Become a Patron!

THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL SENDING A COPY OF YOUR ID AND LAST 4 DIGITS OF YOUR SOCIAL

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I buy 190/150 proof grain alcohol online to make flavored 80% moonshine during the winter months:giggle: No SS # needed :drunk:
Stop feeding into the FDA Bullshit!!!:headbang:

If you don't mind, send me a PM with info about the place your grain alcohol from.

I have been thinking about trying to make my own Aftershave and this would work perfectly for me.

BTW all, many, MANY years ago, a frat brother had a bottle of that stuff and we were using it to "Beef Up" the pitchers of beer being served by the local Beer and Pizza place.

Never, EVER again!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I buy 190/150 proof grain alcohol online to make flavored 80% moonshine during the winter months:giggle: No SS # needed :drunk:
Stop feeding into the FDA Bullshit!!!:headbang:

If you don't mind, send me a PM with info about the place your grain alcohol from.

I have been thinking about trying to make my own Aftershave and this would work perfectly for me.

BTW all, many, MANY years ago, a frat brother had a bottle of that stuff and we were using it to "Beef Up" the pitchers of beer being served by the local Beer and Pizza place.

Never, EVER again!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If your kid does all that shit behind your back and receives a strange package from "Vape XXXX" without you knowing about it then you have an extreme case of bad parenting on your hands.

You might as well just let your kid vape and order that shit for him if you are that shitty of a parent:facepalm:

I guess that came out wrong and I do apologize as I know nothing about your parenting skills and there is at least a 99% chance that you are a great parent.

I was just wondering how a 16 year old could get all of this done:

"i dont see how any age check is useful over the internet

my son is 16
he is smart enough to get my ssn
take my license form my walet
take a pic of him holding it
photoshop tit to be me holding it instead

and boom he can use my cc and order vape stuff
would take him like 10-15 minutes

most children can do it"

Without any adult noticing?

Even if this is accomplished wouldn't you notice the package you got from the mailbox from "VapeGods" with your name on it?

Wouldn't you open said package since it has YOUR name on it?

I believe your idea here:

"the only way to prove age with an ACCEPTABLE level of accuracy is in person with ID
hence why I advocate to ship USPS Adult Signature restricted delivery. costs $6 more

The point of the deeming regs is to not sell to minors
and to id anyone who looks under 27 in person"

Is the simplest and cheapest way to prove that the person who ordered the package is who they say they are and an ADULT.

Even if you are not there when the package arrives all you have to do is show up at your local post office the next day with your ID.

I think these vendors are getting scammed into making bluecheck rich and they are going to lose all of their smart customers for doing it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I guess that came out wrong and I do apologize as I know nothing about your parenting skills and there is at least a 99% chance that you are a great parent.

I was just wondering how a 16 year old could get all of this done:

"i dont see how any age check is useful over the internet

my son is 16
he is smart enough to get my ssn
take my license form my walet
take a pic of him holding it
photoshop tit to be me holding it instead

and boom he can use my cc and order vape stuff
would take him like 10-15 minutes

most children can do it"

Without any adult noticing?

Even if this is accomplished wouldn't you notice the package you got from the mailbox from "VapeGods" with your name on it?

Wouldn't you open said package since it has YOUR name on it?

I believe your idea here:

"the only way to prove age with an ACCEPTABLE level of accuracy is in person with ID
hence why I advocate to ship USPS Adult Signature restricted delivery. costs $6 more

The point of the deeming regs is to not sell to minors
and to id anyone who looks under 27 in person"

Is the simplest and cheapest way to prove that the person who ordered the package is who they say they are and an ADULT.

Even if you are not there when the package arrives all you have to do is show up at your local post office the next day with your ID.

I think these vendors are getting scammed into making bluecheck rich and they are going to lose all of their smart customers for doing it.

I'm trying to find this link I read a few weeks ago when this first came up. It was a Q and A with one of the owners of BlueCheck regarding the SSN# issue. It made my jaw drop how cavalier he was.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Thanks, this part really bugs the crap out of me:

"Why do you require the last four of SSN when others do not?

This has been a question that has plagued me for a while! The original goal of BlueCheck was a simple way to verify that the person you were interacting with online was who they said they were. So the question becomes: What is the easiest, most frictionless way, to verify an identity?

I’ve looked at everything from photo recognition to social media mapping to voice verification/biometrics (Dragon API). Everything always came back with some sort of hitch – either there was hardware required, or it wasn’t a ~100% match on a person, ie: people can create multiple social media profiles, to do biometrics you need a phone or webcam.

We always came back to SSN – however as the outcry noted, it’s a big ask! But it’s the easiest and fastest way to verify identity.

