Become a Patron!

Uncle Junks Jon Wayne

bcollier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been looking forever for a Jon Wayne Clone, that stuff is so goood but soooo expensive!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have been looking forever for a Jon Wayne Clone, that stuff is so goood but soooo expensive!
I know you've been searching for that a long time. Who makes that, and what's it taste like?

bcollier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I

I have gotten close, real close. I have used TFA Double RY4, FA-caramel,butterscotch and just a smidgin of Anise

Well it sounds like you're nearly there already! What's not right about your results? Is there a flavor missing, one flavor that isn't quite right, different balance of the flavors, not sweet/creamy/rich enough, or what?

If you were very close, I wouldn't be surprised if different versions caramel/b'scotch put you closer. I'll bet a little more experimenting would be worth your time!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
also you want to think on the sweeteners.. blends are sometimes not what they seem too..
try something like:

.5%:
Em
Sweetener

it's not a creamy vape.. but, one drop of a sweet cream might not hurt.. and will blend the buttery caramel in a bit better..

also.. on tobbys.. you might want to try a bit of 555 along with the RY4 double..

like:

1% 555
4% RY4 double

on the caramel bits..

like:

1% Caramel Original
2% Butterscotch

I'd also add in some Smooth at around 1-2%

and do not forget.. with your Anise.. try a drop of absinthe with the drop or Anise..

the secrete is blending.. :)

so to clean this up a bit:

1% 555
4% RY4 double
1% Caramel Original
2% Butterscotch
1-3% Smooth
.5% Em
.5% Sweetener

1 drop each of Anise and Absinthe and french vanilla* per 10ml
forgot to add a "creamy" in there..:oops:

personally, i wouldn't use the tpa tobaccos anymore.. there are much nicer ones out.. and nets are easy to make..

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
TFA's Absinthe is just star anise essential oil in alcohol: http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/componentlist.aspx?sku_search=348715 I believe FA's Anise is also star anise essential oil, so I've used the two interchangeably. The companies may use slightly different dilution base/strength, but if there's a flavor difference, I sure can't taste it.

My example i just posted.. by using at least 2 of the same "tastes" if it is tobaccos, caramels, creams or sugars.. blending is the key.. to add 2 of the same, only means it might have a chance to become "fuller".. I dislike vaping single flavors.. I like body, taste, and knowing it is at least good for me..

Might try it sometime, HIC.. ;) sometimes, just using different company "takes" can change a recipe.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Might try it sometime, HIC.. ;) sometimes, just using different company "takes" can change a recipe.

Oh I totally agree with you there, SmokyB! As long as they're not identical single ingredients... to my taste, star anise essential oil = star anise essential oil.:)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Oh I totally agree with you there, SmokyB! As long as they're not identical single ingredients... to my taste, star anise essential oil = star anise essential oil.:)

taste is subjective :D haha!!

but.. even tho it might taste the same.. try one at say a 50/50 and another with say 75/25..
playing with flavors and additives is a fun way of learning what you like and don't.. ;)

btw and off topic.. have you ever done any "extracts" of the star anise??:D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
SmokyB, I used to use 75/25 PG/VG, moved to max-VG to minimize my tinnitus. I shouldn't even be vaping the PG in flavorings, but I find I can get away with a little.

Why would I extract star anise with TFA and FA to do it for me? lol!
Nah - only extracts I've ever done is Stevia rebaudiana (had extra plants) and a chocolate mint I hybridized. Not for vaping, just for the kitchen.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
was just curious.. being that you and i both have pg issues.. ;)

and yes.. 80/20 if not higher for me.. :p

I

I have gotten close, real close. I have used TFA Double RY4, FA-caramel,butterscotch and just a smidgin of Anise
I too am infatuated with this flavor but the cost is killing me. Would really like to start making it if I could. Looking all over for a recipe and you seem to be the only one talking lol. I hope you've been successful. Can you help me out?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
from what I know of john wayne juice.. ry4 is not it..

try with a 555/turkish
a 2:1 butterscotch/caramel
and some amaretto with a drop or 2 of bav cream

perhaps some anise..

Definitely part of the RY family, but the RY tobaccos are not used.. ;)

I'd also drop some apple cider vinegar and maybe some ap in that. :D

try with a 555/turkish

perhaps some anise..

