https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
just after I came here, somebody burnt themselves with a mod in bed. but I don't remember who it was, now that I think about it.
that was a really long time ago ! like 4 months :giggle::facepalm:
That was me... it took a year but finally healed up
I layed on top of a mechmod and didn’t realize it was firing until flames

- edit: Cromwell is not a mod.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I's like to believe they will leave our sources of Nicotine alone, but I think that's just wishfull thinking. as for hardware..I got all I need.
Agree on that. and curtailing the sale of freebase nic would be pretty easy to do.

what ? are you referring to the bed mod ?(or something like that)

My workshop/garage burned up.
A lifetimes collection of tools and such.
And some assholes make fun of it.

Ohh well if he so enjoys showing his ass publicly, so be it.
yet another person that deserves to be jabbed with a sharp stick.

That was me... it took a year but finally healed up
I layed on top of a mechmod and didn’t realize it was firing until flames

- edit: Cromwell is not a mod.
Perhaps you should not have let pusvape know that.

Last edited by a moderator:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Perhaps you should not have let pusvape know that.

It was painful to watch him get worked up, despite the fact that you don’t have a badge.
Almost ironic: i guess anyone can miss the obvious.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was painful to watch him get worked up, despite the fact that you don’t have a badge.
Almost ironic: i guess anyone can miss the obvious.
He hates/stalks me because I do not agree with his politics...
I agree with very few political things.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh well.
No peeking at the assholes on ignore even if they do post on my thread.

Just to let all the non assholes know.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh well.
No peeking at the assholes on ignore even if they do post on my thread.

Just to let all the non assholes know.

hey-heres-a-hat-27538354.png

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
well now that smoking is in decline they have to get back money there loosing some how... thats why they still think vape flavors are for kids despite most vendors never sell to minor directly anyway

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Not intended as for/against any one person or political party but, I don’t agree with ““Trump” wants…”

A budget has to be, among other things, approved. Approved by the masses and those that vote yay/nay. Therefore its content for being approved has to appeal to the masses. Those masses include all those civilians/entities/yay/nay voters that feel vaping needs to be regulated. Vapers are a very small minority, and taxation is a form of regulation.

Sure, the buck stops at the top. So does governing for the masses. No single person wrote or came up with the proposed budget and to think or state 1 did is pretty silly.

The title of the thread would be accurate as US Budget wants…or, New Budget proposes,,,and saying a single person wants, is just a way to shed negative political light.

So much for the disclaimer…

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not intended as for/against any one person or political party but, I don’t agree with ““Trump” wants…”

A budget has to be, among other things, approved. Approved by the masses and those that vote yay/nay. Therefore its content for being approved has to appeal to the masses. Those masses include all those civilians/entities/yay/nay voters that feel vaping needs to be regulated. Vapers are a very small minority, and taxation is a form of regulation.

Sure, the buck stops at the top. So does governing for the masses. No single person wrote or came up with the proposed budget and to think or state 1 did is pretty silly.

The title of the thread would be accurate as US Budget wants…or, New Budget proposes,,,and saying a single person wants, is just a way to shed negative political light.

Well yes of course your right ...that was the entire point that @hellcatrydr was making, that Cromwell purposely worded the title in the thread as a result of his chronic butthurt over Trump winning an election rather than as you say a wholesale goverment policiy that is prevelant...whereupon Cromwell after being called out for his dishonesty.... childishly decided to call @hellcatrydr a dickless wonder....

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Call it what you will, it is the proposed budget presented by Trump's administration from the executive office

It is the president's budget

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It is his budget he submitted. the demoncrats nor the public compiled this budget.
He cannot blame this on others.
Yep it must be approved by congress.
But he is supposed to be in control of what he submits.

And yes the masses approve of taxing vaping because we are such a minority. They have been crapping on smokers for decades and we are far fewer than smokers.
Ironically the taxes may wind up keeping vaping alive in the US as the govt will not want to cut it's income from the taxes.

But I did not intend for this to be a political thread as both parties crap on vaping pretty equally.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Call it what you will, it is the proposed budget presented by Trump's administration from the executive office

It is the president's budget
yeah really. ......let's see how the Democrats vote on it.....wanna place some money on the outcome?

