Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hand check with the new toy! Got the series deck in the Asgard :) Perfect! Was thinking I might get another Valhalla RDA. I don't think they make a series deck for that RDA though. I could be wrong. But this Asgard looks great!

View attachment 192941
I'm not sure if they made a series deck for the Valhalla either, but with the 40mm you don't need one. You can build an apartment complex in there :giggle:

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Old School Purge Skull and Shield
Red Camo Edition
|P|U|R|G|E|M|O|D|S|
eaf06ca2c1cb6c2f557c606f294c1f9b.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey @dubya314 wanted to tell you I finally found a Kayfun that I really like. I haven't even had to chuck it across the room! The KF 4 clone I had took a quick trip to the other side of my living room and I haven't seen it since. This one's a clone, too, but it's solid as a rock.

KF 5 Squared SE, restricted DL, and weighs about 4 pounds - but vapes great, easy to build, everything works, and it hasn't leaked one single drop in going on three days. I put a four-wrap/3mm/parallel 26awg stainless coil in it, ohms at 0.29, vaping at 35 watts now that I got the juice flow adjusted right.

I had a time finding the right mod to put it on because it's so tall, but I think it's going to stay on a medium-blue-and-stainless Drag 3.

No doubt I will have to order another one soon.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey @dubya314 wanted to tell you I finally found a Kayfun that I really like. I haven't even had to chuck it across the room! The KF 4 clone I had took a quick trip to the other side of my living room and I haven't seen it since. This one's a clone, too, but it's solid as a rock.

KF 5 Squared SE, restricted DL, and weighs about 4 pounds - but vapes great, easy to build, everything works, and it hasn't leaked one single drop in going on three days. I put a four-wrap/3mm/parallel 26awg stainless coil in it, ohms at 0.29, vaping at 35 watts now that I got the juice flow adjusted right.

I had a time finding the right mod to put it on because it's so tall, but I think it's going to stay on a medium-blue-and-stainless Drag 3.

That's great to hear! No one should judge Kayfuns by the V4, imo. That was quite possibly the biggest atty fail of all time. I'm no modder, but when your diagram is the size of a football field, ya might have over thought it :facepalm: I like the 5 squared as well, although not my favorite. But restricted dl is how I vape least, so makes sense I guess.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Dang why the kayfun v4 hate lol. I've never had an issue with mine. I like it better than the originals by a long ways.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Dang why the kayfun v4 hate lol. I've never had an issue with mine. I like it better than the originals by a long ways.

You're probably some kind of mechanical GENIUS or something, and just don't want to be all braggy about it. For us regular folks, that thing was a disaster!

I had some sort of Franken-fun RTA that looked like a V4 but it had an RBA in it that looked exactly like the old-style Kanger RBAs (like the ones that fit in the Subtanks and Toptanks). That RTA was amazing, but then I boogered the RBA and never could get it working right again. What did I know? I thought that was what I was ordering when I ordered what was apparently an actual V4 clone, and that thing was possessed by the devil. Juice flow didn't work, got constant dry hits, I must have built that thing 20 times and re-wicked it way more than that, had juice all over me and my immediate surroundings, and it finally pissed me off so bad I just couldn't look at it any more.

I'm glad the "mad" eventually wore off, though, because this 5 Squared is just about the perfect RTA for me. It's tall and heavy, but the way it vapes is spot on, and it looks like a million bucks. I don't know how China could produce it for what I paid for it - I guess if you pay people $30 a week to live on, you can sell stuff really cheap. (I don't know what they get paid, but it has to be some shamefully small amount, because if this thing was manufactured in the US, it would be the price of an authentic Svoemesto tank, or more.) It is beautiful, though.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're probably some kind of mechanical GENIUS or something, and just don't want to be all braggy about it. For us regular folks, that thing was a disaster!

