Become a Patron!

Tobacco Flavorings

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OK, calling all Tobacco DIY'ers~!

I need to find a new Tobacco flavoring because my regular supplier discontinued the Butterscotch Graham I loved and stupid me screwed up my last order so I am getting almost 2 gallons of VG/PG and Nicotine but not enough flavorings. Ordering just flavorings will kill me with shipping. Looking forward to hear suggestions of what might be like the Liquid Barn Tobacco which has a slight Clove and Berry flavor.

Thanks to all who contribute in advance~! :vino:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Wow, no responses so far... Maybe ask a mod to move it to one of the other DIY areas? @Teresa P
You might be interested in using some type of RY4 blend as a base and work up from there. Personally, I like to use TFA RY4 Double as a base for some tobacco type flavors. Also, ask @Vash about his NET bases.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I thought this was the correct area but I see it really isn't and when I started the thread I was in the DIY. Thanks for pointing it out and tagging Teresa she will put it in the right place but I know she was having some Internet issues in her area recently.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It was only 7PM on Friday night so I can't say I had too much yet~! Just a dumb mistake............. Mrs. T will get it moved when she has time.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually it is discontinued by LB and has been OOS for a while so I might wonder about freshness. Saw a few suppliers in the US who had it but more expensive that buying direct. Thanks for the tip though~!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Im not familiar with the LB flavoring you mention, but I do like butterscotch and tobacco. Might be an opportunity to do some experimenting and come up with something that could be used as a base or a launching point.

What are the flavor notes (obvious aside).

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Butterscotch Graham Tobacco is what LB used to offer and I also am pursuing a Tobacco with Clove and Berries because I forgot to put it in my order that is coming.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Butterscotch Graham Tobacco is what LB used to offer and I also am pursuing a Tobacco with Clove and Berries because I forgot to put it in my order that is coming.

Cannot help with the clove and berries, as neither of those are flavors I'm particularly fond of. As for the BGT, try this as a replacement.

Vanilla Butterscotch RY4:
Butterscotch Natural (Flavor West), 4.00%
RY4 Double (TFA), 5.00%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Flavor West), 3.00%
Vanilla Custard V1 (Capella), 3.50%

It is not my recipe and I neglected to note where I got it. Dobroeutro maybe? Probably not spelling it right. Anyway, there it is, original also included .50% Super Sweet which I deleted.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I made an Orient Tobacco Black with Clove and Berries which at first was OMFG way too strong. Since it has been Infusing for about a month I just smelled it and it has mellowed a bit. Going to taste test when my tank goes empty.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Steve, I don't do tobacco flavor myself but I do makeit for a friend of mine.
It uses
TFA RY4
FA Catalian Cream
FA caramel
TFA Whipped Cream
TFA Vanilla swirl
TFA Turkish
Let me know if you would like the recipe and I'll send it.
Take care

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Post it here if you like so others can benefit if they are interested. Unless of course if it is a secret~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I have been vaping the Tobacco Black I mentioned all last night. And although it did mellow with age I find it is strong this morning but it was good yesterday.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So I have been vaping the Tobacco Black I mentioned all last night. And although it did mellow with age I find it is strong this morning but it was good yesterday.
Not sure I have posted this recipe before on the forum.
I used to use TFA RY4Double a lot.
TFA RY4D 12%
TFA Jamaican Rum 8%
That's it. The RY4D takes a month to reach its best.
So you can if you like a Malibu Rum flavour, add the Rum a week before you plan to vape it that way you get the RY4D with a coconut hint rum flavour.
Or add them at the same time and steep for the 4 weeks together and the coconut hint fades and it is just a sweet Jamaican Rum taste with it.
I have given a couple of those mixes to people I used to know that vaped and they loved it.
I used to use in another FA Seven leaves 5% with several drops of FA Perique Black (Perique is super strong and adds an actual tobbaco ashen taste to it) was the closest I made a vape taste like a cig. But I dont think id like it now as I hate the smell of cig smoke. Still have it and it still smells like a cigarette butt :confused:
20210130_123133(1).jpg

Still got one of those RY4D mixes too from 2019. Might try it one day and see how it tastes.
20210130_123324(1).jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I add Coconut to my Tobacco's all the time when I need a change up but I would have to check my recipes because I don't think I have ever used any Tobacco at 12%~! Last mix with the Orient Black was too strong and now where close to 12%.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I need to find a new Tobacco flavoring because my regular supplier discontinued the Butterscotch Graham I loved and stupid me screwed up my last order so I am getting almost 2 gallons of VG/PG and Nicotine but not enough flavorings. Ordering just flavorings will kill me with shipping. Looking forward to hear suggestions of what might be like the Liquid Barn Tobacco which has a slight Clove and Berry flavor.

