DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LS was an amazing experience for sure. All these years later and I still have dreams about it, and it most certainly is the only reason I am alive today. It taught me how to be safe driving fast.

Break almost over... Neeeeeeeed my F1 fix...... twitch... twitch...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Belgium - Spa racing on Sunday. Actually drove my BMW 325 on a part of the track. My uncle was organizing the parking for the races. Therefore he had the keys for the gates closing parts of the track off to the public. He opened one of the gates for me to take a spin. It was more fun than driving on the Autobahn.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That must have been a blast! Spa is an amazing circuit.

Way to go HAM on another P1, now win the race!

Kimi staying at Ferrari next year!

Interesting new rear wing on the Mercs.

Last edited:

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Way to go HAM! Bad luck for VET, lotus is happy because of it though.

kegerino

Member For 4 Years
Belgium - Spa racing on Sunday. Actually drove my BMW 325 on a part of the track. My uncle was organizing the parking for the races. Therefore he had the keys for the gates closing parts of the track off to the public. He opened one of the gates for me to take a spin. It was more fun than driving on the Autobahn.

That's pretty cool right there! Nice memory.

Spa was a nice race. Glad to see HAM win. Now all we are going to hear about is tires blowing up, though. I mean they shouldn't, but sometimes they do IRL too.

Just watched some of the Indy Car race at Pocono. I found it hard to watch, but I still did. Kind of like a train wreck. Can't keep your eyes from it. Hope Justin Wilson is ok.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sad, RIP. To not even be part of the crash too. Just rogue debris...

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Monza! Putting my HAM fanboy hat on the shelf, I'd like to see a red car win this one just for nostalgias sake.

kegerino

Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't put it past the mercs to choke and puke. They've done it before. I'm still pulling for HAM, but if a red one wins I'm hoping for Kimi. He's long overdue.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I doubt I'll be able to get up that early. Therefore, I'll watch the replay at 2 pm.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking good Ferrari, split the arrows in qualifying.

With any luck Kimi wins tomorrow. He needs a win for the high end of his new contract.

HAM is fast with that '16 spec engine though, and the defending race champion.

kegerino

Member For 4 Years
I believe this one will be HAM's/merc's to lose. Something like a poor start or a blown engine. Maybe trouble in the pits, who knows. Lots of possibilities.

But that goes for all of them. Forza Kimi!

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HAM flat out dominated! I'm glad the stewards didn't strip his win over tire pressure. VET did well enough to please the Italians. I feel bad for Kimi, dang botched start...

lol @ ROS! I don't like him much, so watching his engine blow up with 2 laps to go made me :D

kegerino

Member For 4 Years
Hamilton definitely had it under control. And some in reserve, as it turned out.

Looks like FIA and Pirelli should have thought about their testing methods a little more before they started an investigation like that. It turned out right though.

So disappointed to see Kimi sitting still at the start.

kegerino

Member For 4 Years
I think I might just stroll down the track in Texas. Didn't really look like that much fun really.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I might just stroll down the track in Texas. Didn't really look like that much fun really.

That guy on the track in Singapore... wow....

VET owned the day, no contest. Sucks for HAM, he was driving well too.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great drive from HAM! No real excitement for any of the points spots, but that battle for 12th was great to watch. A hell of a drive from the youngin Max too.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I saw that one coming. Now who gets their other seat? I would like to see Rossi, an American driver with an American team. Either way it will be exciting to have a US team back in F1.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did anyone one else get screwed out of watching the race yesterday? My recordings said "Formula 1 Racing" and "F1 Extra", but what I had was 4 hours of nascar...

I was pissed...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I didn't even know there was a race. I've been too busy to check.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It was the Russian GP in Sochi. I got to see FP 1 and 2 on Friday, quali on Saturday, then 4 hours of nascar in place of F1 yesterday...

kegerino

Member For 4 Years
Did anyone one else get screwed out of watching the race yesterday? My recordings said "Formula 1 Racing" and "F1 Extra", but what I had was 4 hours of nascar...

I was pissed...

Mine recorded the live broadcast in the morning fine. Kind of a snoozer though. Feel bad for ROS. No chance when you sit in the garage.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What a race! Congrats HAM for the win and the championship.