It is his budget he submitted. the demoncrats nor the public compiled this budget.

And yes the masses approve of taxing vaping because we are such a minority. They have been crapping on smokers for decades and we are far fewer than smokers.
Ironically the taxes may wind up keeping vaping alive in the US as the govt will not want to cut it's income from the taxes.

But I did not intend for this to be a political thread as both parties crap on vaping pretty equally.
OH mamy mamy that mean old orange man forced me to vote for it....I didn't want too, but I was afraid he was going to have Putin firebomb my house if I didn't........sound familiar bobbie...sort of like Bush's War....that every single democrat in Congress voted for.....LOL.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
why are you guys making this political?
we are ripe for a sin tax.
it's gonna happen no matter which party is in charge.
i've been expecting that forever.
there is no party that won't feel smugly virtuous by hitting us evil ones with a tax.

this is a good thing. if they get plenty of cash from us, they won't ban vaping.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't worry. The only reason I'm not really worried about this is because nobody in DC takes Trump seriously anymore, he's just too insane, stupid, and probably treasonous. I'm just waiting for the impeachment proceedings to begin. Frankly I'm amazed the secret service takes their job seriously, with him as prez.

Andria
If someone slapped a #metoo on that pussy grabber it would be all over.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
really ? he's stupid ? let me ask you, how many skyscrapers have you built ? how many billions have you earned for yourself ?

insane ? for what ? trying to save this country from foreign invaders ? some of which would happily kill YOU.

treasonous ? is he the F'ing IDIOT who sent 150 BILLION, in cash on pallets, to a country that openly and actively wants to kill ALL OF US .

is he the greatest thing since sliced bread, NO. but he is LIGHT YEARS better than the alternative.
I thought he'd be a great president, being a self made rich guy...If he could shut his fucking mouth and quit grabbing vaginas.. #METOO TRUMPS ASS.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

Yes POTUS signs off on budget proposals. I have no doubt that presidents have signed proposals that include things they would rather not have but compromised. Not saying that has/has not happened here, just saying. Control isn't ...wants..., it's what will be approved. So I still think Budget Proposal includes, is accurate and Trump(or anyone else) wants...not so much so.

Well, the article says budget calls for 712ml yr and over 86% of it is covered by cigarettes. So perhaps that means about 14% of 712ml or about 1 ml yr in vape tax revenue? I think a yr ago’s est was 11ml vapers in US. Seems minuscule per vaper per yr, or per product, so maybe I’m using wrong numbers.

Deeming regs or tax. Tax better of 2 evils maybe. Hey ! So if Trump wants, we can thank him for it ? :devil: :giggle:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And a third thread #1

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It's really too bad that this wasn't in the news and media section under "bad"

If it were I wouldn't have reposted it like a dumbass.:facepalm:

I lose for not using the search feature.:(

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought he'd be a great president, being a self made rich guy...If he could shut his fucking mouth and quit grabbing vaginas.. #METOO TRUMPS ASS.
You forgot to add he is a Nazi and a Russian spy.....and he assassinated JFK..

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes POTUS signs off on budget proposals. I have no doubt that presidents have signed proposals that include things they would rather not have but compromised. Not saying that has/has not happened here, just saying. Control isn't ...wants..., it's what will be approved. So I still think Budget Proposal includes, is accurate and Trump(or anyone else) wants...not so much so.

Well, the article says budget calls for 712ml yr and over 86% of it is covered by cigarettes. So perhaps that means about 14% of 712ml or about 1 ml yr in vape tax revenue? I think a yr ago’s est was 11ml vapers in US. Seems minuscule per vaper per yr, or per product, so maybe I’m using wrong numbers.

Deeming regs or tax. Tax better of 2 evils maybe. Hey ! So if Trump wants, we can thank him for it ? :devil: :giggle:
unfortunately I fear one will not come without the other, the Taxes will come with control ....the end game of every federal regulation in America is to make it so difficult and expensive to meet federal regulations, that the common man will be driven out of the industry, and the only man left standing in the industry will be uber rich globalist corporations.

