gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Vape Mail from @Just Frank
These are some of the best coils I've used!
Awesome Coil Builder
3b74e58205ea2a21ee6c5477f561151b.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't been getting much but will post some of my recent stuff. Made a swap with @gadget! and got a bunch of Profile stuff! Surprisingly it's been one of my favorite RDAs recently.
9uWBvTs.jpg

Came with tools and springs and all that good stuff 😁.

I don't have many ultem RDAs so I bought a Money Shot and got an Asgard Mini cap
9A2qNNQ.jpg

Got some flat cotton stuff on Amazon to check out.
WU3ilTl.jpg

mNGQ2Z4.jpg

Random wires:
Mec2AxV.jpg

wlM1Jvj.jpg

Got some stuff from Beard Viking in South Africa.
sP78WDO.jpg

qd9c5wt.jpg

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't been getting much but will post some of my recent stuff. Made a swap with @gadget! and got a bunch of Profile stuff! Surprisingly it's been one of my favorite RDAs recently.
9uWBvTs.jpg

Came with tools and springs and all that good stuff 😁.

I don't have many ultem RDAs so I bought a Money Shot and got an Asgard Mini cap
9A2qNNQ.jpg

Got some flat cotton stuff on Amazon to check out.
WU3ilTl.jpg

mNGQ2Z4.jpg

Random wires:
Mec2AxV.jpg

wlM1Jvj.jpg

Got some stuff from Beard Viking in South Africa.
sP78WDO.jpg

qd9c5wt.jpg
What did the shipping set you back on the Bearded Viking stuff?

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Great VU vapemail. Got my Kurbis BB today from @~Don~ , my half of a BB swap. And a Krma, krma gen, and Koncio Artoo (super stoked about this one) from @inganeer
View attachment 189241
And tons of goodies from both as well, thank you both very much!
View attachment 189242

Nice haul , becareful with the krma gen can spit back bad if the coils to high but it’s a great little banger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Got my first boro tank and bridge today, to put in the Supbox that came a few days ago. I've got it installed now, built with a N80, 2.4mm framed staple Clapton, 4 wraps, 0.33 ohms, with 3mm airflow pin, running at 35 watts. Needs breaking in, gets a little too hot and seems like it might burn at 37.5 watts. I was bumping it up to get a little more flavor out of it, but breaking in might take care of that.

The verdict is still out. I hope to god I don't have to change coils and/or rewick this thing very often, because it was a bit of a PITA to put together.

Airflow is perfect, though, which tells me that I wouldn't want a bridge with airflow much less than 3mm.

Oh, it's the Molen bridge with Ambition Mods' boro tank.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my first boro tank and bridge today, to put in the Supbox that came a few days ago. I've got it installed now, built with a N80, 2.4mm framed staple Clapton, 4 wraps, 0.33 ohms, with 3mm airflow pin, running at 35 watts. Needs breaking in, gets a little too hot and seems like it might burn at 37.5 watts. I was bumping it up to get a little more flavor out of it, but breaking in might take care of that.

The verdict is still out. I hope to god I don't have to change coils and/or rewick this thing very often, because it was a bit of a PITA to put together.

Airflow is perfect, though, which tells me that I wouldn't want a bridge with airflow much less than 3mm.

I've been curious how the Molen was going to be.I got it and the boro last week,but haven't built It yet.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Vapesnail, turn upside down and pop the bottom off. Juice stays in the tank kept upside down. Rewick or new cotton. Put back together, top it off and done. The cithulhu 520 has more air flow but I've had trouble with the whole atty coming out when I take the bottom off. Need to try a slightly fatter o-ring in the top to see if it will stay better. It's very comparable to the snail though.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are so many boro rba's now it isn't funny. Wouldn't mind trying the orbit. Have heard lots of praise for the q-bix. It's a crap shoot on the rest.

