Become a Patron!

Todd's First Product... The HAAR RTA

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is out for delivery as per USPS but still will have to wait for cruel and uncaring private PO Box people to give it up ?
Mine was scheduled for today, but I wasn't too hopeful.

I'll be very keen to hear your impressions :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I need to simmer down, lol

We'll be comparing notes soon enough

It's highly likely mine will be a tomorrow thing

Plus, gotta do a 25 mile round trip to go get it :sad:

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need to simmer down, lol

We'll be comparing notes soon enough

It's highly likely mine will be a tomorrow thing
I'm pretty amped too. ⭐ A major purchase with a lot of promise. I'm loving the Kayfun I got recently and this one will fill the higher end rdtl role now.
Plus, gotta do a 25 mile round trip to go get it :sad:
That's the longest driveway I ever heard of.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I can think of worse things to do than drive 25 miles in Hawaii

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty amped too. ⭐ A major purchase with a lot of promise. I'm loving the Kayfun I got recently and this one will fill the higher end rdtl role now.

That's the longest driveway I ever heard of.

First world problems

My collection is strong and I had to stop stashing at some point, but occasionally something comes along you just gotta have

Now gotta fight the urge for a new mod I don't need to go with LMAO

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ah, just delivered to private PO Box, now gotta wait for civilian post office pricks - they are worse than actual snivel servants - trying to decide if I should just shoot down there and waste a day

If they treat it like a package, we will get a text; if they stuff it in the box, no notice of when they put it in

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, just delivered to private PO Box, now gotta wait for civilian post office pricks - they are worse than actual snivel servants - trying to decide if I should just shoot down there and waste a day

If they treat it like a package, we will get a text; if they stuff it in the box, no notice of when they put it in
Ya know ya wanna :cool:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's official: No Haar for me today :tantrum:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
There's an outside possibility I'll get mine tomorrow too. If so we can compare notes on the same day :D

What are you going to put yours on?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ah, this baby is smoooooth - its on an old school but authentic SMPL - just matches it perfectly and figured it would bring out the best in this baby

Only actually been vaping it for 20 minutes - the first pic was just to show off, lol.

I soaked it while I took a shower, then built it to Todd's specs to ensure no screw ups - MTL tip first, am trying the various air - so far enjoying two open holes on both sides best

.7 ohms build, 2.5 triple fused Clapton, 30/32 and Cotton Bacon V2

Am liking it better than the Hussar, and I LOVE the Hussar

Draw is more like the Haku RSA - I don't have that many RTAs, and none newer than Hussar RDTA

IMG_2082.jpeg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks awesome!!!! I don't have a Hussar or an RSA to compare it to myself. I do have a Simpl, but it's a clone and the only 18650 I have that will fit in it is the HG2 o_O

For now, I think I'm going to put mine on one of my Katanas. I'm thinking something along the lines of what you have in your yours. .7 .8 clapton.

It's out for delivery today. Which still doesn't mean anything until it's in my hand. I had one last year go out for delivery and disappear for 4 months.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Looks awesome!!!! I don't have a Hussar or an RSA to compare it to myself. I do have a Simpl, but it's a clone and the only 18650 I have that will fit in it is the HG2 o_O

For now, I think I'm going to put mine on one of my Katanas. I'm thinking something along the lines of what you have in your yours. .7 .8 clapton.

It's out for delivery today. Which still doesn't mean anything until it's in my hand. I had one last year go out for delivery and disappear for 4 months.

SMPL clones are very very good - but it will look great on whatever you use, hahaha

The little cloud design along the bottom doesn't look half bad - could still do without the Haar logo on the top piece, but the vape is worth it

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SMPL clones are very very good -
i'm sure some of them are, but the one I have will never be used. The LG HG2 is the only battery that will fit inside it.
The little cloud design along the bottom doesn't look half bad - could still do without the Haar logo on the top piece, but the vape is worth it
I like the little cloud design, but I can understand how some folks may not. They should offer one with and one without it. I might have liked the top logo to be a little smaller, but I don't really mind it.

I really jacked up my first try in it. Was in a hurry. Have to get to a job. Well, really bad juice choice. At least for this tank. Lots of really bad flavor. That's not the tank though. Also, I used CB prime for the first time in forever and a really nasty new cotton taste too. Maybe I got something on it or something.

In any case will have to play with it again later. :cool: Didn't have much time now.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Keep fighting the urge to get a new mod for it, lol

giphy.gif

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quick update. I spun up a dual twisted 28/38 316L clapton for it and cleaned it out for some much better suited juice.