I had some sort of Franken-fun RTA that looked like a V4 but it had an RBA in it that looked exactly like the old-style Kanger RBAs (like the ones that fit in the Subtanks and Toptanks). That RTA was amazing, but then I boogered the RBA and never could get it working right again. What did I know? I thought that was what I was ordering when I ordered what was apparently an actual V4 clone, and that thing was possessed by the devil. Juice flow didn't work, got constant dry hits, I must have built that thing 20 times and re-wicked it way more than that, had juice all over me and my immediate surroundings, and it finally pissed me off so bad I just couldn't look at it any more.

I'm glad the "mad" eventually wore off, though, because this 5 Squared is just about the perfect RTA for me. It's tall and heavy, but the way it vapes is spot on, and it looks like a million bucks. I don't know how China could produce it for what I paid for it - I guess if you pay people $30 a week to live on, you can sell stuff really cheap. (I don't know what they get paid, but it has to be some shamefully small amount, because if this thing was manufactured in the US, it would be the price of an authentic Svoemesto tank, or more.) It is beautiful, though.
I've got one of those v4 looking tanks with the rba in it. Haven't played with it yet. Can't remember the name of it but it was different lol.
When I got my first v4 the first thing I did was chunk the spring in the base. It melted on the first hit. I had horror stories from others on that tank. I guess I got lucky with mine. Other than the spring never had any issues with it.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Yup. I broke down 😁
You break down a lot. don't ya ;):teehee: Must be nice. I all but broke down on a Rebel mod, but the emails stopped when I started asking the tough questions. Like, the depth for the atomizer, how the warranty works, added shipping ins cost to cover it, and the like ....At first hey were fast and easy to get in the 6 long email chain..I guess it got too hard for them.

Beside that, Vapin Art sold them and answered the phone. He said he has 2 personal ones left and uses them. Rebel says opening is 26mm dia for 25mm atty and VA says his GT4 won't fit. Rebel knew the whole time I was considering it for [mainly] that RTA...So I guess its Boxer or nothing and I'm not in love w/it.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You break down a lot. don't ya ;):teehee: Must be nice. I all but broke down on a Rebel mod, but the emails stopped when I started asking the tough questions. Like, the depth for the atomizer, how the warranty works, added shipping ins cost to cover it, and the like ....At first hey were fast and easy to get in the 6 long email chain..I guess it got too hard for them.

Beside that, Vapin Art sold them and answered the phone. He said he has 2 personal ones left and uses them. Rebel says opening is 26mm dia for 25mm atty and VA says his GT4 won't fit. Rebel knew the whole time I was considering it for [mainly] that RTA...So I guess its Boxer or nothing and I'm not in love w/it.
Yes, I sure do. No other way to answer than that :facepalm:

Thanks for the Rebel info. Wouldn't make it a deal breaker for me, but good to hear you did your research and found out it isn't for you. Just from pics alone, I am not as big of a fan of the boxer either. Idk why really, just not.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I sure do. No other way to answer than that :facepalm:

Thanks for the Rebel info. Wouldn't make it a deal breaker for me, but good to hear you did your research and found out it isn't for you. Just from pics alone, I am not as big of a fan of the boxer either. Idk why really, just not.
I'd still like to have the Rebel for other attys. It's pretty sweet lookin. Risky tho. If it gets confiscated could be sol. Rebel is acting like once they ship they're done w/you. Could be wrong but that's my take atm.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Found it lol
efc8d2d077be177de01cbec8ccb03cfd.jpg
797c956c55eeea0d50d641543ddeea8b.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is a buttload for sure lol.

I've never had a V4, but by all accounts they vape awesome. Even today. The thing is, Svoemesto managed to get pretty much the same physics in the latest round of "Lite" tanks that are much easier to deal with. That said, they WILL flood if you don't the wicking right.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup. I broke down 😁
That finish is for real. I over tightened the deck on mine once and had to use pliers to get it off. I gasped when it slipped in the jaws, but unless you really look and get the light just right, steel pliers didn't even phase it. I'm sure I could polish out the practically undetectable scratches if I tried.

I was quite impressed. Definitely a quality DLC finish. Tough as nails. Or tough as pliers anyway :D

VU Sponsors