Become a Patron!

To Date which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for & why?

Which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YC618Ky.jpg

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
USS Fitzgerald collision: Ship failed to react to warning signals, captain says
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/0...to-react-to-warning-signals-captain-says.html

Anyone buying this load of crap? This sounds quite creative. No radio contact on guard? No emergency fog horn? No Klaxon?

Turned to hard right to avoid them but his ship was rammed into by the destroyer after they suddenly accelerated into him 10 minutes later? Seems as if he could have avoided them completely if they just stayed on course. Almost lke he was trying to ram them.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://freebeacon.com/issues/30-gop-congressmen-attacked-threatened-since-may/
30 GOP Congressmen Have Been Attacked or Threatened Since May
A total of 30 Republican members of Congress have either been attacked or revealed that they were the victim of a death threat since the beginning of May.
May 8: Wendi Wright, 35, was arrested after stalking Rep. David Kustoff (Tenn.) and trying to run him off the road. After pulling over, Wright "began to scream and strike the windows on Kustoff's car and even reached inside the vehicle."
May 9: Virginia Rep. Tom Garrett needed heavy security at a town hall after receiving a series of death threats in May that police "deemed to be credible and real."

"This is how we're going to kill your wife," one message said. Others detailed how they would kill his children, and even his dog.
May 12: A town hall participant accosted North Dakota Rep. Kevin Cramer, shoving fake dollar bills into his suit jacket. A Kramer supporter grabbed the same man by the neck. Both men were ejected by law enforcement, but neither were charged.

May 12: A Tucson, Ariz. school district employee was arrested by the FBI for sending several death threats to Arizona Rep. Martha McSally. The man threatened to shoot McSally and told her to "be careful" because her days "were numbered."

May 21: Florida Rep. Ted Yoho described his office getting vandalized by protesters. One female constituent left a voicemail on an office answering machine, promising, "Next time I see you, I'm going to beat your f**king ass."

June 14: Sens. Rand Paul (Ky.) and Jeff Flake (Ariz.), and Reps. Steve Scalise (La.), Kevin Brady (Texas), Jack Bergman (Mich.), Mike Bishop (Mich.), Mike Conaway (Texas), Roger Williams (Texas), John Moolenaar (Mich.), Gary Palmer (Ala.), Chuck Fleischmann (Tenn.), Ron DeSantis (Fla.), Barry Loudermilk (Ga.), Mark Walker (N.C.), Steve Pearce (N.M.), Brad Wenstrup (Ohio), Rodney Davis (Ill.), Jeff Duncan (S.C.), Trent Kelly (Miss.), Mo Brooks (Ala.), and Joe Barton (Texas) were attacked by a gunman during a baseball practice in Alexandria, Va.

Scalise, the House majority whip, was shot in the hip, and remains in the hospital. Four others were injured, including a staffer for Williams and two Capitol Police officers assigned to Scalise.

The same day, New York Rep. Claudia Tenney received an email reading, "One down, 216 to go."

June 17: Missouri Rep. Ann Wagner revealed that she had gotten five death threats in the weeks leading up to the Scalise shooting. Wagner said that protesters had been "vandalizing my home, showing up with masks and gravestones, and laying down on my driveway and drawing chalk outlines of dead bodies. Picketing my church at 8 and 10 o'clock Mass."

June 22: An Ohio man was arrested for leaving a voicemail threatening the life and family of Rep. Steve Stivers (Ohio).

"We're coming to get every goddamn one of you and your families. Maybe the next one taken down will be your daughter. Huh? Or your wife. Or even you," the man said.

The same day, Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz played a threatening voicemail he had received on "Fox & Friends."

"I suggest you prepare for the battle motherf**ker, and the apocalypse," the caller yelled. "Because we are going to hunt your ass down, wrap a rope around your neck, and hang you from a lamppost."

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
USS Fitzgerald collision: Ship failed to react to warning signals, captain says
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/0...to-react-to-warning-signals-captain-says.html

Anyone buying this load of crap?
Oh hell no!