The issue, on the other end of the spectrum, is that some people (fin-tech, etc) feel that SSN isn’t valuable enough anymore. That there have been too many breaches. So for now, we feel comfortable drawing our line in the sand at SSN (it’s only last 4 btw) and doing extra validation on those we can’t automatically verify."

WTF? There have been too many breaches for it to be valuable so we'll go ahead and use it. :bomb:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Just send the fucking package with an adult signature required request!!!
Problem fucking solved.

All you vendors using bluecheck you are being scammed and are either too stupid to realize it or just don't give a shit about my identity getting stolen.

Either way I will never buy a God Damned thing from you again.

Get the fuck out of the vaping industry or drop bluecheck = How's that for a solution?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm just glad I ignored the advice to relax and not worry about the post 8/8 vaping world.

I stock piled my head off and am good for years to come if need be.

But I hate to see my options shut down.

Same here. Ttotally stockpiled; no need to buy any vape-specific items at all. I'll buy some flavors as needed, but those aren't vape-specific, and AFAIK, TPA hasn't instituted any goofy rules.

Oh, I might buy some driptips... desertvapes.com also doesn't have any goofy rules, but they do have dirt cheap driptips.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Same here. Ttotally stockpiled; no need to buy any vape-specific items at all. I'll buy some flavors as needed, but those aren't vape-specific, and AFAIK, TPA hasn't instituted any goofy rules.

Oh, I might buy some driptips... desertvapes.com also doesn't have any goofy rules, but they do have dirt cheap driptips.

Andria

That's good to know - I'm compiling a list of go-to vendors (without BlueCheck BS) in case I do want/need something vape related that isn't easily available elsewhere, like batteries, vg, etc.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This shit is starting to make my head hurt :eek:

But, it is important to keep up to date with what is going on, because vaping is very important to me

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's good to know - I'm compiling a list of go-to vendors (without BlueCheck BS) in case I do want/need something vape related that isn't easily available elsewhere, like batteries, vg, etc.

They have a fairly wide selection, and I got my first "actual mod" from them, my first Sigelei Zmax, when they were on sale for $36, a great price in early 2014. Otherwise, unless they're running a great sale, their prices on hardware are a little high... except for driptips. Huge selection, very low prices. Amazingly fast shipping, and they also fill orders and ship on Saturdays, which I LOVE!

Andria

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just send the fucking package with an adult signature required request!!!
Problem fucking solved.

For some. I'm not paying an extra $6 either.

I stocked up to avoid the extra costs of regulation. I can wait for a slow boat from china if I need anything.

When these vendors go belly up, maybe people will pay better attention to the way they vote. It's a bit too late now but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@5150sick
APology accepted....but what about the family who mom an dad work till 5 and the 15-17 year old gets home from school at say 3 or 4 and is the first one who can check the mail? Its really not hard for kids to do this. Its actually easier then buying smokes or beer, with less risk to them. If you cant see it fine, but it is easy. Computers make it all so much easier then we had it when we were younger.

@lordmage - dundalk native myslef - i do miss my captain harvey's steak subs could you send me one lol. My sister and brother still live in the area. but i do not get done there very often any more. every time i go there everything look sos different like teh corne ror eastern ave and dundalk ave or northpont and merrit park blvd. its like i totaly different place from where i grew up, i practically didnt recognize it when I was last there a few years ago

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
@5150sick
APology accepted....but what about the family who mom an dad work till 5 and the 15-17 year old gets home from school at say 3 or 4 and is the first one who can check the mail? Its really not hard for kids to do this. Its actually easier then buying smokes or beer, with less risk to them. If you cant see it fine, but it is easy. Computers make it all so much easier then we had it when we were younger.

@lordmage - dundalk native myslef - i do miss my captain harvey's steak subs could you send me one lol. My sister and brother still live in the area. but i do not get done there very often any more. every time i go there everything look sos different like teh corne ror eastern ave and dundalk ave or northpont and merrit park blvd. its like i totaly different place from where i grew up, i practically didnt recognize it when I was last there a few years ago

I totally get how a few underage kids would slip through the cracks but this is far from the norm.

Every neighborhood has that older kid who's parents don't give a shit and all the kids in the neighborhood hang out there doing god knows what with god knows who.

Think back... You have that kid pictured in your head?

The one who you didn't really even like but it was the spot where you can show up at any time and do whatever you want.

Ordering shit to that kids house (every neighborhood and every era has "that kid") is far more likely to be the source of underage purchase then your mission impossible scenario.

We will never stop that older kid that lives down the street but we can try to teach our kids to stay the fuck away from him.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I totally get how a few underage kids would slip through the cracks but this is far from the norm.

