The Official #HandCheck Thread

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good to hear. Kiddo's are sick :( Youngest tested negative for covid Monday, have to take oldest tomorrow, but just a cold I think from her sis, so should be all good. Other than that just fine, thanks!
Well, I will keep good thoughts going for them. Glad to hear everything else is well

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good to hear. Kiddo's are sick :( Youngest tested negative for covid Monday, have to take oldest tomorrow, but just a cold I think from her sis, so should be all good. Other than that just fine, thanks!

Sure hope your kids and you will be ok. Wish there was a vaccine for kids......hopefully it will be along soon.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
85b721e0e5ee3f8867a87d13bc3539f7.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away
Mind if I ask what mod that is?

I really like that door, looks fantastic.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sure hope your kids and you will be ok. Wish there was a vaccine for kids......hopefully it will be along soon.
Thank you. Amazing to see their reaction vs. Older people. Resilient lil buggers, so I am sure they will be fine :)

It's an Armageddon V2 Squonk

All things considered, my personal fav squonk.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's an Armageddon V2 Squonk

I was thinking that was it looking at the frame, but the squonk hole shape kind of threw me off. I never used the original doors on mine, just the stabwood doors which have a very squared off squonk hole.

Very nice set up, the armageddon and the B2K are both fantastic pieces of gear.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I put together one of these SMRT coils last night. Never vaped anything this low in ohms before. Have done a couple of 0.5 ohm coils in the past but that's it. Typically around .7 and up. Anyway these are great. Will have to stock up on kits to rebuild this.
2d94d1d8e0beb0b2391162ef9d01b05a.jpg
fc5ee67931132375a0a6b991048d9ee5.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

wesyde1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I put together one of these SMRT coils last night. Never vaped anything this low in ohms before. Have done a couple of 0.5 ohm coils in the past but that's it. Typically around .7 and up. Anyway these are great. Will have to stock up on kits to rebuild this.
2d94d1d8e0beb0b2391162ef9d01b05a.jpg
fc5ee67931132375a0a6b991048d9ee5.jpg

If you dont mind the wait, sourcemore.com had the 10pks for like $4 iirc. I havent used them in my Abyss yet but in the boro's and PNP pods they are great and especially for the ease if use n price point!

Wesyde1~

wesyde1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
What I see is $9.95 for a ten pack.

You may need to sign in to see the price or maybe it was a sale that had ended, I saw it a few days ago. And if not there 3fvape usually has the 10pks for about 5-6 a pack same as Fasttech.

Just signed in to my account and they show up in the 24hr shipped section for $3.98.
7e36485a8a6b59b34a03788aca455f4e.jpg

Wesyde1~

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you dont mind the wait, sourcemore.com had the 10pks for like $4 iirc. I havent used them in my Abyss yet but in the boro's and PNP pods they are great and especially for the ease if use n price point!

Wesyde1~
I have read they are pretty easy to build. I need to get some, seeing as I have a few of the pnp pod devices now.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have read they are pretty easy to build. I need to get some, seeing as I have a few of the pnp pod devices now.
They are easy. Took me a little longer because I wasn't pinching the cotton tight enough to fit in the base. After I figured that out it was easy peasy. Probably the easiest rba I've ever done.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ya gotta love that Athena. Another great LITTLE inexpensive mech squonker. I'm pulling my blue one back out with the blue Ghoul on it.

I like my Athena a whole lot more than my Armageddon V2. The Athena is just solid as a rock, basically nothing to break, durable, reliable, not butt ugly. What's not to like?

My Armageddon is one of the ones we jumped on at $20, and I swear I think FVS was clearing out some that had defects in them. That thing is so f'n temperamental I've just put it away. A waste of $20 if you ask me.

Have you tried the original Wismec Luxotic BF? That's another fantastic little squonker (and it really is little) but it's not bulletproof like the Athena. There are protections, so things could go wrong.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like my Athena a whole lot more than my Armageddon V2. The Athena is just solid as a rock, basically nothing to break, durable, reliable, not butt ugly. What's not to like?

My Armageddon is one of the ones we jumped on at $20, and I swear I think FVS was clearing out some that had defects in them. That thing is so f'n temperamental I've just put it away. A waste of $20 if you ask me.

Have you tried the original Wismec Luxotic BF? That's another fantastic little squonker (and it really is little) but it's not bulletproof like the Athena. There are protections, so things could go wrong.

I was gifted a Wismec Luxotic - Thanks again @debinnv ! - It really is a great little squonker goes to 80 watts to if I'm remembering correctly.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I actually had the opposite issue. My Athena needed worked on to be reliable, and this has reminded me that I still need to swap the 510 out on it. Both of my Armageddons have been flawless from the start (both were bought during that sale).

Mind if I ask what is wrong with your Armageddon? Mechs only have a couple of components to them, so an issue should be pretty easy to fix most of the time.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I actually had the opposite issue. My Athena needed worked on to be reliable, and this has reminded me that I still need to swap the 510 out on it. Both of my Armageddons have been flawless from the start (both were bought during that sale).

Mind if I ask what is wrong with your Armageddon? Mechs only have a couple of components to them, so an issue should be pretty easy to fix most of the time.

I don't think the firing bar (the thing that moves to make contact when you press the button) was making good contact. No matter what RDA I use on it, the vape is just wimpy as hell and it feels like work to get any vapor out of it.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think the firing bar (the thing that moves to make contact when you press the button) was making good contact. No matter what RDA I use on it, the vape is just wimpy as hell and it feels like work to get any vapor out of it.
It might have a burr on the positive bar where it makes contact. I have heard some people say they had to sand that half circle area out a little for it to make good connection. If you don't want to take the positive contact out (getting that small piece of plastic holding it in can be a pain sometimes) then unscrewing the 510 contact and removing it (just the part that the positive bar makes contact with, not the whole 510) will give you good access to that half circle area.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It might have a burr on the positive bar where it makes contact. I have heard some people say they had to sand that half circle area out a little for it to make good connection. If you don't want to take the positive contact out (getting that small piece of plastic holding it in can be a pain sometimes) then unscrewing the 510 contact and removing it (just the part that the positive bar makes contact with, not the whole 510) will give you good access to that half circle area.

Ok, I will take a look at that. I was surprised that the vape on it wasn't better, because people all over this forum had raved about their Armas. Maybe something can be done. I'll be really happy if that works out.

VU Sponsors