Let's start with the first paragraph:

The U.S. Navy destroyer that slammed into a cargo ship in Japanese waters in mid-June, killing seven crew members, failed to react to warning signals in the moments leading up to the crash, the Phillippine-flagged ship’s captain said Monday.
Wut? The ACX Crystal hit the Fitzgerald, not the other way around!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reinstates most of Trumps travel ban.
People from those countries can still come here if they have a job here, have relatives here, are a student in a university here, etc.
Yeah like all the rest of the terror committees of the last several events.
..... Orlando San Berardino ft hood and Boston all by such people.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ask that question in October, when the SC rules on the rest of it. I have a sneaking suspicion you won't like the answer. Same as November.

161108223616-trump-wins-ohio-full-169.jpg
LOL.
I knew I was not going to like Last November no matter who won.
We all lost either way.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fake news. It is not possible for Trump to fire those people.
Even though to some he possesses Godlike Powers :)

I see you need some more definitions to expand your comprehension. Here's a hint, My post involved the second of the two words and everybody else understood what it meant.

lit·er·al
ˈlidərəl,ˈlitrəl/
adjective
adjective: literal; adjective: literal-minded
  1. 1.
    taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or allegory.
    "dreadful in its literal sense, full of dread"
    • free from exaggeration or distortion.
      "you shouldn't take this as a literal record of events"
      synonyms: strict, factual, plain, simple, exact, straightforward; More
      unembellished, undistorted;
      objective, correct, true, accurate, genuine, authentic
      "the literal sense of the word “dreadful”"
      antonyms: figurative
    • informal
      absolute (used to emphasize that a strong expression is deliberately chosen to convey one's feelings).
      "fifteen years of literal hell"
  2. 2.
    (of a translation) representing the exact words of the original text.
fig·ur·a·tive
ˈfiɡyərədiv/
adjective
adjective: figurative
  1. 1.
    departing from a literal use of words; metaphorical.
    "gold, in the figurative language of the people, was “the tears wept by the sun.”"
    synonyms: metaphorical, nonliteral, symbolic, allegorical, representative, emblematic
    "the example given was meant to be figurative"
    antonyms: literal
  2. 2.
    (of an artist or work of art) representing forms that are recognizably derived from life.

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL.
I knew I was not going to like Last November no matter who won.
We all lost either way.

So, you're parsing the decision today to stave off your disappointment at the prospect of Trump winning at the SC in October like you did for the election? o_O

How many times are you going to to do that to yourself? :eek:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, you're parsing the decision today to stave off your disappointment at the prospect of Trump winning at the SC in October like you did for the election? o_O

Probably after the coup and Queen Hitlery ' ascension. ......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Trump May win on the rest of the decision and he may not.
i am not deciding which way it will go.
In any case we have Trump so we lost.

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh hell no!

Let's start with the first paragraph:

Wut? The ACX Crystal hit the Fitzgerald, not the other way around!
LOL!

How can they expect us to believe a US Destroyer would ignore warnings & sail on a collision course to certain destruction! Stinks to high heaven!

It's not like the captain was on the bridge after-all.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trump May win on the rest of the decision and he may not.
i am not deciding which way it will go.
In any case we have Trump so we lost.

Pfffft. Just a few posts ago you was boasting that Trump didn't win but the fucking decision won't come till October. :rolleyes:

And let me clear something up for you. WE didn't all lose. YOU lost. You might as well quit whining about it. There is no WE unless you got yourself a mouse in your pocket. You don't fucking speak for me or anyone else.

But you can add that you feel like a loser to the list of negative emotions you feel about Trump. Maybe I was wrong and you won't be all right without meds.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is the next False Flag:

Syria could be planning chemical attack, White House says
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/0...lanning-chemical-attack-white-house-says.html

Trump may be seeking support from Neocons & High Ranking Dems to allow HRC, DWS, JP, LL, & BS prosecutions, End to Muellar Probe, & Institute Travel Ban only to reverse later or we could be marching to WW3 on two fronts.