Every neighborhood has that older kid who's parents don't give a shit and all the kids in the neighborhood hang out there doing god knows what with god knows who.

Think back... You have that kid pictured in your head?

The one who you didn't really even like but it was the spot where you can show up at any time and do whatever you want.

Ordering shit to that kids house (every neighborhood and every era has "that kid") is far more likely to be the source of underage purchase then your mission impossible scenario.

We will never stop that older kid that lives down the street but we can try to teach our kids to stay the fuck away from him.
actually my mission impossible scenario is more likely then yours if I understand how these online age thinsg work. I havent placed an order yet with one so i may be mistaken, but arent they verifying the cc address with teh shipping address as well. in that case having it shipped to that othe rkids house would not work.

i mean seriously how many parents have their SS card where the tennager knows wher eit is, or something like tax returns etc etc that the tennager can find?

ok so getting the last 4 is realtively easy for a tennager to do
now CC..hmmm mom and dad gave me $20 for cutting teh lawn, oh and $20 more to hang out at the mall, and aunt mary gave me $5 for my bday etc etc.

now while at said mall...go buy a visa gift card
register visa gift card online under mom or dads name and home shipping address.

now they have Your CC

from my understanding.,,,, thats enough to get past bluecheck
a credit card with teh same billing address as shipping address
b last 4 of the ss of teh persons name on cc

then just get to the mail box before mom and dad get home from work.

now my point has nothing todo with parenting. MOST children will occasionally try and get away with shit to some level. NO matter how good the kid is. even if they are not ordering for themselves. Imagine the market one could create if a minor could find websites they can get age verified by bluecheck in a way I am saying, then taking orders and collecting money and charging a reasonable markup. Then the kid with teh best parents who wants to try this out can go to THAT kid and buy it for cash directly...no fraud or nothing or any mission impossible scenario for the kid with GOOD PARENTS.

so my point is this
its not about parenting. its the fact these automated online age verification systems are easily fooled and are useless. If a minor wants to get around it they will and its easier to fool a computer then it is to fool a human being with a fake id.

SO automated online age verification systems are pointless and a waste of money. businesses should be using simpler better methods like adult signature restricted deivery or video confrencing etc to do a 1 time age check for the account.

because its not THAT kid who can fool the system or use dad's already 1 time age verified account to order shit that the fDA is looking for. becuase in order to do that they would actually have to witness the minor taking the package from the mailbox opening it up and using the items inside for it to legally be a completed sale. if the kid brings the box into the house, the fda is not going to waste time doing survellance and shit.

the fda is going to get 15-17 year olds to try and setup new accounts and buy stuff online and when they receive the item...be there waiting photograph it all and send out the fine.

and if they say asked my child to place an order using my account that was age verified....i think, and I am no laywer, that is some seriously tricky legal grounds there, which may be entrapment. So I do not think that an adult working for the FDA could setup up an age verified account then allow a minor to use it to buy stuff and then fine the business.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Imagine the market one could create if a minor could find websitesthey can get age verified by bluecheck in a way I am saying, then taking orders and collecting money and charging a reasonable markup. Then the kid with teh best parents who wants to try this out can go to THAT kid and buy it for cash directly
I'd say that kid has a bright future as an entrepreneur. :giggle:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Valley Verde Vapes sent me an email stating that vapers under 27 will be required to submit a selfie and last 4 digits of their SS#... older vapers only need to submit their full name as it appears on their DL along with a mobile phone #...wow! Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

It really depends on the relationship we have with our own children; for me, all I needed to hear was "I don't want you hanging around with that kid," and that kid became my best friend. With my own son, when we saw kids hanging on street corners smoking in our small town, and I said, "just so you know... you don't really wanna hang with people like that, they aren't going anywhere except maybe juvie," his response was "why would I WANT to hang with losers like that?" My parents put it in terms of what THEY wanted.... I explained it to my son in terms of what HE might or might not want to do.... it's all about the presentation. :) If parents are on a power trip and think they RULE that kid because THEY SAID SO, got news for those power-tripping parents... your kids will do everything they can to thwart you. If you respect your children enough to explain to them why so-and-so is a bad idea, they'll understand that the choice is really theirs, you're just giving them some pointers.

Andria

Last edited:

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just throwing in my two cents. That's all I have lol. Breazy does not use Blue Checker. We use a software that is transparant to our customers. When you place an order it verifies you by name and address one time only. If it can't verify you and we ask for a drivers license you can block out the numbers. All we need is something that has your name and birth date. We don't want any of your personal info. Just enough to follow the new regulations. Any info is stored in an encrypted file accessible only by Andy the owner. So I just found this out and thought that was pretty cool ! Once your verified that's it. Nothing further needed. So not only are we well liked and trusted here (I think lol) This should put anyone interested in using us at ease. Hope this helps and have a good day !

