Become a Patron!

Toptank RBA Plus vs Mini RBA Plus

Backnine951

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello,

I have a kangertech top tank mini currently and the top tank mini RBA plus. I cannot run over 30 watts without dry hits. I believe that an RBA with bigger holes would allow bump up the wattage. I've drilled this one out as far as I can as the holes are near the threads. The Mini RBA plus (v2 I believe) has larger holes and are a little lower as well. My question is, how do they work in comparison to the current RBA I have. Is there anything else I can do. Even at under 30 watts, high usage will also cause dry hits.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried and tried with this tank and rba.

My only solution? Buy an RTA. Can get a decent one for like $20. Will be better all around cuz the whole tank is designed to be rebuilt and only rebuilt.

I think on tanks with factory coils, the rba is an afterthought, and not really what it is made for.

Edit: agree with the post below. I like high vg. Never had problems with 50/50ish juices in this tank.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello,

I have a kangertech top tank mini currently and the top tank mini RBA plus. I cannot run over 30 watts without dry hits. I believe that an RBA with bigger holes would allow bump up the wattage. I've drilled this one out as far as I can as the holes are near the threads. The Mini RBA plus (v2 I believe) has larger holes and are a little lower as well. My question is, how do they work in comparison to the current RBA I have. Is there anything else I can do. Even at under 30 watts, high usage will also cause dry hits.
juice flows better at 50/50 vg/pg,,thick juice is kind of hard to flow

Backnine951

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm running 50/50 now. As for a new tank, isn't the toptank a great tank? I hear that it's one of the best sub'ers out there

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm running 50/50 now. As for a new tank, isn't the toptank a great tank? I hear that it's one of the best sub'ers out there
Good tank. Far from the best as a rebuildable. Gave mine away. But I like a high vg heavy hitting vape. Definitely not this tanks specialty.

Backnine951

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had my eye on the rx200s and smok tf G4. May be as good a time as ever to grab them and never complain again

VU Sponsors