Become a Patron!

The Pledge of Allegiance is being canceled by a school board in North Dakota who claim it's not inclusive.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know how you feel about this but in my eyes it should NOT happen

The Pledge of Allegiance is being canceled by a school board in North Dakota who claim it's not inclusive. Tell Randi Weingarten and the National School Boards Association to keep the Pledge!
SIGN: Don't cancel the Pledge of Allegiance in our schools

Dear Jim,

The latest attack on American values by school boards is underway. The Pledge of Allegiance is now in the crosshairs, so we need you to speak up today.

Amazingly, a school board in North Dakota has decided that the Pledge of Allegiance violates their diversity code - because it mentions "under God" - and it has now been canceled at their meetings.

This is the latest front in the war on American values, and it will soon be waged by other boards and in other schools, if we do not start pushing back TODAY.

SIGN: American children must be allowed to recite the Pledge of Allegiance

We were raised reciting this patriotic Pledge, but now our children might be denied the right to follow in our footsteps.

It's clear that many school boards are pushing all sorts of radical agendas onto students, not least the idea that girls should share bathrooms with confused males, but canceling the Pledge is a new step in an anti-American crusade.

The time to resist is now.

SIGN: Our allegiance is to America, not to political correctness

Please send this powerful message to the National School Boards Association and President of the American Federation of Teachers Randi Weingarten (pictured), telling them they face one hell of a fight if they try to cancel the Pledge of Allegiance in our schools.

Yours faithfully,

The LifeSiteNews Advocacy Team

P.S. — Don't let anti-American idealogues undermine our nation any more...tell the National School Boards Association to keep the Pledge!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

They can be allowed to recite anything they desire. That does not mean they absolutely need to recite any thing at all. Have had principles in schools ask why I don't recite the pledge yet honor a moment of silence.

"I served once, was willing to kill, or be killed. Done with that now especially after realizing how well my nation cares. Point of fact it doesn't. You want to believe otherwise go ahead. I'll still defend that right for you. Can you do the same for my same right?"

A moment of silence gives a person an opportunity to thank anything they choose for the day. I could even remember my Pap during that time. He was a wonderful Brethren Christian who lived according to Timothy 1 of the Bible. He followed Christ's example and taught by example. I'm still not considering myself Christian any more. I respect my Pap's beliefs, way of life.

He never forced his way on me, never demanded I swear a pledge of allegiance. He fought in WW II so that I could decide. My uncle lives much the same as my Pap. He served through 'Nam. All in my family, myself included likely have over 200+ years of serving. The nation may be just a little older. Doesn't matter, I think 200+ years of service lets me be allowed the right of my own choice.

I'm likely not alone in that.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like that it forces communist heathens to seethe when they have to say it. It's visible.

Know what else is visible? Stupidity.

How is a belief in magical thinking stupid? Well I can respond with a question which elucidates it.

If G*d is on everyone's side in a war, which side is actually right? And yes, when folks go to war G*d suddenly appears even for the Atheists, and G*d is on your side. Your side is righteous, in the right, all powerful now because G*d will see to it you win.

Ultimately though no one wins a war. Everyone loses, expect the powerful seeking profit, or to maintain power. Been this way, the same song, since our time began.

Am I saying I do not believe in magic? No. I will say though evidence of magic has a lot to prove for me. Then, so does evidence of science, medicine. I still do believe there is some magic which we cannot explain, ... yet. I have to have that sense of wonder in order to hope and put faith in love.

I hope mankind one day in its love of itself realizes its divinity and matures into not needing magical thinking, gods, goddesses and walks the path of balance. Until then, I figure, ... "the song remains the same".

ETA: In America we're so keen to cry we believe in justice. I can guarantee we'll never have justice following the "us" versus "them" mentality. You want true justice you need to realize it is just us.

I don't need to swear fidelity to any nation, state to believe as I do. In fact my belief is all should believe as I do. That is to say we live and let live, we each are free to choose what to believe or not. I would believe that any where on Earth. There is no containing any such belief to one nation, state.

*sighs at false dilemmas or false dichotomies so early of a morning, steps off the box, kicks it far, far away*

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
By all means, lets not do anything that unifies. Let's do anything we can to tear that apart. Because everyone should do what the very few want.

We should ask HIM to do away with free will. That way he can intercept any wars or any time we make mistakes. Then we all go to Heaven. It would defeat the purpose of the test but, that's what we want -
right?(<rhetorical)

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

How is a belief in magical thinking stupid? Well I can respond with a question which elucidates it.

If G*d is on everyone's side in a war, which side is actually right? And yes, when folks go to war G*d suddenly appears even for the Atheists, and G*d is on your side. Your side is righteous, in the right, all powerful now because G*d will see to it you win.

Ultimately though no one wins a war. Everyone loses, expect the powerful seeking profit, or to maintain power. Been this way, the same song, since our time began.

Am I saying I do not believe in magic? No. I will say though evidence of magic has a lot to prove for me. Then, so does evidence of science, medicine. I still do believe there is some magic which we cannot explain, ... yet. I have to have that sense of wonder in order to hope and put faith in love.

I hope mankind one day in its love of itself realizes its divinity and matures into not needing magical thinking, gods, goddesses and walks the path of balance. Until then, I figure, ... "the song remains the same".

