Become a Patron!

Topbox mini 9.99 ohms error

My topbox began to flash 9.99ohms a while ago but I would simply unscrew the tank a little and it would work again. I used it with no problem all last week and then Friday night it wouldn't fire up at all, it just kept flashing the 9.99. I've done some research and tried many of the things I've found. Opened up the mod to see if the wires were messed up, made sure the 510 pin wasn't stuck down, changed coils and cleaned the base of the tank to no avail. Anyone have some advice for a fix? is taking it to a shop my best option?

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How long have you had it? You might be able to get a replacement under warranty through the retailer, or if not, Kangertech. Have you tried a different tank completely?

How long have you had it? You might be able to get a replacement under warranty through the retailer, or if not, Kangertech. Have you tried a different tank completely?
Got it in march. No I haven't tried a new tank because im fairly new to vaping, so I've been just using the toptank

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, you've eliminated the coil. So that leaves the device, the battery, and the tank. To start eliminating which it could be, unfortunately, you'd need to swap things in and out. I would place my bets on the mod, but wouldn't completely count out a tank defect just yet.

Well, you've eliminated the coil. So that leaves the device, the battery, and the tank. To start eliminating which it could be, unfortunately, you'd need to swap things in and out. I would place my bets on the mod, but wouldn't completely count out a tank defect just yet.
interestingly enough it's a tank defect. I went to a shop and they took a look at it. They tried a new coil, which didn't work, then tried making sure the 510 pin was up and nothing. Then they tried a new tank and it worked with no problem. now I have to buy a new tank.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tank should be warrantied against defect. When did you buy it and where? It may be that they will assess it as damage, and not honor a warranty. When I've seen this happen, it's been because my wife dropped a tank bottom on a hard surface and dented the threaded (negative pole, I think) portion, causing a short.

Tank should be warrantied against defect. When did you buy it and where? It may be that they will assess it as damage, and not honor a warranty. When I've seen this happen, it's been because my wife dropped a tank bottom on a hard surface and dented the threaded (negative pole, I think) portion, causing a short.
bought it in march off ebay. it's definitely authentic because the codes are good.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Past 90 days... I don't know if Kanger would replace it even if they don't think it's damaged. Luckily Labor Day Sales mean someone is going to have these cheaper than normal.

VU Sponsors