Become a Patron!

The Sigelei 150W Box Mod

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Sigelei 150W Box Mod

This is a review of the Sigelei 150W Box Mod from Heaven Gifts, which I was sent from a Contest Win.
Four-Day Shipping from China!!! Fantastic!!!

http://www.heavengifts.com/
http://www.heavengifts.com/http://www.heavengifts.com/150W-Sigelei-18650-VV-VW-MOD.html

Parameters:

• Dimension: 103 x 58 x 23mm
• Material: Aluminum Alloy
• Colors: Black, Blue, Red, & Silver
• Lowest Atomizer Resistance: 0.1Ω to 3.0Ω . . . edited in after calling Sigelei USA
• Wattage Range: 10w - 150w
• Max Output Amps: Up to Battery Limits . . . . . . edited in after calling Sigelei USA
. . (Up to 40A on the SX 330 Chip)
• Max Output Voltage: 7.5V. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . edited in after testing
• Battery Capacity Required: 7.4V - 8.2V

The Sigelei 150W comes with:

• 1x 150W Sigelei
• 1x User Manual
• 1x Silicone Rubber Cover

Features:

• Visual Operating System
• Variable Wattage
• Low Voltage Protection
• High Voltage Warning
• Reverse Polarity Protection
• Low Resistance Protection
• Short Circuit Protection
• High Temperature of Chip Warning

Sigelei%20150W%201.jpg

Sigelei%20150W%202.jpg

Sigelei%20150W%203.jpg

Sigelei%20150W%204.jpg

Some pages from the Manual

Sigelei%20150W%205.jpg

Sigelei%20150W%206.jpg

Sigelei%20150W%207.jpg

Sigelei%20150W%208.jpg

Sigelei%20150W%209.jpg

Sigelei%20150W%2010.jpg

The Sigelei 150W has a 7.5 Volt Max Output, but I could not find a specification for the Max Amps Output. The lowest atomizer resistance is 0.1Ω, but the highest resistance is not specified.
(Max Amps Output & Max Ohms were edited in above after calling Sigelei USA)

I used two atomizers in testing the Sigelei 150W; a Yocan Favotank with a 0.5Ω OCC Head and an EHPro 26650 Tobh RDA (because of its size for building and its airflow). The Sigelei 150W worked flawlessly with the Favotank, but I did not thin the USP VG that I used enough, so I could not test the Favotank above 50 Watts. The juice I used was probably more than 90% VG where my usual ADV is 85% VG; 100% VG thinned with 15% TFA Cinnamon Red Hot in Ethyl Alcohol, so it is PG-Free. The Favotank and 0.5Ω OCC Head has worked perfectly with my ADV juice at up to 50W before.

In an attempt to test the Sigelei 150W to its full potential, I calculated that (7.5V)² / 150W = 0.375Ω, for the highest resistance that would allow 150 Watts, and that this would draw 20 Amps at 150W. I built a Quad Coil in the EHPro 26650 Tobh using Vapowire 26g Kanthal. I made four 1.5Ω coils so that in Parallel they would make a 0.375Ω setup. I used Blue Box Organic Japanese Cotton and mixed some USP VG, some Distilled Water (to thin it), and about 5% of my ADV 6.5mg Cinnamon Red Hots (for a little flavor) in a 15ml dropper bottle. The mix is about 85% USP VG, with DW and 3 glass eyedroppers of 6.5mg CRH in it. I made this coil setup and juice mix to be able to handle vaping at up to 150W.

I began testing the Tobh RDA at 30W. I did not anticipate much at 30W with only 7.5W per coil, and there wasn’t, so I moved up to 50W. At 12.5W per 1.5Ω coil, the vapor was great and flavor were very nice (for so little in there). I adjusted up to 60W, then 80W, taking 4-second puffs without issue, and the Sigelei 150W worked flawlessly. When I moved up to 100W, I dripped more juice to fill the RDA and proceeded. I was pleasantly surprised, but when you think about it, this is only 25W per 1.5Ω coil, so none of the vapor is hot... there’s just a whole lot of it!!!

When I moved up to 100W and then 120W, I started dripping before each new Wattage adjustment, just in case. 120W was quite nice, too, but the RDA was getting pretty warm, and so was the Sigelei 150W. However, I was not really concerned because the Box Mod has many built-in safety features, including High Temperature protection for the circuit board and chip. Some of the heat could have been from my two IMREN 2600mAh, 38A, 18650s, too. They were brand new for this test, and fully charged, but they are not 38A Continuous 18650 batteries, as there is no such thing in an IMR. However, this coil setup should only be drawing 20A at 150W, and these batteries are certainly 20A Continuous, so I continued with my testing.

I moved up to 135W and was pleasantly surprised again with 33.75W per coil. Great flavor and no real heat to the vapor with this coil setup. It did not burn my mouth or throat, and I only got a dry hit when I didn’t wait long enough for the wicks to saturate the coils again after a vape, or I forgot to drip. I moved to 140W and then 145W (36.25W per coil) with the same amazing results. :D

When I went to set the Sigelei 150W to its 150 Watt Max, I noticed that it was saying 7.5V, so I adjusted the Wattage down and found that my coil setup was maxing out the Voltage to 7.5V at 145W. I set it to 150W anyway, but there wasn’t any difference that I could tell. However, with the Quad Coil I made, I could take 4-second puffs all the way up to 145W, because that is only 36.25W per coil, and the 26g Vapowire runs pretty cool. The extra spacing between coils, care in positioning the coils for great air coverage, and positioning the wicking for good airflow around every coil made a huge different in the vape. This is covered in my Video Review.

I built the coils on another Mod because the Sigelei 150W was in the presentation box, still in the plastic wrap, and I wanted to open that on video. I wrapped each coil on a 3/32" drill bit to 1.50Ω as precisely as I could, and that Mod showed them all at 1.50Ω to 1.51Ω (I spent a lot of time on that!). The Quad Coil reading on that Mod was 0.36Ω, but the Ohms reading between Mods can vary. The Sigelei 150W reads it at 0.3Ω, but it does not display hundredths or thousandths of Ohms, so I don’t know exactly where it was on the Sigelei. I wish now that I had built a 0.30Ω Quad Coil, or even a 0.28Ω. Then I could have reached 150W and I would not have Maxed out at 7.5 Volts.

Evan of Heaven Gifts was very responsive and helpful. We PM’d a few times over the win, before and after shipment (not that there was ever a problem!!!). The Sigelei 150W was delivered to me in 4 days from China! :w00t: I was amazed! If you haven’t watched my Video Review yet, please do, as high compliments are paid to Heaven Gifts and Evan. His service was outstanding, the Sigelei 150W was packaged very professionally and shipped immediately, and his PM replies were prompt and always helpful and informative. I can’t say enough about Evan and Heaven Gifts. If they will pay this kind of attention to a Contest Win, just imagine what they will do for their paying customers.
thumb.gif

Hat’s off to Heaven Gifts! .
hats_off.gif
And Thank You again for this fantastic contest win and gift.
toast.gif

VU Sponsors