He makes himself look bad. I don't have to make lies up to do it for him
really?..his approval ratings among the actual people at this time in his presidency is higher than Obama's was, you are just spouting a flase narritive created by the huge corporate globalist propoganda millls we affectionately refer to as the "fake news" networks.

He makes himself look bad. I don't have to make lies up to do it for him
sure you do.........

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's really too bad that this wasn't in the news and media section under "bad"

If it were I wouldn't have reposted it like a dumbass.:facepalm:

I lose for not using the search feature.:(
naah.
I just try and keep us with what is going on in the list new thread thingy.
I only tend to use search if I forgot where something was.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You had the same attitude with the last president's budget proposals and such?

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't care which side of the aisle this is coming from, it sux regardless. We have become so conditioned to being taxed that we just shrug it off as if it has little significance yet in truth, it is yet another form of control that seeks to dictate how you live your life or at the very least, profit from what they consider a vice. Obviously the specific (or at least the stated ) intent is to steer you away from a specific product by penalizing you severely if you choose to do so anyway, which of course, is a win-win situation for government. However that hardly makes it just or even ethical and frankly, I wonder if it would stand up to a constitutional challenge should one have pockets deep enough to pursue it.

If the government has the right to limit my choices then shouldn't they also bear some responsibility when said choice proves toxic, i.e. smoking cigarettes? They have known for decades that smoking is hazardous yet cigarettes remain readily available. I guess the sickness and deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans as a result is okay though as long as they get to line their pockets thru 'sin' taxes and kickbacks from the tobacco industry. If they kept their nose out of my business then I'd have no argument and nobody to blame but myself but instead of actually trying to help smokers quit they simply turned it into an easy means to bring in revenue under the guise of 'protecting the populace' and that's just plain wrong.

Maybe we need to organize as a religion? What do you think ... Bothers and Sisters of the Vape perhaps? At least that way we might be able to secure a small modicum of protection to make our own decisions as it pertains to vaping. :D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't care which side of the aisle this is coming from, it sux regardless. We have become so conditioned to being taxed that we just shrug it off as if it has little significance yet in truth, it is yet another form of control that seeks to dictate how you live your life or at the very least, profit from what they consider a vice. Obviously the specific (or at least the stated ) intent is to steer you away from a specific product by penalizing you severely if you choose to do so anyway, which of course, is a win-win situation for government. However that hardly makes it just or even ethical and frankly, I wonder if it would stand up to a constitutional challenge should one have pockets deep enough to pursue it.

If the government has the right to limit my choices then shouldn't they also bear some responsibility when said choice proves toxic, i.e. smoking cigarettes? They have known for decades that smoking is hazardous yet cigarettes remain readily available. I guess the sickness and deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans as a result is okay though as long as they get to line their pockets thru 'sin' taxes and kickbacks from the tobacco industry. If they kept their nose out of my business then I'd have no argument and nobody to blame but myself but instead of actually trying to help smokers quit they simply turned it into an easy means to bring in revenue under the guise of 'protecting the populace' and that's just plain wrong.

Maybe we need to organize as a religion? What do you think ... Bothers and Sisters of the Vape perhaps? At least that way we might be able to secure a small modicum of protection to make our own decisions as it pertains to vaping. :D

The Church of the Clouds?
And maybe coin a new term?
Antivapeticism?
Need to create a stigma on those who persecute us.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pray to the great Modfather in the clouds for freedom from persecution my brethren in vapor.
Our meditation mantra will be Ohm.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is what I found today about this laughable budget:

From https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/11/us/politics/trump-budget.html

"The budget is unlikely to have much effect on actual spending levels, which are controlled by Congress. Democratic leaders in both the House and the Senate pronounced the budget dead on arrival on Sunday, and Mr. Trump’s budgets largely failed to gain traction in previous years, when fellow Republicans controlled both chambers."

However, just on the off chance that some greedy idiot succeeds in passing some law that insists that "vaping" be taxed $100 million... I read a stat, which may or may not be true, but it said that vapers may be around 10% of the population, so maybe about 32 million-ish... which would bring that $100 million debt to something just over $3 per person. If we're only about 5% of the population, then maybe about $6-$7.

