Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol! As excited as I am to have the fam over and eat, eat, eat.....I’m just as(if not more) excited to visit Bull City to pick up more flavas!!!
Ha ha. Me too!
Our thanksgiving went really well. Son brought two friends, and I have no leftovers.
I did set the oven on fire though lol. Dropped a tray of stuffing as I was taking it out, and the bready, olive oil coated things fell on the element. I had flames!

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turkey was dry, ham lacked flavor, the stuffing and fused Clapton of bacon around asparagus was pretty much en pointe.
Now just coming up with the odds and taking bets in reference to if this is finally the year that my sister comes out of the closet before the afternoon is over and if so, when.

Do things by the book...just be sure that you are the author

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tomorrow will be a mixing day, contemplating what I want from BCF day with the Black Friday sale, and a coil building day. I'm not going anywhere near a store tomorrow and I'll be up in my room all day due to house remodeling and needing the keep our dog away from the contractor.

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed this up today. I’m on a quest for a great orange flavor and I tried some cactus with it and woooow I am loving it so far! Tried dragon fruit, Red Bull, mango, marshmallow to help orange but this cactus seems to be just the right accent for me.
5f840f10bc3a9ee193dc564e5124ce99.jpg

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got $70 so far I'm my BCF cart and that's only 7 flavors!

Wanted to try yes we cheesecake but it's out of stock.

Now I'm wondering if I should get any new flavors. I want something different. Suggestions welcome.

Still haven't found my strawberry or cherry starburst recipe after years of buying so many flavors and making recipes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Now I'm wondering if I should get any new flavors. I want something different. Suggestions welcome.

Still haven't found my strawberry or cherry starburst recipe after years of buying so many flavors and making recipes.

I have 34 flavors in mine, mostly ten mls. A couple of 30s. Postage is at $30.88. If I add one more flavor, postage jumps to $90.
I just have to click pay now, but I get nervous for a little bit lol. I think I have an addiction problem with flavor buying. I get the guilty, but then I get over it lol.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 34 flavors in mine, mostly ten mls. A couple of 30s. Postage is at $30.88. If I add one more flavor, postage jumps to $90.
I just have to click pay now, but I get nervous for a little bit lol. I think I have an addiction problem with flavor buying. I get the guilty, but then I get over it lol.
I was like for about a year when I first started mixing but I rarely buy new flavors now.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I have vta glazed strawberry and vta cherry liquor in my cart to try.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Turkey was dry, ham lacked flavor, the stuffing and fused Clapton of bacon around asparagus was pretty much en pointe.
Now just coming up with the odds and taking bets in reference to if this is finally the year that my sister comes out of the closet before the afternoon is over and if so, when.

Whats the odds on that bet? Might want to get in on that action. This is my kind of betting.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

And how did it all go?

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And how did it all go?

My guess is nothing was said. Some of the games were starting to come on and I didn’t want to listen to a bunch of people yelling at the tv like they can be heard, went home, slipped into a tryptophan coma and woke up at 5:45 wondering whether it was am or pm (it was pm)

Edit: I’m not 100% sure of the sexual orientation part, but she only watches women’s soccer and talks about how men would have been hurt or not done as well and then launches into “Frozen” and how it shows a woman doesn’t need the help of a man to do things and blah blah blah, women’s pain thresholds are higher and are better than men in almost every way...so, I’m just taking that stuff into account and making an educated guess that she plays for the other team or is at least a switch hitter.

Edit 2: This is also from 20 some odd years of her never bringing a guy into the house to meet as a boyfriend or anything similar. I got excited one time because I was in shape and still in High School and on the football team and she had a guy come watch tv and I threw a wife beater on and walked by a few times...when he left she said he thought I was really cute *FacePalm*

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My guess is nothing was said. Some of the games were starting to come on and I didn’t want to listen to a bunch of people yelling at the tv like they can be heard, went home, slipped into a tryptophan coma and woke up at 5:45 wondering whether it was am or pm (it was pm)

Edit: I’m not 100% sure of the sexual orientation part, but she only watches women’s soccer and talks about how men would have been hurt or not done as well and then launches into “Frozen” and how it shows a woman doesn’t need the help of a man to do things and blah blah blah, women’s pain thresholds are higher and are better than men in almost every way...so, I’m just taking that stuff into account and making an educated guess that she plays for the other team or is at least a switch hitter.