I've got the Orbit clone,and it is really good,ill probably get another one.I just got a Qbix in a few days ago,haven't built it yet,but I have seen a lot of people say good things about it.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can make Aliens and Frailens, dual to 8 core plus ribbon; only coils I make longer than 9” is single core Claptons.

I’m “legally blind” needing 275/300 readers, I see fine anything greater than 14” from my face… anyhoo

I lay my drill on it’s side, rather than on it’s battery and use Quick Clamps to hold the drill in place and one that holds my swivels… this allows me to tension the cores correctly… never was able to do it by holding the drill, hoping I kept proper tension.

Anyway, 9” is more than enough to make a set of coil that I normally rock… 7” actually is… but I make them in 9” cut them in half and if I want to jump the ohms up a tad milder than .09 I add a wrap.

There are times I can sit down and crank out 5 sets fairly quick, no jittery hands, eyes want to cooperate and viola done… then there are days nothing goes right and a 9” run I barely have one useful coil… it’s generally when I’ve been over caffeinated

Then there are the times I forget to oil the swivels, or gone months without swapping in new swivels.

I also have a Spin LT… it’s trash, even with ceramic bearings, trash.

I can do the stretch method, but lately I do no stretch Aliens… took a little getting used to holding and leading while pinch holding the wrap wire… but I do have to say once I learned it… no more snagging of outstretched wrap wire

And yes, I probably went through a few thousand feet of 36/37g wire perfecting Aliens, cause I refused to believe my swivels didn’t suck

But these days it simple life.. 26-28g plain single wire coils and Boros

Mechs all have coils in them, cleaned.

Last set of coils I made was for @dubya314 when we made a trade, I sent a set of Aliens for a series Asmini Deck

Jesus mother wall of text… my bad haha

I may have to try that. Laying the drill down, making some sort of brace to keep it in place. Don't really have the desk space for that at the moment. I put it up on the battery because I'm using the 8" or so in front of my monitor and at that I'm on the edge of the desk above the keyboard tray. Hopefully the bearing setup doesn't suck, not sure it can be worse than what I've got. They weren't the cheapest swivels but not the fanciest tsunami's or whatever either. I can feel them spin/jump/spin/jump like a brief tangle/binding then popping free no matter if I use 1, 2, 3 in series. Have also lubed them with 3 in 1 oil, seems to make no difference. Planning to use 2 of the skate bearings, at least by hand the clevis pin seems to rotate smooth. I think for that alone it'll be a big plus.

I'm not good enough to stretch decore on the fly and while I agree pre stretched sucks for getting snagged on shit. My biggest issue the last time was the inconsistency of the stretch. Which is odd. It wasn't snagged, it was a straight free line to the anchor point and slow steady pulling. Which usually results in more uniform stretch pulling the other end out. For whatever reason not last time. I had areas decently stretched, others barely stretched and still some over stretched. Worse than when I tried pulling out a few feet at a time in segments stopping and starting as I wrapped. Weird.

The reason I try doing longer runs than needed for a set of coils is in case I screw up. If I do like an 8-9" run, enough for 2 coils and it dicks up on me then the whole attempt is pretty much fucked. Unless I can get one coil out of it. On longer 16-18" runs if it messes up I still have room to get it back under control and hopefully get a usable run on the same setup. But maybe that's my problem, maybe I'm trying runs that are too long introducing more deflection and room for twist in my cores. Maybe if I cut it down to more manageable 8-9" runs it would give me better results. I'll have to try it.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't grab a pic of it, all the holiday bustle and all. Got the replacement nic from delosi though, right stuff this time. Also a couple pair of p42a's for the gaur21 I got for Christmas. Go figure, the nuttiness that is USPS. 1L of nic shows up, no signature. Second 1L of nic shows up, no signature. Certified letter shows up, no signature. 2 pair of lithium batteries from liion I think it was? Required signature and id. Well done. lol.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I may have to try that. Laying the drill down, making some sort of brace to keep it in place. Don't really have the desk space for that at the moment. I put it up on the battery because I'm using the 8" or so in front of my monitor and at that I'm on the edge of the desk above the keyboard tray. Hopefully the bearing setup doesn't suck, not sure it can be worse than what I've got. They weren't the cheapest swivels but not the fanciest tsunami's or whatever either. I can feel them spin/jump/spin/jump like a brief tangle/binding then popping free no matter if I use 1, 2, 3 in series. Have also lubed them with 3 in 1 oil, seems to make no difference. Planning to use 2 of the skate bearings, at least by hand the clevis pin seems to rotate smooth. I think for that alone it'll be a big plus.

