Become a Patron!

things to avoid..if you don't want to blow yourself up with a mech.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've using mechs for ten years. I'm sure you can vape below .2 with good batteries. But I do not. In the past I used to go much lowet with 21700 but not now. I use a good 21700 battery and vape at .2 ohm and it gives me plenty of kick. I don't need more than 80 watts ...

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
...Which tends to look a tiny little bit like this:

MS-GL-N-Yuk2-20120820101027257520-300x0.jpg

Purge
Okay ..so this thread is for experinced vapers and particularlly you low sub-ohm vapers, but all experinced vapers to share with the new folks the things that will cause dangerous accidents vaping on a mech mod..I just got through answering alot of questions someone has had about vaping on mech mods, and I'm aware of a certain undercurrent that mechs are somehow dangerous..and a current thought is they should just be done away with and we should just let our regulated mods do our thinking for us and let them catch our mistakes and thoughtlessness...I don't agree...we get in our cars everyday and drive around and a mech mod is far safer than a car....so let's discuss things like the diffrence between a short , a hard short or thermal runaway, batteries, or anything else that you can do that will get you into trouble.
Pandora blue +disposable tank+18650 25r( positive up)=šŸ’„a longtime client recently found this out and was lucky to have not been hurt beyond a burn in the hand and a vehicle full of smoke ..question they brought it's re.aibs to me so where do I dispose of this safely we have no battery recycle place here or within 1 1/2 hours from here? Tia Bear Lake Vape....Idaho

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Purge

Pandora blue +disposable tank+18650 25r( positive up)=šŸ’„a longtime client recently found this out and was lucky to have not been hurt beyond a burn in the hand and a vehicle full of smoke ..question they brought it's re.aibs to me so where do I dispose of this safely we have no battery recycle place here or within 1 1/2 hours from here? Tia Bear Lake Vape....Idaho

That's very scary. :oops: Tank on mech mod is usually a bad idea.
I have the same problem. There is nowhere nearby that wants to take them.
The local dump will take them.
They have a special battery department for disposing of batteries of all sizes.
I's a total pain in the ass to take a trip to the local dump (especially when "local" means a 30+ minute drive) for a few batteries so your best bet is to wait until you have additional junk that needs disposing of to make the trip worth it..

VU Sponsors