Come to think of it he may be trying to pre-empt a planned false flag.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kind of funny that Tillerson & Ivanka Trump will be presenting the 2017 Human Trafficking report to Congress just before John Poedesta is set to Testify before Congress. I imagine if he wasn't a sociopath, he might get concerned about that little development.
DDRrtmHXkAAR4Tp.jpg

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here is the next False Flag:

Syria could be planning chemical attack, White House says
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/0...lanning-chemical-attack-white-house-says.html

Trump may be seeking support from Neocons & High Ranking Dems to allow HRC, DWS, JP, LL, & BS prosecutions, End to Muellar Probe, & Institute Travel Ban only to reverse later or we could be marching to WW3 on two fronts.
I don't believe Syria did the last chem attack, after all why do it when they were doing well against ISIS? Why risk antagonizing the U.S. and the UN? Why give either an excuse for an invasion, no fly zone, etc.? And, even if Assad's military did do the last attack, it really wasn't our place to intervene. The President didn't have congressional authority to take action, nor did he have UN authority to take action. This certainly looks to me like the powers that be are setting up the pieces for an excuse to take further action against Assad and the SAA.

Any idea if McCain has visited the terrorists in Syria again (like he did shortly before the last chem attack)?

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't believe Syria did the last chem attack, after all why do it when they were doing well against ISIS? Why risk antagonizing the U.S. and the UN? Why give either an excuse for an invasion, no fly zone, etc.? And, even if Assad's military did do the last attack, it really wasn't our place to intervene. The President didn't have congressional authority to take action, nor did he have UN authority to take action. This certainly looks to me like the powers that be are setting up the pieces for an excuse to take further action against Assad and the SAA.

Any idea if McCain has visited the terrorists in Syria again (like he did shortly before the last chem attack)?
He has during every congressional break so far. Expect him to beeline for airport as soon as the session break begins.

John McCain has already traveled 75,000 miles cleaning up after Trump
https://www.dailykos.com/story/2017...already-traveled-75-000-miles-cleaning-up-after-Trump

Wonder if Trump was baiting McCain, Schumer or Graham into taking a trip under surveillance to set something up after his threat to Syria.

Last edited:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He has during every congressional break so far. Expect him to beeline for airport as soon as the session break begins.

John McCain has already traveled 75,000 miles cleaning up after Trump
https://www.dailykos.com/story/2017...already-traveled-75-000-miles-cleaning-up-after-Trump

Wonder if Trump was baiting McCain, Schumer or Graham into taking a trip under surveillance to set something up after his threat to Syria.

The above article is a hit on Trump piece, to wit, the last paragraph: "It is the testament to the profound weakness and incompetence of the Trump administration that the official top diplomat is too tired to do his work abroad so an elderly statesman has to do it for him in what little free time he has outside of being a senior senator and chair of important committees. I would remind readers that the situation is probably exacerbated by numerous key diplomatic positions being left vacant due to Trump’s unwillingness to appoint replacements."

Trump has been kind of busy trying to get the positions that he has filled approved.
The executive orders that he has issued have all been challenged, and every single statement he has made has been attacked.

John McCain has been a busy old man indeed, busy challenging most of anything Donald Trump says or does.

Just the first page of a google search:

