The Good Old Times

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
7cb8f7359b278a11695ab6b7dc97f466.jpg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one somewhere I think, my mom gave it to me. It was my grandfathers and I think it was sort of a gag gift at the time. Though she said when he was in a good mood he'd be sure to use it for a laugh. It was a tie clip with a small square metal pendant like an inch wide by maybe an inch and a quarter tall. Almost like a rectangular locket. Press a small catch release on it and the top flipped down to create a shelf. It was a portable ashtray, single use. lmao. He'd flip it open and sit there smoking and lightly flick his ash onto his little tie clip tray. Obviously a dumb choice given the mess it would make closing it. And who wants ash spilling down the front of their tie/suit.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
′′ Few people know that Popeye's character (Arm Wrestle) really existed. His real name was Frank ′′ Rocky ′′ Fiegel, born in Poland in 1868. he emigrated with his family to America where in 1887 he joined the Navy.
In the company of children, he clutched the pipe at the edge of his mouth, recounting tales of his youthful exploits. Frequently, he proudly emphasized his physical prowess and proclaimed with enthusiasm that spinach was the key to his invincibility.
Popeye's character creator Elzie Crisler Segar was born in Chester and was one of the children who had the privilege of hearing ′′ live ′′ the stories of the former sailor."
Credit goes to respective owner!

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person and briar

VU Sponsors