Great on track action though some of it looked like bumper cars...

kegerino

Member For 4 Years
That race, we'll the whole weekend actually, was pretty crazy. Was anybody from this forum there?

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish I was... A friend of mine was there, proposed and got engaged on top of the tower though!

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great that there F1 in Mexico again! The race it's self was one of the more boring one this season for me, and not just because ROS won... I feel bad for VET though, he had a tough go of it, and Kimi too. Though Kimi has had a rough season. It was nice to see BOT back on the podium, and as much as I like Kimi, the "revenge move" was kind of cool.

kegerino

Member For 4 Years
I liked the BOT/RAI thing too. Makes things interesting even if it wasn't "payback". VET completely fell apart. Odd. He maybe doesn't like RIC so much, I think.

kegerino

Member For 4 Years
Nico is on fire at the end of the season. Too bad it couldn't have gone to the end (the championship I mean).

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Since the 2016 season has begun already, I thought, I revive this thread.

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Nicely Necro'd @Neunerball !

Love F1 ever since my first visit to an F1 event in 1973 at the US Grand Prix at Watkins Glen. What a weekend that was for a High Schooler!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Nicely Necro'd @Neunerball !

Love F1 ever since my first visit to an F1 event in 1973 at the US Grand Prix at Watkins Glen. What a weekend that was for a High Schooler!
I've never been to a life racing event. However, I'd like to go watch a GT race here in Atlanta, GA. My father loved watching the F1 on TV all the time, so we had to watch with him. However, I always enjoyed watching F1.

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Once you've been to any live racing event you will never see them the same way again when you watch them on TV.

For example, watching Top Fuel Dragsters doing over 300 MPH on TV is cool...but standing next to them when they launch off the starting line is a completely different animal!

Do yourself a favor and get to a major event somewhere..anywhere ;) -- even if it's just one time.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Once you've been to any live racing event you will never see them the same way again when you watch them on TV.

For example, watching Top Fuel Dragsters doing over 300 MPH on TV is cool...but standing next to them when they launch off the starting line is a completely different animal!

Do yourself a favor and get to a major event somewhere..anywhere ;) -- even if it's just one time.
I've had that experience with baseball. Originally being from Germany, I wasn't exposed to baseball that much. However, when I immigrated to the US, due to having met my wife, I had more exposure to it. Especially when visiting an old couple across the street. They were watching every Braves game, which lead to me watching as well. One day, the department of the company I was working for, was invited to see a day game life at the Stadium. That was an experience I'll never forget either.

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Out of motorsports I've been to several types and all were way more impressive in person than on TV.

I've seen F1, Indycar, NASCAR (big guys), NASCAR sanctioned dirt track racing, World of Outlaw Sprint cars, NHRA (drag racing), Monster Trucks and Stadium Motorcross.

Out of them all I think the most impressive was the NHRA drag races. Tied for second would be Monster Trucks and World of Outlaws followed by F1 and Indycar

If you've never been to a NHRA event you really should try it one time...
The absolute power of those 10,000 horsepower dragsters burning Nitromethane is simply stunning...With a pit pass you can get right down there and watch them tear down a motor between rounds and rebuild it all in 20 minutes or less--then when they test fire the motor it literally rocks you..you can feel each exhaust pulse in your chest and you better have ear protection! With a pit pass you can also get very close to them on the line when they burnout to heat the tires and then stage and launch the cars. The final rounds are always around dusk/dark so you can see the eight foot flames roaring out of the headers and of course feel the pounding in your whole body when they launch. It's also cool to go down near the finish line and catch them roaring by at full throttle @320 miles per hour. Just incredible.

Sorry for the OT post but just wanted to pass along some love for all things motorsport.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
October 23rd 2016 Circuit of Americas in Austin Texas. F1 race accessible to all. Might want to stay in San Antonio though, since the Hotel prices are jacked up for race weekend.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
October 23rd 2016 Circuit of Americas in Austin Texas. F1 race accessible to all. Might want to stay in San Antonio though, since the Hotel prices are jacked up for race weekend.
That's a nice track they build there.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
This weekend Spanish Grand Prix, Sun, May, 15 8:00a ET (NBCS)

VU Sponsors