I'm not good enough to stretch decore on the fly and while I agree pre stretched sucks for getting snagged on shit. My biggest issue the last time was the inconsistency of the stretch. Which is odd. It wasn't snagged, it was a straight free line to the anchor point and slow steady pulling. Which usually results in more uniform stretch pulling the other end out. For whatever reason not last time. I had areas decently stretched, others barely stretched and still some over stretched. Worse than when I tried pulling out a few feet at a time in segments stopping and starting as I wrapped. Weird.

The reason I try doing longer runs than needed for a set of coils is in case I screw up. If I do like an 8-9" run, enough for 2 coils and it dicks up on me then the whole attempt is pretty much fucked. Unless I can get one coil out of it. On longer 16-18" runs if it messes up I still have room to get it back under control and hopefully get a usable run on the same setup. But maybe that's my problem, maybe I'm trying runs that are too long introducing more deflection and room for twist in my cores. Maybe if I cut it down to more manageable 8-9" runs it would give me better results. I'll have to try it.

If I didn’t learn to do no stretch, I’d still be doing stretch, the 9” of core is to eliminate the long outstretched wrap, or at least it was for me.

As for inconsistencies in stretch, it’s sometimes the wire.

There were batches of KP wire that didn’t have a consistent gauge throughout the spool, you were only able to tell when you would Clapton and see the variance in color… which is light refraction against differences of diameter… this makes is exceptionally difficult when you go to stretch, for the wire was thinner at parts and would fold when you went to alien the cores.

Also the tension you place when claptoning changes the spacing ever so slightly which also affects the stretch…

Yeah I know, so many variables

Why I invested the time to learn no stretch… the control is ultimately better, you just lead the wrap a tad more… and honestly you can do a lil pre stretch also…. Just not to the point where you would on normal stretch… instead of having nearly 6 feet of wrap stretched, you take the 14” and make it 24”

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I didn’t learn to do no stretch, I’d still be doing stretch, the 9” of core is to eliminate the long outstretched wrap, or at least it was for me.

As for inconsistencies in stretch, it’s sometimes the wire.

There were batches of KP wire that didn’t have a consistent gauge throughout the spool, you were only able to tell when you would Clapton and see the variance in color… which is light refraction against differences of diameter… this makes is exceptionally difficult when you go to stretch, for the wire was thinner at parts and would fold when you went to alien the cores.

Also the tension you place when claptoning changes the spacing ever so slightly which also affects the stretch…

Yeah I know, so many variables

Why I invested the time to learn no stretch… the control is ultimately better, you just lead the wrap a tad more… and honestly you can do a lil pre stretch also…. Just not to the point where you would on normal stretch… instead of having nearly 6 feet of wrap stretched, you take the 14” and make it 24”

When it came to the decore when it started switching from smooth even wraps to bungling up I stopped. Looked at the prestretched decore I had in my hand feeding it with the magnifier lit up. The inconsistency was what I actually saw in the decore I'd stretched, wasn't the tension I had on the cores. There were distinguishable differences from the decore pulled so much it barely had any wave left to waves that were maybe 20-30* angled to one another instead of closer to a 90* zigzag stretch. So instead of complimentary 45 degree angles reversing back and forth along the decore it was much much tighter. But only in some spots. As if I'd grabbed 2 feet of decore at a time and stretched those 2ft sections willy nilly, some more than others. In spite of being a steady continuous pull with no snags.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Done with spending this year. But I'm sure I will have more next year. Picked up some more BB panels.
167d52a43de7609c0f7818b357b4ff8d.jpg