I disagree with the principle of the thing, but I don't think we'll need to file for bankruptcy over it.

Andria

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what I found today about this laughable budget:

From https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/11/us/politics/trump-budget.html

"The budget is unlikely to have much effect on actual spending levels, which are controlled by Congress. Democratic leaders in both the House and the Senate pronounced the budget dead on arrival on Sunday, and Mr. Trump’s budgets largely failed to gain traction in previous years, when fellow Republicans controlled both chambers."

However, just on the off chance that some greedy idiot succeeds in passing some law that insists that "vaping" be taxed $100 million... I read a stat, which may or may not be true, but it said that vapers may be around 10% of the population, so maybe about 32 million-ish... which would bring that $100 million debt to something just over $3 per person. If we're only about 5% of the population, then maybe about $6-$7.

I disagree with the principle of the thing, but I don't think we'll need to file for bankruptcy over it.

It's good to see someone at least trying to do the math. I think we can simplify the equation
so everyone (besides hysterical libtards) can understand it....

Total vaping sales divided by the total tax.
$3 Billion / $100 Million = 30. The reciprocal of that is your percent-tax.
1/30 = a "tax" of 0.033 percent. ...or 33 cents for every hundred dollars you spend.

Now you're ready to decide if ya wanna join the Cromwell/Juicy-Whiskey lynchmob.

Maths is hard.
rotflmao.gif

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Why not?

The Church of Bacon is a real thing:

220px-The_United_Church_of_Bacon.jpg

https://unitedchurchofbacon.org/

Praise the Lard and pass the Holy Vape that Clouds Us. :D

I got a head start: vaping the Holy Po-Po right now.

IMG_5171.jpg

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

everyone thought he would be better, but how can anyone be better when SO MANY are trying to cut his legs off.
considering the gauntlet he is running, I think he is still doing ok. pretty tough guy, me thinks.

yeah, he REALLY NEEDS to learn how to keep his foot out of his mouth. at the same time, you can't blame a guy for sticking up for himself. he has done nothing illegal, but the libtards make him out to be the devil. all because he is not one of the
'establishment".

the coochy thing. that is just ANOTHER petty thing to bring him down.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just love all the liberals on this thread who don't want to do as Bernie, and Hilary, and Obama, and AOC have suggested they do...."pay their fair share".....LOL....y'all sound like Rush Limbaugh...

It's good to see someone at least trying to do the math. I think we can simplify the equation

1/30 = a "tax" of 0.033 percent. ...or 33 cents for every hundred dollars you spend.

Now you're ready to decide if ya wanna join the Cromwell/Juicy-Whiskey lynchmob.

Maths is hard.
rotflmao.gif

fuck you...ORANGE MAN BAD
2kqd2k.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Maths is hard.
rotflmao.gif

Math IS hard. But arithmetic... not so much. :D

As I said, I do disagree with the principle here; I think the motherfucking Tobacco Control fascists should put their money where their BIG FAT BOSSY MOUTH IS -- THEY are the ones who instigated all the taxation on tobacco, and they're the ones who were so absolutely intolerant of smoking that now smoking in public is on a par with spitting on Old Glory or taking a dump on the street corner... and I'm afraid that if we all just go "well, that's not so bad," it will just be the start of another taxation scheme like that on cigarettes, a little at a time, until we're paying like 4/5 tax, 1/5 vapes, the same way it is with cigarettes.

But really... $100 million, across the entire vaping industry? As you can see from my banner down there, in less than 5 yrs of not smoking, I've NOT spent over $10k on smokes. I think even as much as $10 per person would cause very little difficulty for anyone, because those not buying smokes anymore definitely have more money than they used to.

But the principle of the thing... that just can't be tolerated. I was relieved when i saw that congress is most unlikely to approve this farce, this CRIME, of a budget. (and the part about vaping is only a FRACTION of the crime!)

Andria

Last edited:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
pulse, that can't be right.
any sin tax has got to hit us much harder.

In my observations, is is not the federal tax, but state sales taxes which are typically 'unfairly high'.
Gasoline is a pretty good tax barometer. Compare your state to the federal tax of ~ 18 cents/gallon.

VU Sponsors