Now it's awesome!!! Silky smooth airflow and rich juicy flavor.

Wrapping coils for it counter clockwise is a great idea that I forgot about, but hopefully will remember next time.

I have some other observations, but not enough time at the moment. Excellent rdtl rta. Definitely up to my expectations.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep fighting the urge to get a new mod for it, lol
The Dani Box cannot be improved upon in my opinion, but is also a couple hundred thousand light years out of my price range.

I was thinking about putting it on the Paranormal 250C. A smaller single 21700 75C driven mod would be better though. Or an SX Mini SL would be awesome too. Or even an EHPro Cold Steel.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I just quickly took Daniel's advice and set the TCR to 108 on the Katana for 316L and it's REALLY good. He said it was accurate and smooth if set to that TCR.

@~Don~ should be overjoyed :D

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The Dani Box cannot be improved upon in my opinion, but is also a couple hundred thousand light years out of my price range.

I was thinking about putting it on the Paranormal 250C. A smaller single 21700 75C driven mod would be better though. Or an SX Mini SL would be awesome too. Or even an EHPro Cold Steel.

I'm not supposed to be buying anymore gear, at least without selling something else

Dani is great and would look awesome - but I don't think I would take to the Dicodes - I hate fiddling with settings; besides, this thing shines on a mech

Have almost bought a Dani many many times though - love the simple design

I would just keep it on the SMPL but my arthritic fingers don't like bottom fire long term. Great for now but within a week, if not sooner, my fingers will tell me to cut it out

Most of my non-squonk mechs are Pinoy and a little flashy for the Haar - the design on the Haar begs for simplicity in the mod design

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i don't know if you said. What resistance are you running in yours?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can get the JacVapor Series B to go with that atty.

Lost Vape Scar would look decent

Dovpos College

A Melody

Any of the smaller SX series mods

Or my favorite cheap performer... pico

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If I was going to get something just for this, it would defo be a something in line with the look of the SMPL, but side fire and has to be mech - like an old Poldiac

Will likely end up desecrated on top of one of my highly loved iSticks LMAO

Or I might whip out a fancy Pinoy mech - I have some lovely parallels but man, busy busy busy and again, a box rather than a tube :p

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started to answer a guy on ECF about this rta and wound up with all this.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent! Truly level up quality and performance from the mainstream.

Super smooth airflow. I'm running it with the 3 holes on each side open. Side airflow inside well placed in relation to the posts so it's quite easy to get a coil in the right position for maximum flavor and vapor production. In fact it would be tougher if not impossible to get it actually wrong. You'd have to go out of your way to pull the coil up way too high or something.

Build quality also superb, but not 100% flawless. Threads ARE flawless, fit and finish is too. There are however some very minor machining marks inside the chamber that you have to look for and get the light just right to see.

Easy to build, but not the very easiest. Works best with coils wound counter clockwise. Coil needs to be held secure to keep it from worming out while tightening, but not a big deal to negotiate. Some others are far worse for this. Once secure they ARE secure.

Meaty screws and posts so it would take some enthusiasm to strip either the heads in the screws or the threads in either the screws or the posts. The screws are also placed right up against the inside of the posts so anything from thin micros to some fairly wide complex coils can be mounted with confidence.

It has a retention ring on the base that holds in the deck, which can be removed with a full tank. Very nice, but make sure it's tightened all the way when reassembling. It can give the illusion of being fully tight, but needs a bit more. It won't leak if you don't, but it will leave some small gaps.

Wicking is very easy, but use a fair bit more cotton than you might at first be inclined to use. 5 or 6 mm beyond the edge of the deck. The ports are wide and deep, but juiceflow comes from the top and onto the wicking along the outside of the deck. Not from the side or underneath. You need to have the ports full, and fluffy on top for the juice spout things to sit snugly on the cotton. This I could see somebody getting wrong and having some flooding, but quite simple to overcome if so.

Filling is a BIT fidgety, but also no big deal once you have it down. You close the juiceflow, screw off the cap, which has a pretty long travel, fill it up and screw the cap back down. If it's just been rewicked, I open the juiceflow right away. If it's being REfilled, I hit it a couple times before opening the juiceflow, just as an extra measure to avoid too much juice in the chamber. Not an absolute necessity.

The drip tip is a 2 piece affair with a SS base and interchangeable top pieces with a larger and smaller bore depending on what you prefer. It will sit crooked because of the way it goes into the chimney with one o-ring. and the cap with the other. You can push on it all day long and will NOT go in straight. Give it a little twist while pushing it in and it goes fully in and straight and stays that way :confused:

Superb rdtl vape. That's it's wheelhouse. Which makes sense because that's Todd's wheelhouse too. It's neither a big air cloud chaser nor really mtl either, though you could tighten it up and be happy with it I suppose.