Lol! Gotcha. We had no family drama so I’m living through others.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
One thing is for sure. If anything's been simmering in the family, during the holidays it will come out. It's like the crazy switch gets tripped about mid-October and stays that way through the first of the year.

My friend who is a therapist has had to send three people to inpatient care this week. She says it's like looking for a needle in a haystack, just trying to find open beds at this time of year. So if you notice that people are just nuts during the holidays, it isn't your imagination. They really are.

My cheap frozen turkey from Walmart was one of the best I've ever cooked. Just had a plate of leftovers a few minutes ago. Going for cake shortly, before the cake is all gone. Gotta love Thanksgiving and the accompanying leftovers.

May make homemade dumplings tomorrow. :D

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I actually pried myself away from the sales and mixed....other people’s stuff. Feeling momentarily uninspired with my own mixes.....but have a few in the hopper that show promise. We shall see......

Santa’s Milk(white chocolate peppermint milk)
Turtle Cheesecake
Sugar Moose(I adapted the recipe a bit)
Chocolate chip cookie dough(Wayne Walkers oops that was supposed to be cookies in milk)

They all smell really great. I really appreciate the talent in others mixes. <3

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We love ya @LeanPipe! Group hug!!!:hug:
Yes, we do!!!:blowkiss:
I agree! We wuv you!
Thanks! Made me feel warm and fuzzy! Back at yas!
One thing is for sure. If anything's been simmering in the family, during the holidays it will come out. It's like the crazy switch gets tripped about mid-October and stays that way through the first of the year.

My friend who is a therapist has had to send three people to inpatient care this week. She says it's like looking for a needle in a haystack, just trying to find open beds at this time of year. So if you notice that people are just nuts during the holidays, it isn't your imagination. They really are.

My cheap frozen turkey from Walmart was one of the best I've ever cooked. Just had a plate of leftovers a few minutes ago. Going for cake shortly, before the cake is all gone. Gotta love Thanksgiving and the accompanying leftovers.

Holidays and birthdays can get a bit sad, but I prefer not to feel uncomfortable around people, and I don't like arguments. Some of the women in my family are so nasty, I take after my dad, who is placid.
I wish I had some turkey left over lol.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dam you all ;).... I know I've spent way over $300 on these silly sales!
Got the email and in for another $60:inlove:

In for another 5 new mixes though.
Lol! I’m putting in my second flavor order! After 20batteries, a mod and a rda....goddammit! I feel your pain!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

It’s true! I notice it with customers. I mean, they’re crazy normally, but starting around Halloween, it amps up a few notches. They just get mean, impatient....the food ordering gets super whacked out. My girls are worked over something fierce. We’re all ready for the slow season after New Years.....

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It’s true! I notice it with customers. I mean, they’re crazy normally, but starting around Halloween, it amps up a few notches. They just get mean, impatient....the food ordering gets super whacked out. My girls are worked over something fierce. We’re all ready for the slow season after New Years.....
I used to work in pubs. Yep, crazy as cut snakes in the holidays lol

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll just keep talking away lol.
What is the best cream to use in hazlenut cream?
I want to make a recipe. I have fa hazlenut, lots of creams. Would it need maple or brown sugar might be nice.
On another note, I made these awesome vegies the other day.
Get yourselves some packets of frozen vegies. I used brussel sprouts, julianne carrots, beans. Use your favourite ones.
Line a large baking dish with baking paper. Throw your frozen vegetables in. Toss olive oil, diced bacon and onion, season to taste (I used pepper and onion salt), and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake until brown and crispy. So easy and really yummy!

VU Sponsors