jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Won this here on VU. Figured I would do a write up on it for everyone’s benefit. Many thanks to UD for the win.

This UD Vie AIO kit is pretty good for fixing your nic needs when stealth is the only option. In my opinion this device is a supplement to the vape arsenal and not a primary tool. The low power battery, small pod capacity and nic salt only design limits it to what would be considered that thing you use when you duck into a stairwell or need to “run to the restroom” real quick. I am reviewing this from the perspective of a guy who likes wide open, airy DL vapes on a mechanical device.

Here is what you get in the box.

5xNvb8N.jpg

Vie Device (300mAh battery)
Empty Pods (Quantity 2)
USB Cable
Warranty Card
User Manual

First off, I dig the almost FDE brown of this sample that I received. It’s nice for a change to get something stealth that actually looks stealth. I generally wear a suit during the day and I can have this in my hand and slide it into my sleeve very easily without anyone noticing. It truly is a stealth device, you can further stealth it out by wrapping some tape around the LED which lights up when you draw on it. There is no pocket printing, and it can be in a shirt pocket and no one notice, you could even scoot it next to your laptop and it could easily be mistaken for a big USB drive. This is an on the go device through and through.

I am not a big salt nic fan but can appreciate its place for when maximum nic is needed from minimal vape production. Sometimes, all the time one has to vape is when walking between buildings or from the car to the door and need as much as possible in the shortest window of time. Enter the UD Vie.

From out of the box to vaping one can be operational on this in roughly 1-2 minutes from box to vape.

How does it vape?
This is a very tight draw activated device. It is not unlike sucking ice cream through a straw. This is both a perk and a hindrance from my perspective because it feels a lot like a cigalike draw but delivers a maximum punch from the salts (was using 50mg nic salts for testing). It is a hindrance in the same regard as I am used to more airflow and chain vaping. Trying to do that on this device equals a dead battery and getting nic sick. Fortunately it charges from dead to full in a little more than 15 minutes.

The pods are a strange design from the others I have used. After getting it out of the package you remove the dust cover from the bottom (this serves as a cap later when installed). Then you finagle the mouthpiece off and remove the silicone fill cap, then fill through the tiny holes on either side. Dropper bottles are not going to cut it on this thing. You need a fine point bottle to fill, I shot liquids down the chimney several times which yielded juice in the mouth on several occasions.

jASvDal.jpg

Evn98Sy.jpg

UVpUETl.jpg

If you are only satisfying nic cravings you can get a half day with a few puffs each hour. It charges really quick (about 15 minutes) so you can charge it at lunch and use it to get home.

If you get a dry hit, the cartridge is not going to recover. I did on the first one and the burnt taste never left forcing me to ditch it and the second one is still going after more than a week of infrequent use. I find myself periodically pulling out the pod to check the volume as it is not immediately visible as you get down to last little bit. This is troublesome over the long term as I can not find pods readily available at this time. Fortunately the UD vie is inexpensive +/- $17 for a full kit which puts it inline with the JUUL if you factor in the cartridges and still allowing you to use whatever juice you want to use.

It is also reasonable to assume by the design of this that if a person were reasonably determined that they might be able to rebuild the thing if they wanted to. I will not be doing this, but if one were in a bind it could probably be done.

Overall this is a good choice for stealth vaping. I would like to see availability of replacement pods and hopefully at a price point lower than the empty JUUL pods for which this was designed to compete with. At this point i would consider this to be a disposable unit meant to be discarded once the pods are used up putting it on the higher $$$ side of disposable pod stick devices.

You can get more info from the manufacturer's website.

VU Sponsors