Wow, I didn't expect a response so fast lol. Great! Thanks Smoky! Is this something you have tried before? Also, these tobacco flavors, you suggested going with some other place than TPA? With the Jon Wayne flavor in mind who would best be the one to get the 555 or turkish tobacco from in your opinion?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, I didn't expect a response so fast lol. Great! Thanks Smoky! Is this something you have tried before? Also, these tobacco flavors, you suggested going with some other place than TPA? With the Jon Wayne flavor in mind who would best be the one to get the 555 or turkish tobacco from in your opinion?

dk tab 555 >tpa
turkish >inawera

if you had noticed up above, i did reply earlier.. :p but I was wrong on the ry4 being in it..

sometimes you need nothing but time to steep/age a juice.. sometimes you can tell straight from a fresh bottle..
then again, I claim nothing from these.. as it is just "my" interpretation of a juice, either based off of:

what I taste or what others say they taste..

the best way is to know your flavors and find your spot from there..:)

dk tab 555 >tpa
turkish >inawera

if you had noticed up above, i did reply earlier.. :p but I was wrong on the ry4 being in it..

sometimes you need nothing but time to steep/age a juice.. sometimes you can tell straight from a fresh bottle..
then again, I claim nothing from these.. as it is just "my" interpretation of a juice, either based off of:

what I taste or what others say they taste..

the best way is to know your flavors and find your spot from there..:)
Cool! Thank you so much for the help. This is going to be my first DIY attempt and I know I probably should start with something a little less comlex but if I even get close I'll be happy. I know I'll probably be tweeking for weeks but it'll be worth it if it turns out. Thanks again for the Help Smoky :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Cool! Thank you so much for the help. This is going to be my first DIY attempt and I know I probably should start with something a little less comlex but if I even get close I'll be happy. I know I'll probably be tweeking for weeks but it'll be worth it if it turns out. Thanks again for the Help Smoky :)

just a small tip..

find your spot with each flavor, first..
then.. you can blend those flavors together and adjust them.
if you keep in mind.. what tastes good for me, might not for someone else, you will do fine..
congrats on starting up diy.. it's a bunch of fun, once you get the hang of things ;)

bcollier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

try with a 555/turkish

perhaps some anise..

Thanks Smoky! I have comptiplated not using the RY4D even though the original sure smells like it is in there. Gonna give it a shot though! I think everything else I got in there is pretty close, so yeah it could be that the RY is throwing it off. We will see!!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Smoky! I have comptiplated not using the RY4D even though the original sure smells like it is in there. Gonna give it a shot though! I think everything else I got in there is pretty close, so yeah it could be that the RY is throwing it off. We will see!!

most of the "desert" tobbys smell alike, or at least to me..
picking out what is what, is more subjective to what one tastes.. but to be considered that ry-ish..
there is always caramel/butterscotch and cream.. guess i enjoyed it too much as I don't vape it often anymore..
try out most any type of tobby with the above.. play with your flavors and levels..
pretty sure if you can't come close, you might make something ever better!:)

L

Lighty269

How far did you get with this recipe? I taste some Nutmeg in it?

BIGJ541

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well John Wayne is still my all time fav E juice's. I have done a small amount of research trying to come up with something similar for the same reasons the real stuff is $$$$. I know there is a interview with the creator of uncle Junks and he states that John Wayne has 9 extracts in it. I have not had time to do DIY like I would like to but when I get the chance I plan to try again. I have done various different mixes of Ry4, Ry4 double, butter scotch, caramels, and so on and some are good but to me its all missing something to do with the sweet in it. I can guarantee there's some other tobacco in than RY4 I just don't know what or have had the $$ to order everything I would like to try. I have also started to play with some other types of sweeteners other than the reg TFA FA and so if I find anything that points John Wayne I will post it for sure.

phipp13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I could swear i tasted i touch of anise in it. Jon Wayne is all i vape and i would love to be able to clone it also. I will post any progress I make. Phipp

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
:)
so to clean this up a bit:

1% 555
4% RY4 double
1% Caramel Original
2% Butterscotch
1-3% Smooth
.5% Em
.5% Sweetener

1 drop each of Anise and Absinthe and french vanilla* per 10ml
forgot to add a "creamy" in there
..:oops:

personally, i wouldn't use the tpa tobaccos anymore.. there are much nicer ones out.. and nets are easy to make..

Just a note.. mine does have a combo note at the bottom for drops.. :D

phipp13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I gotta get back in the lab and do some more work on it for sure!.

MagnumPIE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is from one of the top sellers of John Wayne:

"This tobacco flavored vape is one of the smoothest tobacco flavors out there! Saddle up and vape this.
Flavor Profile: Tobacco, Cream, Honey/Caramel
30/70 PG/VG Ratio."