McCain calls on Trump to clarify wiretapping claim - CNNPolitics.com
www.cnn.com/2017/03/12/politics/john-mccain-donald-trump/index.html
Mar 14, 2017 - John McCain said Sunday that President Donald Trump should either ... Sources have told CNN that FBI Director James Comey also pushed back ... raising questions about whether those contacts had anything to do with ...
John McCain rips Trump administration over Syria policy - CNNPolitics ...
www.cnn.com/2017/04/04/politics/john-mccain-syria-trump-cnntv/index.html
Apr 5, 2017 - John McCain said Tuesday the Trump administration's decision to no ... the Arizona Republican told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day. .... I do have great confidence in the security team around the President," he said.
John McCain Takes on Donald Trump - NYMag
nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/02/john-mccain-takes-on-donald-trump.html
Feb 18, 2017 - The story of McCain's captivity in Vietnam has been told so many ..... to be answered: “When did Flynn know about anything to do with Russian ...
Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured' - POLITICO
www.politico.com/.../trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-1203...
Jul 19, 2015 - When asked which foot, Trump told reporters to look up the records. ... “@SenJohnMcCain and all our veterans - particularly POWs have earned our ... “After Donald Trumpspends six years in a POW camp, he can weigh in on ...
John McCain tells Trump: present evidence or retract wiretapping ...
https://www.theguardian.com › US News › Donald Trump
Mar 13, 2017 - Senior Republican John McCain has told Donald Trump to either ... “I do believe on issues such as this, accusing a former president of the ...
John McCain says Congress no longer has 'credibility' to conduct ...
www.businessinsider.com/trump-russia-investigation-update-john-mccain-congress-cr...
Mar 22, 2017 - Some have questioned whether Nunes, in appearing to confirm the ... When asked aboutTrump's comment, McCain told van Susteren that he ...
McCain Says Trump's Actions Have Unsettled Allies and Americans ...
https://www.bloomberg.com/.../mccain-says-trump-s-actions-have-unsettled-allies-and...
May 30, 2017 - President Donald Trump has unsettled allies, as well as Americans, Senator ... and this is understandable,” McCain, 80, told a crowd at the University of ... was difficult and said the allies “willremain friends for a very long time.
Trump's team in disarray, U.S. Senator McCain tells Europe | Reuters
www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-security-mccain-trump-idUSKBN15W210
Feb 18, 2017 - McCain, a known Trump critic, told the Munich Security Conference that the ... a lot of work to do," said McCain, even as he praised Trump's defense secretary. ... Mattis, however, has spoken out strongly against Russia while in Europe. .... Everything you need to empower your workflow and enhance your ...
McCain calls on Trump to back up wire-tapping claim | Reuters
www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-wiretap-idUSKBN16D21T
Mar 6, 2017 - The White House said on Monday that Trump still has confidence in Comey ... that I havebeen told by him that would lead me to believe that anything is ... investors question whether the post-election rally has run its course.
GOP Sen. John McCain comes out swinging against Trump - USA Today
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/...mccain...trump.../97059232/
Jan 25, 2017 - Earlier this week, the president told congressional leaders he believes 3 ... clear that he isn't just going to go along with everything President Trump ... The investigation will be to look into his unsubstantiated claim that he lost ... Trump is not the first Republican president that McCain hasspoken out against.

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The above article is a hit on Trump piece, to wit, the last paragraph: "It is the testament to the profound weakness and incompetence of the Trump administration that the official top diplomat is too tired to do his work abroad so an elderly statesman has to do it for him in what little free time he has outside of being a senior senator and chair of important committees. I would remind readers that the situation is probably exacerbated by numerous key diplomatic positions being left vacant due to Trump’s unwillingness to appoint replacements."

Trump has been kind of busy trying to get the positions that he has filled approved.
The executive orders that he has issued have all been challenged, and every single statement he has made has been attacked.

John McCain has been a busy old man indeed, busy challenging most of anything Donald Trump says or does.

Just the first page of a google search:

McCain calls on Trump to clarify wiretapping claim - CNNPolitics.com
www.cnn.com/2017/03/12/politics/john-mccain-donald-trump/index.html
Mar 14, 2017 - John McCain said Sunday that President Donald Trump should either ... Sources have told CNN that FBI Director James Comey also pushed back ... raising questions about whether those contacts had anything to do with ...
John McCain rips Trump administration over Syria policy - CNNPolitics ...
www.cnn.com/2017/04/04/politics/john-mccain-syria-trump-cnntv/index.html
Apr 5, 2017 - John McCain said Tuesday the Trump administration's decision to no ... the Arizona Republican told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day. .... I do have great confidence in the security team around the President," he said.
John McCain Takes on Donald Trump - NYMag
nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/02/john-mccain-takes-on-donald-trump.html
Feb 18, 2017 - The story of McCain's captivity in Vietnam has been told so many ..... to be answered: “When did Flynn know about anything to do with Russian ...
Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured' - POLITICO
www.politico.com/.../trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-1203...
Jul 19, 2015 - When asked which foot, Trump told reporters to look up the records. ... “@SenJohnMcCain and all our veterans - particularly POWs have earned our ... “After Donald Trumpspends six years in a POW camp, he can weigh in on ...
John McCain tells Trump: present evidence or retract wiretapping ...
https://www.theguardian.com › US News › Donald Trump
Mar 13, 2017 - Senior Republican John McCain has told Donald Trump to either ... “I do believe on issues such as this, accusing a former president of the ...
John McCain says Congress no longer has 'credibility' to conduct ...
www.businessinsider.com/trump-russia-investigation-update-john-mccain-congress-cr...
Mar 22, 2017 - Some have questioned whether Nunes, in appearing to confirm the ... When asked aboutTrump's comment, McCain told van Susteren that he ...
McCain Says Trump's Actions Have Unsettled Allies and Americans ...
https://www.bloomberg.com/.../mccain-says-trump-s-actions-have-unsettled-allies-and...
May 30, 2017 - President Donald Trump has unsettled allies, as well as Americans, Senator ... and this is understandable,” McCain, 80, told a crowd at the University of ... was difficult and said the allies “willremain friends for a very long time.
Trump's team in disarray, U.S. Senator McCain tells Europe | Reuters
www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-security-mccain-trump-idUSKBN15W210
Feb 18, 2017 - McCain, a known Trump critic, told the Munich Security Conference that the ... a lot of work to do," said McCain, even as he praised Trump's defense secretary. ... Mattis, however, has spoken out strongly against Russia while in Europe. .... Everything you need to empower your workflow and enhance your ...
McCain calls on Trump to back up wire-tapping claim | Reuters
www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-wiretap-idUSKBN16D21T
Mar 6, 2017 - The White House said on Monday that Trump still has confidence in Comey ... that I havebeen told by him that would lead me to believe that anything is ... investors question whether the post-election rally has run its course.
GOP Sen. John McCain comes out swinging against Trump - USA Today
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/...mccain...trump.../97059232/
Jan 25, 2017 - Earlier this week, the president told congressional leaders he believes 3 ... clear that he isn't just going to go along with everything President Trump ... The investigation will be to look into his unsubstantiated claim that he lost ... Trump is not the first Republican president that McCain hasspoken out against.
Fully aware of that. I was just being lazy. My bad.

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea but that's just in L.A. When they get to the rest of California...and Washington DC the count will grow tremendously
Keep waiting for news on DC......Never seems to come. Obama jumped on a for Bali plane & took off right after Loretta Lynch was subpoenaed. Hopefully they are waiting for his return to sweep these sickos up & they will drain a good portion of this swamp soon.

That 238 from hollywood elite was a separate operation from the original one that swept up over 650 up back in Jan, Feb, Mar.

Last edited:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep waiting for news on DC......Never seems to come. Obama jumped on a for Bali plane & took off right after Loretta Lynch was subpoenaed. Hopefully they are waiting for his return to sweep these sickos up & they will drain a good portion of this swamp soon.

That 238 from hollywood elite was a separate operation from the original one that swept up over 650 up back in Jan, Feb, Mar.
Remember what the FBI dude on /pol said regarding the Clinton Foundation, if they start digging in DC
they'll have to shut down the Capital...Apply same to the pedo gang.
Tell me McConnell doesn't look like a baby fucker...

upload_2017-6-27_6-13-32.jpeg

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Remember what the FBI dude on /pol said regarding the Clinton Foundation, if they start digging in DC
they'll have to shut down the Capital...Apply same to the pedo gang.
Tell me McConnell doesn't look like a baby fucker...

View attachment 85347
Supposedly Republicans are way worse than Dems that way.....The list goes on & on......

