Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Coding away, the data structures that make up a dull day....

Good thing I have this lineup cooking today.

(Potentially) Fun Fact: Apparently, the "window" sections from the newer KFL fits the window section for the KF4. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, many KF versions have swappable parts... Also, the dotmod rta would look perfect on the GG, if I ever bothered to shine her up...

20210323_161130.jpg

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Longer than train smoke!
506ded083ac505dc3fd8fd075ca0edf1.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get 3 weeks a year but because we have a special needs kid it is almost impossible to go anywhere. The cost of having someone qualified to stay one night is astronomical.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
My wife teaches special needs, so i know somewhat about that. Not to your level I'm sure. We don't always go somewhere either, just bummin' and workin' around the house this week.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get 3 weeks a year but because we have a special needs kid it is almost impossible to go anywhere. The cost of having someone qualified to stay one night is astronomical.

My daughter is 4 and is diagnosed autistic but she seems stuck at 12 months. She can only babble, will only eat blueberry cheerios and pizza (which is becoming a huge problem becuase she is only "regular" once a week and cries terribly from it), cannot dress herself, and I have no clue how or if potty training is even possible. Her ABA place says they are working with her for it but hey have not said what they are specifically doing or what I should be doing. Not many ABA places to choose from here either. And I am a single dad. I doubt I will ever take a vacation.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My daughter is 4 and is diagnosed autistic but she seems stuck at 12 months. She can only babble, will only eat blueberry cheerios and pizza (which is becoming a huge problem becuase she is only "regular" once a week and cries terribly from it), cannot dress herself, and I have no clue how or if potty training is even possible. Her ABA place says they are working with her for it but hey have not said what they are specifically doing or what I should be doing. Not many ABA places to choose from here either. And I am a single dad. I doubt I will ever take a vacation.
I can completely understand where you're coming from. My wife had two boys, both with spina bifida. The youngest lives with us and is paralyzed from the chest down. Has to Cath and bowl movements are once in a blue moon. The oldest boy passed away a few weeks ago from bowl blockage. He was living with his real dad in Chicago.
They say you can't get hit by lightning twice, I beg to differ.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some how I've gotten into the DotAio thing lol. Actually they are not to bad. Still on the fence with the Evl Dot RBA though. Got them all in trades.
Damn USPS lost one of my trades. A billet box dober with a titanium xeta. Dude sent it reg mail and pretty sure no insurance. What a dumb ass. Supposed to be sending my stuff back.
cbac43b1fb95a92e230bdd2b848c8304.jpg
a88e2d24b9659d20b017de2044eb38a8.jpg

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can completely understand where you're coming from. My wife had two boys, both with spina bifida. The youngest lives with us and is paralyzed from the chest down. Has to Cath and bowl movements are once in a blue moon. The oldest boy passed away a few weeks ago from bowl blockage. He was living with his real dad in Chicago.
They say you can't get hit by lightning twice, I beg to differ.

That's so sad.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some how I've gotten into the DotAio thing lol. Actually they are not to bad. Still on the fence with the Evl Dot RBA though. Got them all in trades.
Damn USPS lost one of my trades. A billet box dober with a titanium xeta. Dude sent it reg mail and pretty sure no insurance. What a dumb ass. Supposed to be sending my stuff back.
cbac43b1fb95a92e230bdd2b848c8304.jpg
a88e2d24b9659d20b017de2044eb38a8.jpg

Shit, good luck - you know my package to dicodes went poof but the svoemesto package made it. I jusy got the Evl Spot - I love it! Hey, I have some accessories for the mod - how do you get the case apart? Or change out a button? It is not obvious just looking at it. I have the zinc alloy SE btw...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I would like to be using this Lukkos I picked up but no clue as to the parameters of whatever chip this "Orione" is so I know what resistance to target. Anyone Know?

View attachment 179924
This?

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Under the little rubbery covers are the screws. This picture shows just which ones have the screws under. I use an exacto knife to remove the little buggers. The two in the top corners and two in the middle are where they are located.
b9ac49108823c6dc6b78fa4b3dddb3a1.jpg

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Shit, good luck - you know my package to dicodes went poof but the svoemesto package made it. I jusy got the Evl Spot - I love it! Hey, I have some accessories for the mod - how do you get the case apart? Or change out a button? It is not obvious just looking at it. I have the zinc alloy SE btw...
Under the little rubbery covers are the screws. This picture shows just which ones have the screws under. I use an exacto knife to remove the little buggers. The two in the top corners and two in the middle are where they are located.
b9ac49108823c6dc6b78fa4b3dddb3a1.jpg

Inganeer is correct on the location. The screws need a T3 torx. I haven't yet had the chance to try my EVL Spot.

1616897680799.png

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Inganeer is correct on the location. The screws need a T3 torx. I haven't yet had the chance to try my EVL Spot.

View attachment 179934
Yeah that's the size. Couldn't tell if it was a 2 or 3 even with a magnifying glass. Had to go to Lowe's and buy a set to get that size. Got 5 or 6 sets and none of them go that small.

Rewicked this EVL 3 times now and finally got it working. It is picky on the wicking. To much and you get dry hits and not enough your juice runs out. I'm really liking it now that I got that sorted.

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yeah that's the size. Couldn't tell if it was a 2 or 3 even with a magnifying glass. Had to go to Lowe's and buy a set to get that size. Got 5 or 6 sets and none of them go that small.

Rewicked this EVL 3 times now and finally got it working. It is picky on the wicking. To much and you get dry hits and not enough your juice runs out. I'm really liking it now that I got that sorted.

I have the EVL Alien for the Billet Box and it is like that. But when it is right it has great flavor. That's the reason I purchased the Spot.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

This talk of using an exacto knife to remove the rubber buggers worries me, though - like after doing it a couple times they may get shredded or something? It will be clearer to me when I have a minute to try it out. Thanks!

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This talk of using an exacto knife to remove the rubber buggers worries me, though - like after doing it a couple times they may get shredded or something? It will be clearer to me when I have a minute to try it out. Thanks!
If you have some pointy tweezers that will work to. All mine are blunt and can't get them under the edge to get a hold of the little things.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today I'm going new old... In other exciting news, my "lost" USPS package I was shipping to Dicodes in Germany which appeared (from USPS tracking) to have never been scanned in and went poof - has been sitting in customs in Germany!

Muchos gracias to the squirrel master himself, @dre, for digging this info up for me. A man of international talents...

Dicodes was able, after several attempts, to retrieve it from customs. Hope is renewed I will see my sbs again one day!

20210330_132335.jpg

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
oh, you said it was Orione chip :oops:
Got it figured out?
This... https://www.dot-mod.com/products/49?variant=355591923 ...says
"N.B. Use of atomizers of a least 1,7 Ohm and IMR battery is recommended"
Trying to think how long it has been since I built a coil up there...5 years? More prob.... Yes I only did a cursory search but I'd like to find out more about the chip or mosfet or whatever it is... a nice pdf of documentation would do...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Fl is still making the rounds..... And i almost gave the tank that came with the Drag X plus away without trying it. Glad I didn't, I am very pleasantly surprised so far.
View attachment 180114

Those new Voopoo tanks and the coils in the (PNP and TPP) are all really good, imo. I'm using quite a few of them now.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I just popped it in so time will tell, but I am using a TPP and it really is good

If you want to use it as a rebuildable (and can find someplace to buy one) the Voopoo Pod RTA tank RTA section will fit into the TPP base. I'm using one of the RTA rebuildable tanks on my Drag 3, which also uses the TPP coils and has that same base as the Drag X Plus.

VU Sponsors