Become a Patron!

They still don't get it! - Vaccination for nicotine addiction being developed with NIH grant

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Vaccination for nicotine addiction being developed with NIH grant

First off I LIKE the effects of nicotine and wish to continue to experience these effects.
I just don't want to DIE because of it!
When are these people going to figure out that people actually LIKE nicotine?
None of these nanny antz zealots fucks want to admit it!

"Mike Zhang, a professor of biological systems engineering in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences was recently awarded $2.4 million by the National Institutes of Health to develop the vaccine and test it on mice."

So this clown is getting 2.4 MILLION dollars to get mice hooked on nicotine then trying to "cure" them???

"It's just as addictive as much harder drugs such as h*roine or c*caine. When someone smokes, the brain makes more dopamine in response to receiving the nicotine. Over time your body needs more nicotine just to feel normal and that's when addiction occurs. By using this vaccine to block the pleasure response, a person addicted to nicotine will be much more likely to quit smoking or consuming tobacco products."

I don't want nothing fucking with my dopamine.
What's going to happen when a smoker who is also a chronic pain patient takes this shit?
Read the above paragraph and put 'morphine' in place of 'nicotine'.
Will it instantly send them in to debilitating withdrawal?
Will the pain meds just quit working?
The fucking mice ain't going to tell him are they?

Read about the waste of 2 and a half million bucks here:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-10/vt-vfn102014.php

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Isn't this just a form of Chantix in a patch[ A patch that uses nano particles]. Chantix stops blocking nicotine receptors when you stop taking it. Unless this permanently blocks the brains nicotine receptors I would not call it a vaccine. As Far as I know the brain will return to its normal levels of Dopamine after a period of time without nicotine use. But for a while maybe 1-2 months there may be a decrease in dopamine levels in the brain after stopping nicotine.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
10710783_942635795764424_3061032957843177644_n.jpg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First the Gum.

Then the Patch.

Then the Pill.

And now they want to inject us?

NO THANK YOU!

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Isn't this just a form of Chantix in a patch[ A patch that uses nano particles]. Chantix stops blocking nicotine receptors when you stop taking it. Unless this permanently blocks the brains nicotine receptors I would not call it a vaccine. As Far as I know the brain will return to its normal levels of Dopamine after a period of time without nicotine use.
First the Gum.

Then the Patch.

Then the Pill.

And now they want to inject us?

NO THANK YOU!
The Drug will be delivered with a patch or nasal spray via nano particles. As I read the article it takes 5 day to build up in your system with daily doesage. Also unless this new drug is radically different then Chantix you would use it like Chantix[which aslo block the brains nictoine recetors] for 2-3 months until your nicotine craving were reduced and your brain had returned to its normal methods of producing Dopamine

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
They totally miss the fact that a decent percentage of today's smokers still WANT TO USE nicotine.
Pretty much ALL vapers are doing because they LIKE nicotine except for the 0nic cloud chasing never smokers that are ruining it. and the few who don't use nic and are addicted to the hand/mouth thing.
They already 'fixed' most of the ones that were doing it because they were addicted and didn't want or like nicotine in the past decade.
What are the going to do with people like me who will not go quietly?

Are they ever going to admit that it's in the countries be$t intre$t to keep 20% of the (mostly already in poverty) population on taxes, i mean cigarettes?

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes Taxes just may have something to do with it! Moneys Money Right?

VU Sponsors