I posted this because I noticed the note of honey in there where no other previous attempts at recipes had any honey in the mix....this might be where your missing out on the sweetness. Try FA or TFA honey in small amounts...especially on the FA as it is STRONG. Start at either .15%-.25% and work your way up if you feel it needs more. With TFA you could probably start at .5% and work up from there if needed. For that thick mouth feel I saw a few saying is lacking try some TFA Smooth or some MTS Vape Wizard, just 2-3 drops per 10ML before you let it steep for a few days to give you a thicker feeling. Good Luck and let us know if you succeed in your quest! :D

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
if using fa honey, you might want to dilute it before using..
something like 1:9 or 2:8 and work up from there.. Honey can and will take over this juice.

cviers

Member For 4 Years
This is the recipe that I have been using for John Wayne and every one that tastes it says that it tastes just like the original. All of the flavors are from TFA except the 555, that is from FW.
555 1%
RY4 DBL 4%
Caramel Original 1%
Butterscotch 2%
Smooth 2%
Absinthe .5%
French Vanilla Deluxe 1%
Acetyl Pyrazine 1.5%
Ethyl Malto 1%
Shake well and let steep for 2 to 3 weeks. Can't remember where I found this recipe, but I really love it! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I have! Cindy

This is the recipe that I have been using for John Wayne and every one that tastes it says that it tastes just like the original. All of the flavors are from TFA except the 555, that is from FW.
555 1%
RY4 DBL 4%
Caramel Original 1%
Butterscotch 2%
Smooth 2%
Absinthe .5%
French Vanilla Deluxe 1%
Acetyl Pyrazine 1.5%
Ethyl Malto 1%
Shake well and let steep for 2 to 3 weeks. Can't remember where I found this recipe, but I really love it! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I have! Cindy
Anyone else tried this? I'm ready to place order for all the flavors listed if I can just get one more person to say yea, its close enough. :)

Anyone else tried this? I'm ready to place order for all the flavors listed if I can just get one more person to say yea, its close enough. :)
I've made this recipe on Vape Crafter, I'm letting it steep for a few weeks. 100% not a juice you can vape right away....that is if that site made it exactly how this is posted.

I've tried it and it is not very close to the real Jon Wayne. I have spent quite a bit of money of Jon Wayne and have steeped that recipe for over a month and compared it to the original. I am convinced that the tobacco is wrong, I know it has been said before but I'm not sure Jon Wayne uses ry4 double as a base. The anise/absinthe smells like it may be right using the recipe above but too me it tasted a bit too strong, the other problem is the sweetness is just not there and if you up EM it mutes the flavor more havent tried sucralose though. Also being that every other flavor in uncle junks line is fruit flavors I am not so sure that he isn't using a fruit for the sweetness. At a low enough percent that it doesn't come thru on the taste just increases sweetness and adds to the honey taste in the original but thats just a personal theory of mine

BUMP!

Hey yall, I myself have fiddled with this one but im not as seasoned with DIY as probably most here. I will say that a frnd bought me a bottle of Uncle Junks John Wayne, because they new i liked it and it was on sale or w/e. I saw it was 24mg.. so i cut it down to around 10mg with straight VG. Vapped it untill it was almost gone, so i added about 5ml of vg to the 5ml i had left to get me through work untill i could buy more. I noticed a creamy custardy flavor after all the diluting. Maybe it was just my tastebuds..

Im wondering if any of yall have tried diluting juice to figure out the flavors in it

atm im vapin mostly 7% DRY4 , 3% TFA Hazelnut at max vg

Tried to get a Jon Wayne substitute and it seems to be lacking a little sweetner. I am using all FA flavors mixiing
with 40 drops / ml.

4% seven leaves
2% butterscotch
1% hazelnut
1% caramel
.5% coca
.5% marshmallow
.5% vienna cream
1 - drop of anise

PuffnStuff

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Try this. Would love the feedback:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/834799/New+Jon+Wayne+v3

Been working on this for 2 years. Jon Wayne is my favorite ADV. Tastes pretty damned close to me, YMMV - working only on a 3 day steep. I've ordered more flavors than I care to admit trying to figure this one out. This one will definitely satisfy my J-Dub craving - especially when the real deal is $20+/30 ml.

Vaping it right now, I may even like it better than the real deal. I've found their flavors to be inconsistent. Sometimes I can't put it down, others times I'm like what's the deal?

Last edited:

Pnutkm

Member For 4 Years
Hey man, so I know its 7 yrs later...lol..but could you possibly share the recipe clone u have from the link above for Jon Wayne, bc it doesn't take me to that recipe..only the website, and not sure which is your recipe..or if you came up with a better clone?

if u don't mind, could u text me, I probably won't see your response on here...It would be so greatly appreciated...my name is Kevin..im really craving making Jon Wayne..its still one of the best even with all the new recipes everywhere ..im about to order some more flavors, and wanted to see which ones I might need

Edited by moderator :Removed personal info

Last edited by a moderator:

VU Sponsors