Become a Patron!

Trouble unscrewing components of Kanger Toptank

peachyclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I just got the Kanger Topbox Mini kit about three weeks ago as an upgrade from my first mod, the Joyetech eGo AIO. So this is my first experience with detachable tanks and adjustable wattage. For some reason, I've had some awful trouble with unscrewing components of the tank from time to time. For instance, one time it took me about an hour to unscrew the very top portion to allow me to put more juice in. And today I can't seem to unscrew the bottom portion of the tank to remove the glass part (but not the coil) so that I can clean the tank between juice flavors, if that makes sense. I was just at my local vape shop and got one of these little gripper things, but inevitably, it keeps slipping down so that it ends up adjusting the air flow rather than removing the glass part as I'm trying to do. In my efforts to unscrew these parts, I've already rubbed off some of that beautiful black paint, and it's INSANELY frustrating to be wrestling with this when all I want to do is put some more juice in and get to vaping. Anyone else experience this? What else can I do that won't leave my beautiful new mod all scratched up? I know, I know, the first step is probably to stop over-tightening, but I've heard people say Kangers are known for leakage so I figured if everything's tightened down really well, it won't leak. Thanks all!

GtownGeorge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have 2 Kanger top tanks and I have no problem with them leaking. Once I had a problem getting the top off. What I do is always wipe off the threads and the top of the inside when I refill. That helps a lot. When complete disassembly is needed I open up and soak them in hot water. Hope this helps.

henry.alameda

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Top box mini too, the red one, and the vapor clouds just weren't there for me, so I went and grabbed a Sigelei 213 W and then I just bought a TVL colt 45 competition Hybrid mod. Havent got my TVL in the mail yet but damn I'm pretty stoked! and the Sigelei's are nice Af! Y'all be sure to check them out..

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
O-rings create the seal. Not the threads. Don't crank it down so hard.

Of the two pieces stuck together, rub a piece of ice on the one with the male threads for 10 seconds. (The piece that threads into the other). That should shrink it enough to help you get it apart. I have to do that to one of my atomizers sometimes. Works for me.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep, ice can help. Sometimes the pressure you use to try to unstick it ends up sticking it worse. With it clean and free of juice use rubber or latex gloves for grip and lightly work your way around, gripping in different places while trying to turn it. You may find a spot where what seemed stuck completely releases easily. A little juice on the rings and not too much pressure when you re-assemble should prevent a recurrence.

Deovindice

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Interesting to know about the ice, I had mine on crazy tight a few days ago. I was paranoid about it leaking in my pocket so I guess I went a little nuts. I'll have to remember this.

peachyclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Deovindice, that was exactly my concern. I'll have to try the ice sometime - I went over to a friend's house and he was able to unscrew it for me. I'll also have to remember not to over-tighten! I haven't had a problem with mine leaking yet. Thanks all!

VU Sponsors