I've been looking to get one more set,but damn,matte black round button panels seem to be impossible to find haha.Ive got a couple sets from MCcool and Susco that are the exact material I want,but both are Mission panels,can't find the round button ones anywhere.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why stop now, one more day of spending can't hurt too bad
Yeah I know but the wife seen my CC statement which I just paid off and it's up to $260 lol. Ordered another cithulhu, a black baldface bb that supposed to have a bad board. Got spares if needed but got fingers crossed its a bad fire button or screen.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I know but the wife seen my CC statement which I just paid off and it's up to $260 lol. Ordered another cithulhu, a black baldface bb that supposed to have a bad board. Got spares if needed but got fingers crossed its a bad fire button or screen.

Done spending for the year…

Year ends in 14 hours (CA) 12 hours for you, and if you order from China, you’re ordering from the future

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I snagged these on reddit.

I think that's about the only place I haven't looked haha,I never even thought to look there,so maybe I'll get lucky.
I've tried several groups on FB,which is how I got the 2 mission sets,posted a wtb and had both sets in under 20 minutes,posted looking for the round button and it's been crickets for over a month haha.

Last edited:

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think that's about the only place I haven't looked haha,I never even thought to look there,so maybe I'll get lucky.
I've tried several groups on FB,which is how I got the 2 mission sets,posted a web and had both sets in under 20 minutes,posted looking for the round button and it's been crickets for over a month haha.
I know what you mean! Everybody that makes them is making the mission ones. BLFGRA makes rounds but is in Indonesia so you have a wait till they arrive. Bought 2 sets from him so far and really like them. Took about 8 days to get to me which really isn't all that bad.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know what you mean! Everybody that makes them is making the mission ones. BLFGRA makes rounds but is in Indonesia so you have a wait till they arrive. Bought 2 sets from him so far and really like them. Took about 8 days to get to me which really isn't all that bad.

Cool,Thanks.Ive been in that group a while,but never really paid much attention.Do you have to wait for drops or can you just order what you want?

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shoot him a pm, usually has them made up already. Clears were $55 shipped and custom made were in the $80 range

Yeah,right after I posted that,I went to the page and messaged him.Ive been really wanting plain matte black,but after looking through the group,I think I want some of those frosted black diamond cut ones,I seen a few mods with those,and they look very cool.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah,right after I posted that,I went to the page and messaged him.Ive been really wanting plain matte black,but after looking through the group,I think I want some of those frosted black diamond cut ones,I seen a few mods with those,and they look very cool.
@inganeer also told me about him. After a PM and brief discussion about what I wanted, he custom made them in two days and they arrived to me in Canada through DHL 8 days after being shipped. Quality and fit is perfect, I'd recommend his panels to anyone.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Last vapemail of the year on the last day of the year! My 20700 batteries were getting long in the tooth so I ordered some new ones Monday thinking they would get here next week. Thanks to Liion Wholesale and strangely enough USPS for the fast trip across the country.

20211231_155331.jpg

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@inganeer also told me about him. After a PM and brief discussion about what I wanted, he custom made them in two days and they arrived to me in Canada through DHL 8 days after being shipped. Quality and fit is perfect, I'd recommend his panels to anyone.
Yeah,he seems like a very nice guy.I messaged back and forth with him last night.At first he asked me to check back later,as he already had 20 orders to work on,so I agreed,then he messaged back and said he can have them done in 3 days,so ill have a set coming soon.I originally asked about the diamond cut pattern panels,but ended up going with smooth smoked panels,which is probably why he decided to go ahead and take the order since they aren't as involved to make.

VU Sponsors