Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So glad this came out. Only if our retarded politicians would understand this.
Big Tobacco, & Pharma has 80 lawyers trying to find a way to make something harmless into revenue. We have weathered the best of their Bull Shit, but they have to keep trying in order to make a pay check. :cool:

Mesh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd like some studies on the effects of lung-hitting 10-15 ml per day out of self-built, dry-burnt coils before I feel better about my hobby :)

Jokes aside though, this was an important study because it was by a government-associated body - it's the closest we've come in the UK to official approval and sanction. Hopefully it will help ward off crazy legislation for the time being.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I as a forward thinking Vaper have taken steps to secure my vaping hobby. I have hoarded VG PG Mods Wire, Nicotine, Atomizers, & everything else our Elected Assholes, I mean Officials can ram down my throat. Even if they ban it from every country, I can continue to save myself from tobacco. I have found the ones that know the least, yell the most. All their studies are just that. Opinion. They can pee on my leg & try to convince me it's raining, but I know better. That's how it is. :cool:

Mesh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I as a forward thinking Vaper have taken steps to secure my vaping hobby. I have hoarded VG PG Mods Wire, Nicotine, Atomizers, & everything else our Elected Assholes, I mean Officials can ram down my throat. Even if they ban it from every country, I can continue to save myself from tobacco. I have found the ones that know the least, yell the most. All their studies are just that. Opinion. They can pee on my leg & try to convince me it's raining, but I know better. That's how it is. :cool:

Haha. To be honest, if you're happy to rebuild and DIY e-juice, I'd say you're safe (assuming you're in the US or the UK - Australia seems like a different story, where they seem to have taken killjoying to a whole other level). I can't see them going after flavour-concentrate producers, VG/PG, or even diluted nicotine. I can see them shutting down vape shops, but they probably couldn't do much about people buying hardware from China. If I can buy a bong from a head shop, surely I can get myself an RDA.

You're definitely right about the sheer level of ignorance officialdom tends to have about vaping. Breathtaking stuff usually.

mkhilario

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
  • In Singapore they will confiscate any personal vape gear in customs but your free to smoke cigarettes and buy them right in the airport duty free.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, I'm just real tired of people telling Me what is best for Me when they have lived a third as long as Me. Way I see it, if I want to chew on tampons on my land, it's MY damn business. I have already been where they have yet to go. I bought some tobacco seeds last year & planted them just to see if they would grow. They did. When they got as big as they get, I yanked them from the ground & hung them in the garage. Then threw them in the burn barrel. They got smoked, just not like some fool thought they would. :)

TangoWhisky

Member For 4 Years
"Mmmm...tampons...Doh!" (Simpson, H. 2015)

Seriously though, England seems to be very much in favour of vaping. We are seeing it everywhere - on our streets and in our workplaces. It would take something quite significant to change momentum at this point and would be a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Last edited:

Mesh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"Mmmm...tampons...Doh!" (Simpson, H. 2015)

Seriously though, England seems to be very much in favour of vaping. We are seeing it everywhere - on our streets and in our workplaces. It would take something quite significant to change momentum at this point and would be a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Look at the anti-vaping legislation going through in Wales though, despite opposition from anti-smoking groups and health organisations like Cancer Research UK. What makes it more worrying are all the moronic arguments being used - vaping will 'normalise smoking', it is a 'gateway to tobacco', etc. Politicians seem to lose any capacity for rational thought when it comes to this issue.

TangoWhisky

Member For 4 Years
I'm just over the bridge in Bristol. Crazy that I can travel just a few miles and face the wrath of the Welsh prohibition movement...

Think I'll stay over here!

Mesh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm just over the bridge in Bristol. Crazy that I can travel just a few miles and face the wrath of the Welsh prohibition movement...

Think I'll stay over here!

I was in Bangor the other month vaping it up in a pub in front of a friendly landlord while waiting for my train back. Saying that though, it was early afternoon and the place was almost empty. Still, a small reason for optimism I suppose :)

TangoWhisky

Member For 4 Years
I was in Bangor the other month vaping it up in a pub in front of a friendly landlord while waiting for my train back. Saying that though, it was early afternoon and the place was almost empty. Still, a small reason for optimism I suppose :)
I only ever vape outside unless I'm at home or in my local vape shop. Although vapor is not smoke and vaping is not smoking, it doesn't feel right to me to vape indoors in public places. I guess it's the programming lingering from the days of yellow fingers. I remember smoking freely in pubs and restaurants before the ban though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mesh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I only ever vape outside unless I'm at home or in my local vape shop. Although vapor is not smoke and vaping is not smoking, it doesn't feel right to me to vape indoors in public places. I guess it's the programming lingering from the days of yellow fingers. I remember smoking freely in pubs and restaurants before the ban though.

I vape in pubs, bars and restaurants all the time. I do it very discreetly so it's hardly noticeable, but basically I vape until a member of staff notices and tells me not to (which hasn't happened more than three or four times in the last two or so years). Frankly I don't see what the fuss about.

TangoWhisky

Member For 4 Years
I vape in pubs, bars and restaurants all the time. I do it very discreetly so it's hardly noticeable, but basically I vape until a member of staff notices and tells me not to (which hasn't happened more than three or four times in the last two or so years). Frankly I don't see what the fuss about.
I know what you mean. I guess it's about not playing into the hands of the anti-vaping lobby and their irrational fears. Personally, I'd like to return to '1970's office' (but a clean version) with my phone in one hand, box mod in the other - while I'm making my deals...Can't see it happening though.

"Sorry boss, what were you saying? I was just loading up my dripper!"

Mesh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know what you mean. I guess it's about not playing into the hands of the anti-vaping lobby and their irrational fears. Personally, I'd like to return to '1970's office' (but a clean version) with my phone in one hand, box mod in the other - while I'm making my deals...Can't see it happening though.

"Sorry boss, what were you saying? I was just loading up my dripper!"

Haha one day hopefully. In meantime, I'll continue perfecting my stealth vaping technique. Hard to do with these sub-ohm tanks (never mind RDAs) but not impossible ;)

VU Sponsors