Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Something different tonight. Just got the Pico S yesterday and 12 bottles of Dinner Lady - Mango Tart ($.50/60ml).
22c243afe06060257ed7140e9bfd8184.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hope ya like it :) I also hope that one day soon the Asvape Zeta I traded you for, which is sitting in the my local PO for 2 days now, will get here so I can try it out too. Boy no 2 atomizers could be more different lol.
So far I certainly do :) I'll play around with the fine tuning, but just wanted to get it going.

Yeah, we traded a hemi for a go-cart :rolleyes::teehee:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So sending my Viking Grip back to Florida Vapor Supply... the coating is peeling, like bubbling off... was going to deal with the top hats being off in color... but no way should cerakoting bubble off like cheap paint...

upload_2020-5-14_11-8-21.png

Ahwell... was nice while it lasted lol

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So sending my Viking Grip back to Florida Vapor Supply... the coating is peeling, like bubbling off... was going to deal with the top hats being off in color... but no way should cerakoting bubble off like cheap paint...

View attachment 160952

I don't know a thing about ceracote finishes and how durable they're supposed to be, but yes, you would think more durable than that. They must finish the caps together and the tubes together which would account for the slight difference in color.

Aren't they the outfit that really takes care of their customers? Maybe they will take a lesson or two from this.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know a thing about ceracote finishes and how durable they're supposed to be, but yes, you would think more durable than that. They must finish the caps together and the tubes together which would account for the slight difference in color.

Aren't they the outfit that really takes care of their customers? Maybe they will take a lesson or two from this.

I suppose... they contacted me when I emailed them about the top hats not matching in coating, said to send it back... but I didn't want to send a mod I fired back, plus I was able to live with it being slightly off.

But the finish just bubbling off... that's just shit. I don't use cleaners to wipe the outside of my mods down... just regular water and microfiber... clean threads with mothers or one of the many other polishes I have.

Was weird too... grabbed the mod, felt like grime... rubbed my finger against it and saw it just scrape off lol... seriously its like they didnt media blast the mod first to help aid the coating to stick... just straight at home coating using a 4 cfm air brush and oven to bake... but I think or would believe this is beyond, "Did you use it" to be considered faulty.

The guy is supposedly here on VU... not sure they will respond to make themselves known... but it sucks to not have the mod in play... might just ask for the brass version and an ultem cap as replacement... dig the black... but really don't want to go through this again...

Not sure what happened to their coating process... the coating they did on my OG Grip is fantastic and really durable... I see people with the Black coating on Seiges and newer mods all fucked... but I fucking hate plain brass. Ahwell...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure what happened to their coating process... the coating they did on my OG Grip is fantastic and really durable... I see people with the Black coating on Seiges and newer mods all fucked...
Of course there's no way to be sure, but that sounds to me like a personnel change. Like for whatever reason, the regular guy can't do it and they have some less experienced person doing it now.

I like plain brass :rolleyes:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Of course there's no way to be sure, but that sounds to me like a personnel change. Like for whatever reason, the regular guy can't do it and they have some less experienced person doing it now.

I like plain brass :rolleyes:

Could be, no idea...

I might just get the brass and not deal with the nightmare finish.

Fuck I might just have it redone elsewhere if the turn around and price isn’t outrageous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

View attachment 160952

Riminds me of the misses Voopoo mini. That started peeling almost as soon as you started using it. What a heap of junk that thing is. The Voopoo.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Riminds me of the misses Voopoo mini. That started peeling almost as soon as you started using it. What a heap of junk that thing is. The Voopoo.

I stripped it, but can’t find my wire brushes

So that project is on hold til tomorrow, not going to polish it, but once fully stripped I’ll do a brushed finish to it...

I can live with a brushed brass look

Edit: if it’s Cerakote... it’s truly a shit Cerakote... probably soft coated for they don’t have a high temp kiln, but that stuff peeled off really easily with just brushing acetone over it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It's not like the Goons are head and shoulders above other RDAs anymore, but it's just kind of a classic. If you like the Themis as an RTA you should like a Goon as an RDA. It wants big builds and highER power.

I love my Goon V1.5! And the Vindicator 21 runs it like a locomotive. There are some days I just can't put it down. The taste and cloud production are the bomb.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors