Become a Patron!

Unicorn Mods released an RDA last month and I've heard NOTHING about it. Pandemic 28 variant

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like it could be pretty good.
image_f08a9ee2-094c-4495-97d2-ec3e5bca5070_540x.jpg

image_bbfdd7a3-ebf0-4479-8c1f-da0260d68d13_540x.jpg

image_9d2a259f-22ff-4360-bdb5-bebbe7aef58d_540x.jpg

I have a few of their RDAs. I have but haven't used the Unicorn V2, and the Pandemic. This new ones deck and airflow combos on the cap look nice. I bet I'd like it. 😁.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, ...

It appears "post-less". Also appears as one I might try learning to post-less build over, again. My initial attempts learning that style of building were miserable though. Well, I'll think on it, ... :) (Reading: You go first out the plane door.)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, ...

It appears "post-less". Also appears as one I might try learning to post-less build over, again. My initial attempts learning that style of building were miserable though. Well, I'll think on it, ... :) (Reading: You go first out the plane door.)
From what I've gathered, Unicorn Mods doesn't have them yet. The owners or whoever are using them now but they're waiting on a shipment. They should be here around nov. 1st. The site is taking orders for them but it should really say: pre-order.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like it would have good flavor. Not sure how I feel about all these airflow bridges they're starting to put in rda's. Takes a standard size deck and really cuts down on the build room by the time you get two coils stuffed between the air ports hogging up room in there. Similar to the nitrous cap suddenly taking up a bunch of room and leaving little free space for the coils.

JayFiST

Member For 4 Years
Yeah what's happened to the RDA world?? They are my favorite setup over everything, with a squonk mod of course.. being the topside dual... I'd like a new bigger RDA sometime soon...

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah what's happened to the RDA world?? They are my favorite setup over everything, with a squonk mod of course.. being the topside dual... I'd like a new bigger RDA sometime soon...

I think it might be a cash problem. So many restrictions all over the place, Australia, Canada, US etc and it's possible companies are feeling it's just not a money maker. They last a long time, are a one time purchase and the cash flow after that is juice, cotton and coils. More expensive to make than pods/disposables. Plus trying to keep coming up with unique ways to do the same simple task with a market flooded with variations. So it's possible that companies are shifting to things that are disposable, bringing that repeat customer back for either single use pens, prefilled pods or pods that just wear out much more quickly and are cheaper to produce for a wider profit margin. Keeping people hooked on proprietary coils as another consumable money maker.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Q0a9sxm.jpg

It's got a big roomy deck since it's 28mm. You don't have to, but you could use big series coils in it if you want to.

On the Pouch and on the side it looks like they spelled Pandemic with a K. On the bottom it says Pandemic 28. It also says Vape or fuck off.
tZG2pgs.jpg

The other side says: You Already Dead Inside 0042. Not sure what that's about 😁.
uajZQ8t.jpg

Here's the view inside those large airflow tubes:
VQHgIeN.jpg

DXEYl4c.jpg

I cut my legs at 5.5mm. the coils are four wrap N80 SFC: 5x30/40ga. They're good reliable mech coils for me at .11-.12Ω usually. Here's a couple more pics:
hyrSn6k.jpg

gl3sLwz.jpg

I have the original Pandemic (26mm) but haven't used it yet, so I can't compare them. This RDA vapes pretty nice though. I like the airflow tube idea. I would've suggested that the tubes taper inwards similar to an RDA for Vaping's Cloud Caps. I guess the designer wanted that wide open option for bigger coils. The airflow options work well. You can play around with it and find your preferred draw. The honeycomb one is not my style (too restrictive). I like the 3 slots the best. The flavor I'm getting is well above average.

Last edited:

JayFiST

Member For 4 Years
I think it might be a cash problem. So many restrictions all over the place, Australia, Canada, US etc and it's possible companies are feeling it's just not a money maker. They last a long time, are a one time purchase and the cash flow after that is juice, cotton and coils. More expensive to make than pods/disposables. Plus trying to keep coming up with unique ways to do the same simple task with a market flooded with variations. So it's possible that companies are shifting to things that are disposable, bringing that repeat customer back for either single use pens, prefilled pods or pods that just wear out much more quickly and are cheaper to produce for a wider profit margin. Keeping people hooked on proprietary coils as another consumable money maker.
Makes perfect sense.. Just look how much longer your cotton lasts when using a squonk setup compared to dripping... I haven't bought any wire or cotton in over 2 years now and I'm a chain vaping cloud chucker.. I will never use anything other than an RDA now. Tanks are complete BS IMO. Can't stand RTA either.

Good morning.

I've just noticed this thread and just wanted to add that the pandemic 28 can be quite hard to get hold of. As soon as the batches are released there selling out extremely fast.

Cracking Rda to be fair but of coarse I maybe slightly biased lol

Have a great day all

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning.

I've just noticed this thread and just wanted to add that the pandemic 28 can be quite hard to get hold of. As soon as the batches are released there selling out extremely fast.

Cracking Rda to be fair but of coarse I maybe slightly biased lol

Have a great day all
I pre ordered both of mine. As soon as I saw a stainless steel version, I pre ordered one on the spot 😁. I get the impression they're only doing small runs. Trevor posted on Reddit that he didn't expect it's popularity (or something to that effect). If you're Trevor, again thanks for making these. It's a winner for sure.

I really like this RDA. The more I used it, the more I liked it. My #1: 28mm RDA is a tie between the Pandemic 28 and the original Nightmare. I haven't set my SS one up yet but plan on doing it soon.

Last edited:
That's awesome and no he didn't expect it to take off like it has. I'm glad you like it.
I was using the valhalla 28 before the plague edition as it was the only 28 I had to go on the Vert 2.But I do prefer the pandemic 28 it as said I am biased to Unicorn 😂

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I can’t wait to hear more about this since the Pandemic is a gtlreat RBA.

VU Sponsors