Become a Patron!

Thinking of giving rayon wicking a try

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm nearly out of KGD, and I'm thinking of buying a small pack of rayon to try in my various RTAs. I've watched a rayon wicking tutorial and I have a good understanding of the proper way to wick with in.

Pros/cons? Things I should be wary of?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Rayon is a good wick, you just use more than other cottons. Keep in mind rayon shrinks when wet. For myself I don't get much difference between the two on a single coil low watt build but find on a high watt dual build rayon does last longer.

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I used to use Cotton Bacon until I tried rayon. Haven't touched cotton since. IMO no off tastes, just pure flavor from first pull, and seems to last way longer than cotton wicks. Plus rayon is sooooooooo much cheaper

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a box on Amazon, 40ft for $10. I also ordered some Japanese cotton, $9 for 100 pads. So yeah a LOT cheaper. Got the cotton as a backup in case I don't like or can't get the hang of the rayon.

My thinking is, this stuff may help solve the wicking issues I have with my Themis Mesh RTA, I have to pack the cotton super tight under the mesh coil but have to thin it out by a lot for the juice channel... from what I've seen in tutorials this is exactly how you should wick with rayon. I don't do any low-wattage builds anymore, I so SS316L in TC 100% of the time, highest resistance build is about .26 ohms. I also have several Digiflavor Genesis style RTAs, organic cotton works well but I'm looking forward to testing with the rayon.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I ordered a box on Amazon, 40ft for $10. I also ordered some Japanese cotton, $9 for 100 pads. So yeah a LOT cheaper. Got the cotton as a backup in case I don't like or can't get the hang of the rayon.

My thinking is, this stuff may help solve the wicking issues I have with my Themis Mesh RTA, I have to pack the cotton super tight under the mesh coil but have to thin it out by a lot for the juice channel... from what I've seen in tutorials this is exactly how you should wick with rayon. I don't do any low-wattage builds anymore, I so SS316L in TC 100% of the time, highest resistance build is about .26 ohms. I also have several Digiflavor Genesis style RTAs, organic cotton works well but I'm looking forward to testing with the rayon.
Rayon takes longer to saturate with juice when dry so don't get in too big a hurry before vaping. Once saturated it keeps up well with even higher vg juices.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up a box of rayon last night and started building with it... WOW. All the dry hit issues I had with my Themis Mesh RTA = gone. Amazing flavor on all the tanks I'd rebuilt with rayon. Great stuff.

I'm nearly out of KGD, and I'm thinking of buying a small pack of rayon to try in my various RTAs. I've watched a rayon wicking tutorial and I have a good understanding of the proper way to wick with in.

Pros/cons? Things I should be wary of?
Rayon shrink easily when it is wet and it is cheap as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've used both cotton & rayon separately. Do not denote any discernible difference. .A disclaimer here, I have congenital anosmia. This can affect & effect one's sense of taste as well. Ergo, I may in fact not perceive difference betwixt cotton & rayon. Bear that in mind in consideration of my views on vaping. Hope the rayon serves your need and desire well.

NB: Edited out of decorum & better thinking.

Last edited:

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been using rayon (Cellucotton box from Amazon) since 2016. 500' box still going strong! Love it!

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been using Cellucotton for many years now. Got mine from Amazon made by Graham Beauty 44130. Bought a new box just last fall. Forty feet lasts years. CHEERS!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have both (cellucotton... from amazon) My first order was "cotton" and my second order was "rayon"
Both are good (and so cheap) Depends on the RTA (or RDA) I am building. Have enough to last forever LOL. I have uses for both.

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started with rayon 6 years ago. Gave cotton a try and found it a disgusting flavor lol! So I s stick with what works and for me that’s rayon.

VU Sponsors