Trump should take the Dems now call for special elections to replace & pass some legislation in the mean time. They will gladly testify against the rest of the swamp....

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
California Democrats Violate Their Own ‘Travel Ban’ — for ‘Important’ Causes

http://www.breitbart.com/california...a-lgbt-senator-violates-own-texas-travel-ban/

This is why you have to be a retard to be a democrat,and a special kind of retard to be a California democrat, or you have to be somebody that just wants to see the downfall of human freedom.

So, the California democrat controlled state goverment has voted to refuse to spend state money on any offical travel to Texas on the basis that Texas is Homphobic......and yet this same group of democrats think it is just fine to spend state funds on Universities and cities which shut down a Homosexual Libertarian ...Milo, from speaking his mind freely, and instituted a de facto censorship of thought to it's entire student body....it's fine with sending state funds to cities like Berkeley and San Jose, and LA who told their police force to stand down and watch American citizens get beat down in the streets for thought crimes....to paraphrase Orwell...I guess some homosexuals are gayer than others......I suppose the DNC wants to protect the rights of homosexuals...with the exception of their rights to free speech and their right to think for thermselves.

Last edited:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Supposedly Republicans are way worse than Dems that way.....The list goes on & on......

Trump should take the Dems now call for special elections to replace & pass some legislation in the mean time. They will gladly testify against the rest of the swamp....
Yea that's why I placed McConnell first, but they're all sick pups.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://yournewswire.com/nicole-kidman-kubrick-pedophiles/
Nicole Kidman: ‘Stanley Kubrick Said Pedophiles Run The World’

Stanley Kubrick claimed that “the world is run by pedophiles”, according to Nicole Kidman, who says the reclusive director taught her “how the world works and who is really in control behind the scenes” while filming Eyes Wide Shut.

Stanley told me the world is run by pedophiles,” Nicole Kidman said while promoting HBO’s Big Little Lies, in Los Angeles. “He studied secret societies his whole life, he was fascinated by them, and he said the elite, the top secret societies, they are full of men with a certain predilection. They are tied together, sort of bonded, by pedophilia.

They all know each other’s dark secrets. There is no way out for any of them. It’s a lifetime bond. Even if one of them wanted to go straight, repent, so to speak, he can’t. His peers will bring him down. They are in it until death, driving the world to ruin. That’s kind of how Stanley explained it but it was all very complex. I’m probably not doing it justice.”

The 1999 film, starring Kidman and her then husband Tom Cruise, was Stanley Kubrick’s last outing as director before his death the same year. Many people believe Kubrick gave away too many secrets in the film about secret societies and the global elite, and it may have cost him his life.

Asked if Kubrick’s knowledge of secret societies and their darkest secrets had anything to do with his death, Kidman raised an eyebrow and said “That’s not a question I can answer here.

Though maybe I could. None of you in the media would be allowed to print it, would you? The men who own your companies wouldn’t allow it to get out,” Kidman said.

A brave speaker of truth, Nicole Kidman had contracts cancelled by two Hollywood studios earlier this year after she dared go against the current Hollywood agenda by sayingwe need to support whoever is the president”.

By daring to speak about the possible reasons for Stanley Kubrick’s death she is now running the risk of further attacks.

While she was not willing to comment on the cause of Kubrick’s death, Kidman was willing to say that the reclusive director was not expecting death to come so soon.

Stanley’s next film was going to be about psychopathic pedophiles. He said he was going deeper down the rabbit hole.”

He always had four of five projects ready to go. He was a meticulous researcher. He believed the most powerful films always have a hard grounding in truth.

Kubrick was a lifelong student of power structures, with many of his films exhibiting a closely-observed genius for exposing the corruption, depravity and madness of elite institutions.

Whether it was the military industrial complex (Dr Strangelove, Full Metal Jacket), ultraviolence (A Clockwork Orange), psychological horror (The Shining) or psychopathic pedophila (Lolita, and his unnamed, unfinished project), Stanley Kubrick took on the issues that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors