Become a Patron!

throat hit for astmatic

I'm a 20 year smoker, just turned 40 and became asthmatic. im over it. Just purchased a pod and I told the dude for my asthma I wanted something with a low throat hit. he gave me a 35mg Propaganda Illuminati liquid. I smoke ultra light or light ciggerettes and even the 35 mg was a little harsh for me. is there something lighter? something for people with asthma that hits nice and I can take a deep hit without choking

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
35MG is very high Nicotine for someone who smoked Ultra Lights IMO. Try something like 12-18MG or less. I smoked Marlboro Reds for almost 40 years and quit using high nic but dropped to 3MG in a matter of months. Good Luck~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
35MG is very high Nicotine for someone who smoked Ultra Lights IMO. Try something like 12-18MG or less. I smoked Marlboro Reds for almost 40 years and quit using high nic but dropped to 3MG in a matter of months. Good Luck~!

I would suggest 6mg nicotine, just putting it there. :) & :wave:Welcome @chomz .

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not sure they make PODs with that low MG.

Yep, true. Though I reckon you could get refillable pods. Then, a person could use whatever strength of juice they desired. Of course, that is probably overthinking the whole issue. Nobody wants to do that. :rolleyes:;):p:D

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I figured cutting it in half is a good start but I did also say go lower. Plus you must not forget that when you first quit smoking and switch to vaping you don't get those chemicals in Killer Sticks that numbs your throat.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I figured cutting it in half is a good start but I did also say go lower. Plus you must not forget that when you first quit smoking and switch to vaping you don't get those chemicals in Killer Sticks that numbs your throat.

Exactly, there's no ammonia to boost the nicotine for one.

thanks for the replies guys. I went to a shop but it was when everything was closed. and I couldn't go inside. dude came to the door. I told him what I needed and its the mg he gave me. any good suggestions on a lower mg brand? looked a bit but still new to this. I have the smok novo 2.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not knowing where you are from it would be hard to recommend especially since I vape almost 100% DIY e-Liquids.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You might try Direct Vapor. They're a larger "one stop" shop which seems to have eh, so so reasonable prices. Look around in the forum too, you'll find some good vendors.

I too do a lot (95-98% or so) of DIY. Currently vaping some unflavored base and a bit of "junk juice" (juice you can't remember what flavorings you put in, or how much). I use 18mg/ml nicotine strength. I'm wired up funny since birth though & 18mg is what I need.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
any good suggestions on a lower mg brand? looked a bit but still new to this. I have the smok novo 2.
This place sells 5ml sampler bottles for 99 cents. Freebase nic strengths are 3 & 6; you could try both and try a few flavors for not much $:

This place sells freebase e-liquids in 3, 6, 12, 18, & 24 mg concentrations. With that variety of levels, you could try different ones to see what works for you. They also have some high VG e-liquids; higher VG/lower PG generally means less harshness for your throat. Some pod kits don't like high VG, though.

This place also sells 3, 6, 12, 18, & 24 mg concentrations and has sampler packs.

If you prefer to shop locally, i've found Naked 100 brand e-liquids to be quite smooth in both 6 &12 mg, and they're available widely. That's just my experience; others may feel differently.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
With that system, maybe try something in the 18mg range. Given that it uses 1.4 to 1 ohm coils.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This place also sells 3, 6, 12, 18, & 24 mg concentrations and has sampler packs.

Dahlin, you vouch for $0.50+ per ml price? They juice worth it? If'n so I might has to look see at them. :)

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Dahlin, you vouch for $0.50+ per ml price? They juice worth it? If'n so I might has to look see at them. :)
Not actually vouching for them, just offering a suggestion to the OP. A wide selection of nic concentrations + sampler packs might help in finding that personal sweet spot. The company is definitely pricey but sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

The OP hasn't replied in 10 days now anyway. Possibly found an answer, possibly lost interest, possibly an ANTZ agent of some sort fishing for targets. Probably a mistake to try & help.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm a 20 year smoker, just turned 40 and became asthmatic. im over it. Just purchased a pod and I told the dude for my asthma I wanted something with a low throat hit. he gave me a 35mg Propaganda Illuminati liquid. I smoke ultra light or light ciggerettes and even the 35 mg was a little harsh for me. is there something lighter? something for people with asthma that hits nice and I can take a deep hit without choking
Hi. I have had asthma since a child, age 7. Im now mid age. In my opinion.
Ok. So one could say why did you smoke with asthma?
I was always an outdoors kid and youth then adult. I also did some serious keep fit sport.
But I still get asthma and when I turned from smoking to vaping, yep stayed dumb and stupid "hey why ruin the run right?" I tried vaping without nic. After quite a while I realised it was the Throat Hit i had liked from smokes! I didnt miss anything nic!
So I chased the throat hit. I tried Flavour Art (cant recall the aditive but it was to replicate the throat hit) but.......it contained capsaicin! It uped and ultred my asthma by %%%%%%%%....... Was nuts. And should contain an XXXXXX warning.
Now I still vape. Yep one may say "why? Are you stupid?"
Yes I probably am and many I know would say "of course he is, derrrr"....
But I still vape and do so with up and down depending on my mix Nic % to give me that throat hit. It probably didnt help, though I dont do so now and have not for years, used to rival Cheech & Chong in clouds. But after so many years of that and smoking I found Vaping. Said goodbye to both and now am happy to just mix my favourite flavours and get that throat hit.
I range I guess nuc wuse from 3 mg to maybe 5? But I dont pay precise attention to the %. If I mix and its not quite there I add 1 to 2%, depends on the throat feel. I add then let it sit after shaking a few times a day....

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The company is definitely pricey but sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

The OP hasn't replied in 10 days now anyway. Possibly found an answer, possibly lost interest, possibly an ANTZ agent of some sort fishing for targets. Probably a mistake to try & help.

Eh, always good being helpful I think. Agree, sometimes it is worth it paying more. :)

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Ha! In Nova Scotia we now have a 50 cent per ml TAX on vape, regardless of nicotine. 0mg is still taxed. That is being fought in courts. Quebec tried the same thing and lost. Covid is the best thing to ever happen to out Gov't, they have been hiding behind covid for months!

VU Sponsors