Become a Patron!

Thread Lube?

BrigSnip

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What do you use as a lubricant for your 510 threads? I've been using a tiny amount of chap stick.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
There is a lube that is a conductor of electricity that people use.

Anti-Oxidant Compound:

www.ebay.com/itm/Ideal-30-030-Noalox-Anti-Oxidant-Compound-Squeeze-Bottle-8-oz-/201346501776

www.ebay.com/itm/Gardner-Bender-Ox-Gard-Anti-Oxidant-Compound-Guards-Oxidation-General-Joints-/172609680446
  • The perfect safeguard for aluminum-to-aluminum, aluminum-to-copper wire connections and aluminum conduit joints
  • Guards against oxidation
  • Improves conductivity; penetrates aluminum oxide to maintain inter-strand and inter-conductor current paths
  • Produces a cooler connection

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I use the second one on my tube mods that i don't regularly use when I clean them.
It keeps the threads nice and smooth and keeps them from locking up when the mods just sit in my collection for months at a time.
I re clean them every 6 to 8 months and reapply the compound before putting them back in my mod stand.

I learned about the stuff from a facebook group of mostly mech users and they all swear by the stuff and use it on their everyday mods to keep the threads from locking up.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you use as a lubricant for your 510 threads? I've been using a tiny amount of chap stick.

Nothing. I tried Noalox when I was using mech mods but found it was more trouble than it was worth.

I clean them using a bit of paper towel once in a while, sometimes a Q-tip with a bit of alcohol or a microfiber cloth. Noalox is grease and I found it makes more of a mess than using nothing.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have several lubes for my folding knife pivots, but I don't worry about galling on my 510's. I guess I don't have enough mods to put them down long enough to worry. That and I don't keep attys on mods that aren't being used anyway. I feel like this is one of those unnecessary purchases for me, but if ya need it, you need it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Y'all know the original Kbox mod? I have a couple of those in my vape stash box, LOL. The piece that holds the battery screws in, well one of them is ULTRA squeaky. I've wondered about that Noalox for that but never bought any.

I've never thought about 510 threading, though.

Jeez, I'm realizing my vapocalypse stash is full of stuff from like 2 and 3 years ago. I'ma be a sad vapocalypse vaper :teehee:

FinnLee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had a problem with my DotMod sticking on my Epitite. Out if frustration, I gave the threads a shot of Deoxit that I use on the tubes pins on my tube amplifiers and it works beautifully!

Deoxit is a electronic contact cleaner that also leaves a minute film of lubricant behind. If it can stand the heat generated from my vacuum tubes I'm not worried about it on mod threads.

VU Sponsors