thankfully) short search I think I found the one I was thinking of - TFA Bavarian Cream. I hadn't tried that in previous testers chasing this profile so mixed one up that uses it.

There are probably plenty of flavors that will go that color after a steep but I think BC could very well fit the profile I'm chasing. (cream, hazelnut, tobacco - though there are slight variations on the description over the years)

I'll find out in a month or three!

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I mixed up two more testers this morning.

One is a different take on the buttercream ice cream that I mentioned previously that uses all FW and adds Salted Caramel to the mix.

The other is pretty much a lemon custard cake though I have some Purilum Marshmallow in there with the intent to goo up the "filling" a bit.
Inspired by nadalama's tip, I also added some OOO Powdered Sugar hoping to enhance the cake side.

Thank you, @nadalama !

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A few quick mixes:
VSO blueberry and blackberry (to add to steeped custard)
More brownie s'mores hazelnut (because it's so good)
Dumped the banana butterscotch ripple so just made some butterscotch ripple for the same tank.
For some reason WF banana puree doesn't play well with FW BR? It actually got worse as it steeped. Have been flushing the tank (it was a new coil too) with unflavored.
I forgot to mix a little PUR country apple (to add to my tobacco mix) Oh well... I have a method to try this in the tank (micro batch using drops and a blunt needle syringe)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Almost ready to make another BCF order. I love MB (molinberry) brownie s'mores so much (only have a 10 ml... thanks WG) I was surprised they have that brand but very limited selection (I wanted to get more) They also don't have lemon tart (another one I love) Who else has MB (in the US)?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
mail

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I wrote 56 recipes during June, a dozen of which are revisions of previous efforts. I only mixed 13 testers out of those 56.
I need to move faster!
I do have some empty bottles cleaned up so might get some mixing in this weekend yet.

I have a total of 70 15ml and 30ml bottles that I use for my testers. I was thinking of getting more but it takes me so long to get through what I have now that more bottles probably won't really help.

I guess I just like writing recipes!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ordered the new batch of Wonder Flavors because, hell, why not add to the dozens of flavors I need to test. And why not make it to 2000 flavors sooner than later.😂

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@nadalama , besides cake (and similar bakeries) would the OOO powdered sugar help OOO pie crust?
I'm quite sure I will use it for french toast. Haven't made my peach or apple pie in awhile. BTW... is it even sweet at all?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@nadalama , besides cake (and similar bakeries) would the OOO powdered sugar help OOO pie crust?
I'm quite sure I will use it for french toast. Haven't made my peach or apple pie in awhile. BTW... is it even sweet at all?

I think if I were going to enhance pie crust, I'd try FA Zeppola or Cap Glazed Donut first. Start with about 0.5%. OOO PS is slightly sweet, but not very.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys…been a long time, but I still recognize some names. I’m getting back in the juice game but have completely forgot the website where you can create recipes and save and share with others. It also has a list of your flavors and can give ideas what to make based on that. Anyone remember the site or if it’s gone what a good site would be? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys…been a long time, but I still recognize some names. I’m getting back in the juice game but have completely forgot the website where you can create recipes and save and share with others. It also has a list of your flavors and can give ideas what to make based on that. Anyone remember the site or if it’s gone what a good site would be? Thanks in advance!

The link is good, VU changed it to check cookies lol, smh....
Another good source for info and receipes:

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Hello! It has been a while! Good to see you’re still around.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think if I were going to enhance pie crust, I'd try FA Zeppola or Cap Glazed Donut first. Start with about 0.5%. OOO PS is slightly sweet, but not very.
Or even FA Apple Pie, which is mostly pie crust. You can definitely bury the very subtle apple.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The link is good, VU changed it to check cookies lol, smh....
Another good source for info and receipes:

Perfect! My phone remembered my login info for that first site and it held onto all my stuff over the years. Thanks!

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How long do the flavor concentrates stay useable? I’m looking and some of my bottles are not the same color that it was supposed to be. Should I just toss them and start anew or is that just a common issue and they’re still good to use?

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
How long do the flavor concentrates stay useable? I’m looking and some of my bottles are not the same color that it was supposed to be. Should I just toss them and start anew or is that just a common issue and they’re still good to use?

I saved this post by wllmc from Bull City Flavors regarding storing concentrates. From this it would seem that they don't really go bad but do change color and can lose potency over time -
Screenshot_20230702-103939~2.png

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Juice flavors (and pre-made juices) will last a long time IF stored in a cool dark place. With that said, my room is not cool in the summer! I have had a few flavors go bad within 3 years (keep in mind it's 108 deg F outside today) We mostly use a "swamp" cooler (evaporative cooler) and I don't get much airflow in my room (plus it's on the sunny side of the house) When it's really hot like today, we use the AC. Many people that don't have this issue have flavors many years old and say they are fine.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I found a bunch of good recipes that use VT red date. Being in CA, we have good supply of dates grown here (have eaten them my entire life) They are the "brown" varieties. Have never tried red dates, but they seem very popular to use in recipes. Have any of you used this flavor? Any comments?
BTW... any update on the vape train situation?

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I think this one turned out pretty well,

Creamy Pango

Ingredient%
Creamy Vanilla (CAP)2.00
Island Mango (SC) (WF)3.00
Milk and Honey (Flavorah)1.00
Peach, Sweet Type (SSA)2.00

Flavor total: 8%

It had about a seven week steep before I got to it. I tested it using a Geekvape ZX RTA with dual N80 fused Claptons at 0.46 ohms and 42 watts.

I got the peach being more forward with the mango lurking about and the Creamy Vanilla and M&H supporting nicely.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I found a bunch of good recipes that use VT red date. Being in CA, we have good supply of dates grown here (have eaten them my entire life) They are the "brown" varieties. Have never tried red dates, but they seem very popular to use in recipes. Have any of you used this flavor? Any comments?
BTW... any update on the vape train situation?
You can still get them at NomNomz in the UK. Not terrible shipping and pretty quick turnaround.

VU Sponsors