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just throwing in my two cents. That's all I have lol. Breazy does not use Blue Checker. We use a software that is transparant to our customers. When you place an order it verifies you by name and address one time only. If it can't verify you and we ask for a drivers license you can block out the numbers. All we need is something that has your name and birth date. We don't want any of your personal info. Just enough to follow the new regulations. Any info is stored in an encrypted file accessible only by Andy the owner. So I just found this out and thought that was pretty cool ! Once your verified that's it. Nothing further needed. So not only are we well liked and trusted here (I think lol) This should put anyone interested in using us at ease. Hope this helps and have a good day !
:stars::bunny::stars:

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just out of curiosity.. has anyone really dug into companies like bluecheck?

The whole situation gets my hackles raised a bit when there are options which are significantly more effective, less intrusive, etc (like age verified sig at delivery, or maybe even the creation of a new system). This just seems like a scam on the whole industry, businesses and customers alike.

Wouldn't surprise me if the chain led back to something like RJ Reynolds.:giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Simple. I will not buy from any vendor that requires my DL or last 4 of my social.

All my hardware will come from China and my consumables will not require proof of age.
I have a lifetime supply of nic and DIY ALL of my juice.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just out of curiosity.. has anyone really dug into companies like bluecheck?

The whole situation gets my hackles raised a bit when there are options which are significantly more effective, less intrusive, etc (like age verified sig at delivery, or maybe even the creation of a new system). This just seems like a scam on the whole industry, businesses and customers alike.

Wouldn't surprise me if the chain led back to something like RJ Reynolds.:giggle:
Read the terms with Bluecheck.
They WILL sell your info.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aaaaand, just got an email from Lightning Vapes, "proudly announcing" Blue Check....damn....

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Guess I'll be getting Temco wire on ebay from now on, instead of patronizing LightningVapes. Shame really; that guy at LV is really nice.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Never, EVER again!
I dunno I just buy it in a liquor store in Kentucky.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aaaaand, just got an email from Lightning Vapes, "proudly announcing" Blue Check....damn....

Just got the same email, really sucks for me, as that is where I buy my clapton wire from, luckily I stocked up 5/6 rolls, but they only 25' rolls, so won't last a really long time.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got another email from LV, they now decided on veratad after customers complaining about Blue Check, life is good again :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got another email from LV, they now decided on veratad after customers complaining about Blue Check, life is good again :)
Ooo, I haven't gotten that one yet!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So, what's the skinny on veratad?

Andria

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Few weeks ago Ecig.com was asking same shit 4 digits SSN or DL but WEEK and half ago they stop that crap as no one from our group was buying from them. I hope rest of all Vander will do the same.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Few weeks ago Ecig.com was asking same shit 4 digits SSN or DL but WEEK and half ago they stop that crap as no one from our group was buying from them. I hope rest of all Vander will do the same.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I've always said the sound of wallets slamming shut in mass is the most persuasive way consumers can influence commerce of any stripe

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Just send the fucking package with an adult
signature required request!!!
Problem fucking solved.
businesses should be using simpler better methods like adult signature restricted delivery
I would speculate that BlueCheck costs the vendors under $1.00 per check, a sum they can far more easily absorb than the $6.00 it costs to go signature required, and way too many vapers are too cheap to be willing to pony up the $6.00 themselves.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I would speculate that BlueCheck costs the vendors under $1.00 per check, a sum they can far more easily absorb than the $6.00 it costs to go signature required, and way too many vapers are too cheap to be willing to pony up the $6.00 themselves.

I would grudgingly pay it if need be. They can also just hide it by wrapping it into the price of goods, like is currently done on most sites. Ever notice that most of the domestic sites with the really cheap prices do not offer free shipping, or if they do, the minimum order is really high?

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 5.24.50 PM.png

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well i do not understand what bluecheck charges, i hav eread vendors stating it is the cheapest option...vs the 4-5k setup cost of other places. i have read there is a monthly fee,setup pfee, and per transaction fee.

but since all these online systems are easy to fool.... the fines are going to kill everyone. vaporjoose.composted that if you simply close the bluecheck popup window the order goes through and looks to the vendor the customer was verified by lbuecheck. online age verification can be fooled and manipulated so once the fda starts setting up minors to place orders and vendors who use these things get fined....

then online age verification systems are oing ot be costly.

and i do not get that say i get verfied by say bluecheck on one site, do i have to be verified again on my next order? if so do they charge the vendor again??? and if i place anorder with another vendor who uses bluecheck do i have to be verified there as well???

VU Sponsors