Wow, I went way outta hand here, but I'm sure I forgot something anyway.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Looks good on the aspire mixx

I still can't decide if I like the look of that thing or not

Being made in partnership with Sunbox gives it serious gravitas though - if the pass through works properly

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Being made in partnership with Sunbox gives it serious gravitas though - if the pass through works properly
I do like it. I don't know if we're still allowed to say things like this anymore, but it does have a more masculine look to it in my opinion.

I'm a fan of TC. Not slavishly, but I use it in many cases where the mod and the atomizer work well with it. I'm heavily inclined to just leave it on the Katana. With some quick TCR twiddling 25 watts and 420F is vaping really great actually.

i do like the MIXX. I just don't know if it would really improve the actual vape though. I don't know anything about the circuit it uses. I would like the look of the setup better.

I got 2 Katanas for 8 bucks each though :D I love good stuff cheap. And while not intended to be user replaceable, I could fairly easily replace the 18650 inside it.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I do like it. I don't know if we're still allowed to say things like this anymore, but it does have a more masculine look to it in my opinion.

It's Steam Punk meets Art Decco - which I typically like both, not sure about together

I'm a fan of TC. Not slavishly, but I use it in many cases where the mod and the atomizer work well with it. I'm heavily inclined to just leave it on the Katana. With some quick TCR twiddling 25 watts and 420F is vaping really great actually.

Never liked TC much either - give it a whirl every year or so, not worth the hassle IMO

i do like the MIXX. I just don't know if it would really improve the actual vape though. I don't know anything about the circuit it uses. I would like the look of the setup better.

If bypass works well on it, it would be a great vape

I got 2 Katanas for 8 bucks each though :D I love good stuff cheap. And while not intended to be user replaceable, I could fairly easily replace the 18650 inside it.

iSticks are my fave cheapos - some of mine are over 5 years old at this point

They look like hell, but vape away, no matter how ratty they look - and they are looking pretty shitty at this point, lol

But, did see a perfect Taifun tube with side throw - I'm thinking about it....

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

If the chipset is aspires I have no doubt it will, not used it mind but based on previous mods I’ve used of theirs they work well ...battery threads were bit iffy on the squonker they released maybe something to check up on for this

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If the chipset is aspires I have no doubt it will, not used it mind but based on previous mods I’ve used of theirs they work well ...battery threads were bit iffy on the squonker they released maybe something to check up on for this

The Revvo was pretty good for the price - never had a problem with the 510 on mine thank goodness

Only Aspire mod I ever had - I was surprised at how solid it was, especially considering the price point. There was noticeable sag though

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For now, I think I'm happy with the Haar on the Katana. It's actually a really good matchup.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I found a 22 side throw Taifun mech that would be perf with this, but with the self-imposed rule I have to sell before buying anything new, can't find a lot I'm willing to part with to raise the cash with vapocolypse looming

This thing was great on the SMPL, but my arthritic fingers don't enjoy bottom fire tubes for everyday use

I do have some flashy Pinoy parallels I might whip out - see how they look with it

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Whipped out a mech from the stash - the Haar deserves a little more respect than my highly distressed iSticks :giggle:

IMG_2128.jpeg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
First trip to the beach (thanks for nothing Covid)

And ratty old stylishly distressed iStick it is for sandy environsIMG_2240.jpeg

Design, draw and waiting till actual users have it in their hands for "real" feedback, I agree with 100%

As for the Hong Kong thing, that was the decision from the start, we wanted to make something that would be more accessible but give the same performance and quality that people expect from V&D

It would have been an easy choice making this in the same location as the theatro but the cost would have been double for the consumer.

If folk buy it and like it, we'll be happy campers, if they don't, well there are plenty other options for them these days and as long as they are off the stinkie stick, I'm happy :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Looking for one right now , I am certain that I can only afford the 1:1

I must say hordes are saying Haar can outbest all other MTL ,including the highly promoted and high end purse busters ones . 👍

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll have a tough time finding a clone'd Haar right now. They appear to have been discontinued a long time ago. Even the authentic Haars are getting harder to find. Last I checked, Squape had some SS in stock and Van & Del had some DLC.

This RTA is still in my daily rotation since its release. I'm not sure how it compares to the best MTL RTAs, but I'd put it up against the best RDL vapes out there like the Imperia, Hussars, etc.

VU Sponsors