Become a Patron!

Throat issues and mouth soars

Hi
I have been vaping for two months. I have a kanger tech mini with a eleaf 30w. I just started having major flem or Mucas and mouth soars. I have asthma and allergies. I need help I have started smoking again and it all went away but I want to vape!! Please any input

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
More input would be helpful What ratio VG/PG are you vaping? What kind of juice? Could be an allergic reaction to Vg or PG, or even the flavorings in the juice. How many juices have you tried, and are the results any different?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Go to the free clinic and have an STD test.
Sounds more like STD in the throat and mouth than a reaction to an ecig.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What you've described is consistent with alot of vapers who I've read about who are allergic to PG...you may want to try vaping 100% VG juices and see if that helps....some people have an immediate reaction to PG, and for some of us the reaction is cumulative, it starts out mild and as it builds up in your system the reaction becomes stronger. PG allergy is not common, but an even rarer allergy is to VG, though there are people who are allergic to VG...of course that may have to do with whatever plant the VG is made from.

What you've described is consistent with alot of vapers who I've read about who are allergic to PG...you may want to try vaping 100% VG juices and see if that helps....some people have an immediate reaction to PG, and for some of us the reaction is cumulative, it starts out mild and as it builds up in your system the reaction becomes stronger. PG allergy is not common, but an even rarer allergy is to VG, though there are people who are allergic to VG...of course that may have to do with whatever plant the VG is made from.
I think it is also from sub ohm vaping too much moisture for my throat to handle and citrus. I am going to try vg the people who make velvet cloud and get a 1.2 coil

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you need to be aware that alot of juice companies advertise as !00% VG, but there flavorings are PG based, look for companies that advertise the point they don't use PG based flavorings..go look at Dripeez, the will taylor the juice to your needs , also be prepared for the fact that VG does not carry flavor as well as PG and the juice may not be as flavorfull as what your used to.I've never heard of sub ohming causing this kind of reaction.You're lucky nowdays there are alot of low or no PG juices being made.

More input would be helpful What ratio VG/PG are you vaping? What kind of juice? Could be an allergic reaction to Vg or PG, or even the flavorings in the juice. How many juices have you tried, and are the results any different?[/
you need to be aware that alot of juice companies advertise as !00% VG, but there flavorings are PG based, look for companies that advertise the point they don't use PG based flavorings..go look at Dripeez, the will taylor the juice to your needs , also be prepared for the fact that VG does not carry flavor as well as PG and the juice may not be as flavorfull as what your used to.I've never heard of sub ohming causing this kind of reaction.You're lucky nowdays there are alot of low or no PG juices being made.
its because I produce too much mucus cause of my allergies so I think the added vapor just throws off my asthma

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you having problems with phlegm or mucous specifically? Sinuses, lungs, or both?

Your body producing abnormal amounts of mucous can be an indication that you are dehydrated. Are you drinking plenty of water before, after, and even while you vape? VG is a humectant, which just means that it will entrap and pull moisture from your nasal passages, mouth, and/or airways. The bigger the clouds you're blowing, the more moisture is leaving your body with every exhale. The resulting dryness in your mouth may result in lesions due to insufficient amounts of saliva present to kill bacteria. I suffered from this condition early in my vaping days, and increasing my daily intake of water cleared it right up. I don't go anywhere without a bottle of water anymore. Vape, sip, repeat. :D

In the nasal passages, your body may be overcompensating for lack of moisture by producing tons of mucous. It's also likely that since you already have environmental allergies, vaping without sufficient hydration is just making your symptoms worse. Drinking more water may not prove to be the cure, but I would start looking at that before I started jumping to conclusions regarding a potential allergic reaction to PG or VG.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you having problems with phlegm or mucous specifically? Sinuses, lungs, or both?

Your body producing abnormal amounts of mucous can be an indication that you are dehydrated. Are you drinking plenty of water before, after, and even while you vape? VG is a humectant, which just means that it will entrap and pull moisture from your nasal passages, mouth, and/or airways. The bigger the clouds you're blowing, the more moisture is leaving your body with every exhale. The resulting dryness in your mouth may result in lesions due to insufficient amounts of saliva present to kill bacteria. I suffered from this condition early in my vaping days, and increasing my daily intake of water cleared it right up. I don't go anywhere without a bottle of water anymore. Vape, sip, repeat. :D

In the nasal passages, your body may be overcompensating for lack of moisture by producing tons of mucous. It's also likely that since you already have environmental allergies, vaping without sufficient hydration is just making your symptoms worse. Drinking more water may not prove to be the cure, but I would start looking at that before I started jumping to conclusions regarding a potential allergic reaction to PG or VG.
great post

haybill

Member For 4 Years
Yes,
I agree with Retrox--it is quite possibly a dehydration issue.
I really should follow suit--I go through phases of remembering to hydrate regularly and then not--currently I am experiencing exactly what he decribes--dry mouth leading to small problems and patches inside the mouth, possibly even Leukoplakia--saw a Dr. the other day who said nothing cancerous there yet but to monitor it--I am already vaping High VG but I'm also now considering only using my atties that are plus 1 ohm or just below, like 0.9 ohm--I am sure that the lower ohm coils are not helping my condition; I will try going back to basics, none or very little straight lung hits, much more like the early coil builds I was using. Hopefully this, plus keeping super hydrated will help--otherwise I am going to try to stop all vaping for a week and see what happens--I want to trace the source of this ongoing issue.
Incidentally--my PG intolerance brought back my GERD or Reflux symptoms, and after switching to high VG they disappeared, so there is often a solution for our health side effects.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also consider an allergy to the metals in the coils. Maybe you need to stay away from kanthal/nickel/Titanium whatever...

And yeah, despite what logic might dictate, vaping can dehydrate you.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am highly allergic to nickel and I have never had an issue vaping anything nickel related.

VU Sponsors