Become a Patron!

The Herakles (Rose Gold) V2 Review

FrostyVapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a text today from the USPS (Unusually Slow People that Ship), letting me know that the highly anticipated package I ordered, had been carefully delivered to my front door ( Or drop kicked from the truck, which I wouldn't put past them). I watched the clock from my prison cubicle attempting to will the hands to go faster. Eyes a glow with the impatiens of a 4 year old waiting for mom to hurry up and take the candles out of the cake so I can nose dive in to that sweet sweet diabetic starter kit.I felt like an action hero, dodging the villainous orange barrels that have plagued this great metropolis. I walk/jogged to my mailbox after not-so-carefully parking my truck and there is was. It was a bit anti-climatic to see such a small package, but then I remembered that the prize inside was technically a mini.Peeling away the bubble wrap I unveiled my brand new Rose Gold Herakles V2. Oh, The FLAVOR!!! I could taste every molecule as though it was wrapping around my senses like an E- Liquid Hug. Being of the female population, it was an extra bonus that it was so pretty!! Ok, female, not prissy. I would say 4 out of 5 clouds for this little gem. and it only gets the 4 because the airflow is REALLY tight to adjust, like tighter than the grip I have on my wallet, and it takes the jaws of life to remove that from my hands. Vape On my fellow flavor chasers!!:vapemail:

BTW, I would LOVE it if I could do reviews for a company instead of just my own amusement.... Just sayin'

deviantplatypus

Member For 4 Years
That's the most entertaining review I've read in a while. Nicely done.

I love my Herk v2 too. It's a very reliable tank that's solid on flavor. I kick myself sometimes for not getting the Herk Plus. It's sad to run out of ejuice hugs when I'm only 3/4s of the way home on my daily commute.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review.

I have had the herk v2 mini on my radar since it was announced, haven't found the right deal yet.

Have you compared it flavor wise to any other tanks?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

FrostyVapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great review.

I have had the herk v2 mini on my radar since it was announced, haven't found the right deal yet.

Have you compared it flavor wise to any other tanks?

I haven't mounted the tank on my wall of flavor fame, but it hasn't disappointed me. I wouldn't be able to give you a comparison on tanks unless I knew what tanks you've vaped. When it comes to tanks, in my humble and entertaining opinion, It does not bring on the full, pull your hair and slap you on the rump flavor that my Herakles RTA-2 does, but It is leap years ahead of my Horizon tech Artic Turbo. Probably more comparable to the very first tank sub ohm tank I fell face first in to, the E-Leaf Melo 2. with the bonus of being about to vape at a higher wattage/ Temp before the coils give you the finger.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks to the FDA deeming regs I own most of them including the Herakles RTA V1, just thought the Mini would be a nice change of pace due to the smaller size and V2 build deck. Hmmmmm, maybe the RTA 2 build deck to replace my V1 build deck. I did just pick up the Wotofo Sapor RTA, nice for a small tank but I still prefer the Tobecco Super Tank RTA 25mm and Cleito with the optional RTA, both of those give off a more dense and flavorful vape, the Sapor is just cooler looking.

Thanks for the entertaining opinion, much appreciated.

FrostyVapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks to the FDA deeming regs I own most of them including the Herakles RTA V1, just thought the Mini would be a nice change of pace due to the smaller size and V2 build deck. Hmmmmm, maybe the RTA 2 build deck to replace my V1 build deck. I did just pick up the Wotofo Sapor RTA, nice for a small tank but I still prefer the Tobecco Super Tank RTA 25mm and Cleito with the optional RTA, both of those give off a more dense and flavorful vape, the Sapor is just cooler looking.

Thanks for the entertaining opinion, much appreciated.
Until I get a strong hold on my wicking skills, I'm going to stick with the RTA-V2 and my adorable Buddha. I'm not a huge fan of dripping because of having to constantly drip juice to keep from having dry or burnt hits. But I have been eyeballing the Tobecco.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My friend kept on raving about his super tank RTA and for $16 i figured why not. It definitely is a performer and doesn't burn through juice which is nice for a change.

Going to see if the black glass and chuff top from my regular super tank 25mm fits on the RTA version. I think it looks slick.

d67229cba5f7308630d897e090e5ea46.jpg

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@FrostyVapes 1 last question. Since you have both the Herk RTA mini and the larger RTA V2 if you were in my position with the Herk RTA V1 would you just buy the RTA V2 conversion kit for about $14 instead of getting the RTA Mini? I am thinking probably better to save that extra $16 and convert my V1 to a V2 if you like the V2 better than the Mini.

Thanks again for all your help

FrostyVapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@FrostyVapes 1 last question. Since you have both the Herk RTA mini and the larger RTA V2 if you were in my position with the Herk RTA V1 would you just buy the RTA V2 conversion kit for about $14 instead of getting the RTA Mini? I am thinking probably better to save that extra $16 and convert my V1 to a V2 if you like the V2 better than the Mini.

Thanks again for all your help
I'm a budget Vapor, So I'm always going to take the cheap route. This is not always the best. If I had a limitless vape budget, (or if I can get something for free) I would make the purchase,.. That way I can build on both decks and for the occasional nostalgia of my original purchase. Does that make me a Vape Hoarder ??

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Hoarder.....I resemble that remark :D

Just got the rose gold Herakles Mini in today, so far it is a great tank, really enjoying it.

Thanks again for the great review, if I had deep pockets I would send you a big vape mail package :vapemail:

FrostyVapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vape Hoarder.....I resemble that remark :D

Just got the rose gold Herakles Mini in today, so far it is a great tank, really enjoying it.

Thanks again for the great review, if I had deep pockets I would send you a big vape mail package :vapemail:
Anytime~~ My pockets are about as deep as Donald Trumps morality ( opps, did I just get political??) I am perfectly willing to accept small vape mail packages too,..lol

I have the Herakles Pro and Plus and the taste is horrible the tanks work good but the vape feels muted and i have the taste of like shoving paper towel in my mouth. I can't imagine the V2 any different

VU Sponsors