ETA: In America we're so keen to cry we believe in justice. I can guarantee we'll never have justice following the "us" versus "them" mentality. You want true justice you need to realize it is just us.

I don't need to swear fidelity to any nation, state to believe as I do. In fact my belief is all should believe as I do. That is to say we live and let live, we each are free to choose what to believe or not. I would believe that any where on Earth. There is no containing any such belief to one nation, state.

*sighs at false dilemmas or false dichotomies so early of a morning, steps off the box, kicks it far, far away*
Soo many words here. Are you so absolutely triggered by the thought of God that you feel the need to attack the Pledge of Allegiance to your nation?

Sad stuff.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Soo many words here. Are you so absolutely triggered by the thought of God that you feel the need to attack the Pledge of Allegiance to your nation?

Sad stuff.

You may as well have dropped the gauntlet at my feet. You perhaps should take a moment to reread what I am actually saying.

Now, you need to understand that if I were to have been allowed to do so, my life would have been forfeit for a forty-year contract with Uncle Sam. What I chose was to defend the right of everyone to believe as they chose. How dare you impute my name, suggesting I'm "attacking" the nation of America.

What I feel, believe, is we're all free to believe what we choose. That is what our shared nation was founded upon. Many are shoving down the throats of others the false idea that America was founded a Protestant Christian nation. Such was not nor never shall be the case. In fact the complete opposite is the truth, America was founded to grant religious freedom.

"Triggered", no not by any means, at least not at the belief in Christianity. Grew up with a Christian background. My Mennonite pastor told me to keep asking questions, seeking. If I want to know G*d, it is going to be fully knowing Him. There's still far too many unanswered questions for me to buy Christianity, Judaism, Islam, ... to know any god or deity.

I am simply telling anyone that I'm Agnostic. Please don't shove your beliefs on me. I don't shove my belief that we could never know any deity on anyone. What I do is simply state the fact that I'm content to say, "I don't know and don't think we're meant to know."

That's not "attacking" this nation or any nation, merely saying I'm exercising my right of freedom of religion. I would have died protecting your same right to religion, to anyone's same right as that. Still would even if my government decided I wasn't fit to serve in such manner physically. Why do I need to pledge to any nation to do that? Truth is, I do not.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You may as well have dropped the gauntlet at my feet. You perhaps should take a moment to reread what I am actually saying.
These are your words...

Soo in one post you have attacked all Christians as "stupid" and accused them of "magical" thinking.

This is filthy bigotry. One's faith in God is not fodder for your ignorance to grow.
This is supposed to be a hate-free place, yet here you are... filled with it.

What other groups do you hate besides Christians?
Who else is a "stupid magical thinker"?

I'm done now. I do not like bigots, whether religious or racial makes no difference.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Soo in one post you have attacked all Christians as "stupid" and accused them of "magical" thinking.

This is filthy bigotry. One's faith in God is not fodder for your ignorance to grow.
This is supposed to be a hate-free place, yet here you are... filled with it.

What other groups do you hate besides Christians?
Who else is a "stupid magical thinker"?

I'm done now. I do not like bigots, whether religious or racial makes no difference.

Yes, exactly, ignorance of any god or deity is what I am expressing. I'm secure enough to admit that I do not know of any deity. I'm not deliberately trying to make "fodder" of anyone's beliefs, thoughts, identities. Sometimes we can all express opinions incorrectly, and/or be read as something not said. Words, for all their power, often simply get in the way.

Yes. I'm aware of what I said, yes I said it. That was not what I meant by it, I cannot fathom any other way to phrase it, though. Please understand there was no intent of malice, hate.

I apologize, you see that as bigotry. Thought my example made it clear that I too strongly dislike bigots. You cannot deny any war fought out to deign of religion, any religion. Not accusing only Christians, Hindu, Janists, Jews, Taoists, Satanists, Zorastitarian, all religions have at one time or another been used as weapons of war.

My world view is that of nature, and humanity is part of nature. Are there wars in nature? Yes, indeed, there are wars in nature. It's called evolution. Species die off of their inability to adapt. Part of that inability is also fostered in magical thinking. It is a belief that everything is fine, there's a divine plan and some entity keeping you safe, guiding life.

Look at the state of the world currently. Tell me where any god is? Show me any deity able to, or willingly, make the world better for all. I have strong doubt you can. All that creates is from us, using what we call imagination.

Look at what imagination got us. We can now perform open-heart surgery over 3,000 miles away successfully, we can send highly advanced telescopes to the very edges and beyond our universe, we can speak a whisper and be heard as loud as a thunderclap all over the world.

Look what else it has brought us. We can blow half a world away by pushing three buttons, we can starve out two thirds of the world if so desired, we can create literal Hell on Earth.

We imagine it, it will be. That comes to us from nature. We are designed and formed to create, to overcome, to adapt. Yes, imagination is magical thinking as well, I do not deny that. What I see though is some using it to spawn false security, and war, fear.

You might be done. I would hope you read this, however. I did not intend to be seen as a bigot. Perhaps I'm reflecting what I'm shown. People say idealism, egalitarianism are stupid too. I don't think they are and, further think, believe we can aspire to them ... with or without any deities. That's what I see as stupid, making a choice to hate, to destroy over the more courageous, listening, creating.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors