Become a Patron!

This is what a forum members thinks of disabled veterans.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
He asked in another thread if I received any government checks. I told him I'm a disabled vet. This was his response.

I wish he could say that to my face.

I don't know about the rest of you fellow veterans, or even the vast majority of non veterans, but I don't think we are getting anything "free" from the government. I think I earned it. In fact, I'd give every penny back in exchange to have my health back.

How many people think of disabled vets as "takers" getting "free stuff" from the government?
Disabled or not, I'm still a crack shot!

To be fair, some would say "crack pot", in reality both are spot on!

Mr.GCs

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd give back every dime I've received to not have the injury and pain I have on a daily basses. What they give you in compensation when your single, isn't enough to survive in the States. I ended up moving to Lima, Peru and live in one of the poorest area's, just to be able to have some resemblance of a life.
To anyone that thinks were just lazy and are feeding off the system.... go serve a couple of tours in the military before you open your pie hole. Walk a mile in our boots and be thankful we served and protected your ability to disrespect US. US, the ones with the BALLS to do what needed to be done.

Vaping_Orchard

Member For 2 Years
No you are the kind of asshole that holds a door open for someone with a walker or crutches, only to let it go while that person is only halfway through.
Or the type of scumbag motherfucker that bumps into someone with a walking aide and just keeps going. Or walk in front of them and stop.
A type of fucker that will take a call in the middle of someplace and just stop, or you and your gaggle of fucking assholes stop and gather like a clot of doucheness in a main walk way blocking it.
The will only be a minute special cocksucker that blocks a handicap space or the cross hatch area for loading wheel chairs. But your minute is not a minute.
Bet you stood in line spitting on returning vets calling them baby killers or would have if it would have been in your time frame.
But still bet you dollars to doughnuts you go out of your way discriminate against a vet or active service every god damned chance you get.
But nice deflection of basically calling vets that got hurt serving as leeches and welfare goblins, but it very clear you did not have the testicular fortitude, spine or even the heart to serve something bigger than your own self interests.

Please keep your fucking thanks for our service to your own fucking self, hearing that from a disingenuous scumbag piece of shit is about as insulting as your comment or if you just sacked up and spit in our face.

HOOAH!! Couldn't of said that any better!!!

ITCVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I am a disabled Afghan combat Veteran!!! Makes me sick that some humans in our society are so privileged that they think this way. I tend to think it is out of embarrassment and jealousy that they were and are too scared to be part of the one percent.

That guy is messed up fuck that guy, I understand that some vets abuse the system and that is why I think the VA is extremely picky when it comes to disability (im a vet I know I can say that.) When I was in the going was oh claim this claim that get every tax dollar from the government etc etc etc. Granted yes doing all the fucked up hikes and running we did the wear and tear on our bodies does add up. But, that doesnt give them the right to claim something they don't have and thats what I tried preaching to my marines when I was in, save that disability for the people who actually have disabilities not just oh I think my back has more wear on it then if I hadn't joined, because thats everyone who ever joined.

Now, to say something like ALL disabled vets should not get tax dollars is something I would punch that little shit in the face. You ask someone whos actually disabled getting like 30% for his back and he tells you he would much rather trade places if it means having a back where his discs are all where their supposed to be. If he said that to my face I would of spent the night in jail, ungrateful fuck probably never did anything for society.

MichaelPhillips

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He asked in another thread if I received any government checks. I told him I'm a disabled vet. This was his response.

I don't know about the rest of you fellow veterans, or even the vast majority of non veterans, but I don't think we are getting anything "free" from the government. I think I earned it. In fact, I'd give every penny back in exchange to have my health back.

How many people think of disabled vets as "takers" getting "free stuff" from the government?

You are getting nothing free. You earned every dollar of that plus more. Thank you for your service !!
SalutingEmoji.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I think disabled vets are owed a lot more from their country than mere money. My husband's not disabled, but he is a Marine Corps vet, and gets all his health care from the VA -- they cured his Hep C! And because he's a vet, we were able to buy a home and get good financing.

If it wasn't for vets, there wouldn't be a USA!

Andria

Buddha222

Chainvaping through the fog ....
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I didn't get any 'free' money until I couldn't walk anymore, now I'm at 30%. It only took 12 years to get there from the time I was injured.

DOAUSMC0331

Member For 4 Years
For what it's Worth I am a disabled combat veteran. 90%and guess what I work my tail off 80hr work weeks just to make ends meet so I say if there giving stuff to vets and discounts to veterans yea I will take it I think after all the pain, blood, and suffering we all did why not as to this guy.

Hey, I said it, I've got to own it. I wouldn't have been as harsh in retrospect, but thanks for quoting in full, including the part where I said I'm glad you're able to get the funding you need. I still am. I still find hypocrisy in believing "I deserve government benefits but no one else does unless I also happen to think like them." I'll stand by that as well. I'm not going to go into the OP's criticism of another member's disabilities here, or his insistence upon delivering his own expert diagnosis of that member's condition via keyboard.

I also figured my time for being able to derive something useful out of this forum was running out in the runup to the election and increasing polarization here. Hate my opinion if ya want, hate me for being honest, hate me for disagreeing with you, hell, bash away for whatever the fuck reason floats y'alls boat. Time for me to peace the fuck out.

Just read and don't skip over please.
I'm a disabled combat veteran and I just wanted to say thank you for your opinion. The freedom of speech that you enjoy using. That is why I serverd so that way people can have their own opinions and can voice their opinion. I don't agree with your opinion but that's just how it is. I just wanted to say thanks for voicing it. God bless the USA and our troops!
And for the last remark
If you can't stand behind out troops please Stand in front of them!
Semper Fi

Buddha222

Chainvaping through the fog ....
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
That is why I serverd so that way people can have their own opinions and can voice their opinion. I don't agree with your opinion but that's just how it is. I just wanted to say thanks for voicing it. God bless the USA and our troops!
And for the last remark If you can't stand behind out troops please Stand in front of them!
Semper Fi

Ooh fucking Rah, my 03 brother! All American vets took an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. This includes Freedom of Speech, even of those whose opinions we don't necessarily agree with.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a hearing disability incurred in the Air Force. I haven't take a penny from the US gov't.

Like others above, I'm also in a huge believer in freedom of speech. I never try to stop anyone from saying anything, even my kids when they get angry at me or their mother. I have also noticed that the loudest critics of free speech, that I have met, never served. Go figure.

Finally, I've lived in 5 countries other than the US. Not one of them had the same level of free speech as the US. It would be very instructional for those critics of free speech to live in some other country and then they'd understand the true value of it.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For what it's Worth I am a disabled combat veteran. 90%and guess what I work my tail off 80hr work weeks just to make ends meet so I say if there giving stuff to vets and discounts to veterans yea I will take it I think after all the pain, blood, and suffering we all did why not as to this guy.

Just read and don't skip over please.
I'm a disabled combat veteran and I just wanted to say thank you for your opinion. The freedom of speech that you enjoy using. That is why I serverd so that way people can have their own opinions and can voice their opinion. I don't agree with your opinion but that's just how it is. I just wanted to say thanks for voicing it. God bless the USA and our troops!
And for the last remark
If you can't stand behind out troops please Stand in front of them!
Semper Fi
Wow, I'd left this one pretty far in the rear view, but for whatever reason your comment generated an email notification. And it's worth a response.

I appreciate your seeming mutual respect, even if we don't share opinions. Thank you for your service, you folks in uniform perform valuable tasks that many of us can't or won't. I'm sorry to hear that you're having to work so hard to make ends meet, your disability finding makes it even worse to hear.

If I could walk back all the name calling and trolling of a couple years ago, I'd have tried to do more to make my point that while service members undoubtedly deserve fair treatment and benefits (and IMO a lot better ones than it sounds like you're getting), that I don't think you guys are the only members of society that deserve decency and dignity. A lot of the rhetoric on here about how everyone who isn't a former service member but has received a disability benefit is a worthless leech, based on "this one guy I knew once" stories, is what I was railing against at the time...at least in my mind. What I was trying and failed to say to the OP was "Not only do I think you deserve to have your needs met, I believe there are a lot of other people that do too, that one guy you knew once notwithstanding." An argument was ongoing wherein people who considered themselves "makers" were expressing disdain for "takers." My belief is that there's nothing wrong with taking advantage of something available to you if you need it, but that arguing against anyone ever taking money from the government while doing so seems to an outsider like a guy in a glass house winging rocks.

It's been shown that for every one person gaming the public benefits system to get more than they deserve, there are five or six eligible people who are either wrongly denied benefits or discouraged from even applying because of the negative stigma of receiving them or because they're wrongly denied. Instead of putting our efforts into finding these people (usually they're working two jobs and existing on the margins) and getting them the help they could really use to get on a stable footing and become even more productive members of society, we're focused on rooting out the (rare) cheaters while ignoring the (common) under-served. I don't think that's the most productive approach, but again it seems clear we're not going to share a lot and I don't expect to change your mind there.

This still won't satisfy most people, and even if I were to want to walk back my words all the way to where they'd satisfy everyone on here, I can't (and likely wouldn't). So I'm going to peace right the fuck on back out after voicing one more thanks to you for a well-voiced rebuttal. Continue the hate parade, folks...

G>O>M

Member For 1 Year
nuke test vet ( navy )

had / will probably get more / ..cancers to prove it

there are asshole bludgers everywhere
2 of the worst i know are ex servicement playing the vets card
neither saw anything more frightening that a heavy ripple on the water
they both get so much im gobsmacked
both are on over 100 % disability payments

yet both can eat shit walk talk and run

makes me spew on the $50 a week i get for the cancers .. but thats another story

so it dont matter where you are pricks will always rip the system
if they can go for vets stuff thats even easier
as it has to be a little slack to get those that otherwise would never ask or seek legitimate help

i always heard more from the cooks and truck drivers than the gunners about the wars they were in

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

If I heard that guy say that to a disabled veteran my giant ass would turn him into a disabled non-veteran. Sorry you have to hear horseshit like that. Thank you for your service.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm a disabled combat veteran and I just wanted to say thank you for your opinion. The freedom of speech that you enjoy using. That is why I serverd so that way people can have their own opinions and can voice their opinion. I don't agree with your opinion but that's just how it is.

We don't forget and the colors don't run. Thank you soldier for remembering part of the oath we take. I would have repaired torpedoes, hulls, bulkheads and so on. Our "boats" would take you human cannons to the fight and dump you out. Then our boats would go back to sea, reign down the firestorm from safety. We all did it out of a love for America. Many gave all for that love, many only got to know what the cost was to be there. America lets us all have our own voices though. IMHO, I think if we honor the tenth amendment each of us is a king or queen respectively. That to me illustrates why America is such a powerful nation, we let our People be Kings. Yes, other countries can claim democracy, can they claim autonomy of each person living in them? Some how I think they cannot or will not. Such a right is purchased by the soldier who choose to give it freely to others by laying their lives down for it. It is good seeing that remembered both by the People and the soldier. Thank you.

VU Sponsors