No experience but that sounds like a great flavor. I love and miss a good Indian love smoke. I have an in country contact and get them brought to me a few times a year.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

No experience but that sounds like a great flavor. I love and miss a good Indian clove. I have an in country contact and get them brought to me a few times a year. I am ashamed to say I DO miss smoking. Praise God for vape.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well my 1st attempt at a Clove and Berry Tobacco was too strong at 1st and then after about a month it mellowed. The LB is much lighter.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I add Coconut to my Tobacco's all the time when I need a change up but I would have to check my recipes because I don't think I have ever used any Tobacco at 12%~! Last mix with the Orient Black was too strong and now where close to 12%.
Yeah many are low % but TFA RY4D up there is fine. Even those I shared it with on a forum I used to be on liked it.
I couldn't imagine how Perique would be that high. I think it would hospitalise me :giggle:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah many are low % but TFA RY4D up there is fine. Even those I shared it with on a forum I used to be on liked it.
I couldn't imagine how Perique would be that high. I think it would hospitalise me :giggle:

Sorry I am busy preparing for the Nor Easter and you just reminded me I need to mix up a 120ML~!

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I only vape one recipe that I DIY unless I pick up some juice at a vape shop from time to time.

RY4 dbl
Graham cracker
Bavarian cream
Peanut Butter
(Every other 240ml bottle I mix gets 4% caramel)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I am going to wake the thread up here...

@SteveS45 did you ever find what you are looking for?

Most say Flavorah's tobaccos are really nice.. just some help here.. :)

for the clove and berries.. you could tinker with my recipe here:

**[Smoky Blue's Djarum Tobacco ](https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2153439/Smoky%20Blue%27s%20Djarum%20Tobacco)**

Ingredient|%
:---|---:
Clove (Flavorah)|0.06
Cream (Flavorah)|0.80
Ginger (Flavorah)|0.04
Lemon Tea (Flavorah)|0.20
Turkish Tobacco (Flavorah)|0.20
Virginia Tobacco (Flavorah)|0.40

Flavor total: 1.7%

Remember to rate it at [e-liquid-recipes.com!](https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2153439/Smoky%20Blue%27s%20Djarum%20Tobacco)

for a graham cracker tobacco... I could do up a recipe for you..
Is the graham loud, soft or in the middle?
How was the tobacco? was it more of a desert or was it a real tobacco?
I will bet there was some cream in it.. maybe some caramel?

My thoughts are running something like this:

Smoky Blue's Graham Tobacco

Ingredient|%
Brulee (Flavorah)|0.60
Caramel (Flavorah)|1.00
Cream (Flavorah)|1.00
Graham Cracker (Flavorah)|1.00
Kentucky Blend (Flavorah)|0.60
Red Burley (Flavorah)|0.40

Flavor total: 4.6%

If you really like a fun nutty dessert type tobacco.. try this one too

**[Smoky Blue's Pistachio RY4 ](https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2888086/Smoky%20Blue%27s%20Pistachio%20RY4)**

Ingredient|%
Caramel (Flavorah)|0.80
Coconut (Flavorah)|0.12
Milk and Honey (Flavorah)|0.40
Pistachio (Flavorah)|0.40
Red Burley (Flavorah)|0.20
Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah)|0.06
Smoked Butterscotch (Flavorah)|0.40
Sweet Cigarette (Flavorah)|0.06
Sweet Cream (Flavorah)|1.00

Flavor total: 3.44%

Remember to rate it at [e-liquid-recipes.com!](https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2888086/Smoky%20Blue%27s%20Pistachio%20RY4)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@Smoky Blue I have experimented with a few Tobaccos but doesn't seem like People are interested with 28 posts in almost 3 years.

Yeah, tell me bout it... :) then again :p

I see a lot going on..
Let me go back to being super quiet.. a few I know, Im grateful for.. the rest.. yeah quiet time... :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I hope I didn't offend you~!

Naw.. ya didn't.. ;)
be honest.. it's been on my own mind..
over the years and the people I have "come into contact with" and who stuck around and who I removed lol.. There is a big list.. You and I have gotten into our own tangles.. but you are alright, Steve.. ;)

let's let the crickets keep on tho... you know how it is :D

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
plenty of recipes on elr : search Butterscotch Graham tobacco..... probably a ry4 .... Obsidian by Wayne Walker (Diy Or Die)...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Now because you reminded me I will be making a Butterscotch Graham Tobacco Blend because I have a recipe I dreamed up.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Flavor Description: The taste of a creamy Butterscotch and Graham Cracker with a hint of Tobacco.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I will have to look closer when I have more time.

So in case your wondering WTF I am talking about the post I quoted was removed.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Steve.. if you have not tried before.. go grab the new flv tobaccos..
the ry4 and the vanilla are both just fantastic.. mild tobacco is like a caramel tobacco but so laid back :)

I have a few recipes sitting around.. taking notes on how they will steep out before I do anything with them...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would have to look and see if I have it. Right now I am Vaping a DIY Orient Black Tobacco with Clove and Berries. When I first made this is was way too strong but after a good long aging it mellowed nicely.

VU Sponsors