Become a Patron!

Unkamen Grade 1 Ti Wire

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I got frustrated with all the Ni200 wore I've used, regular and tempered. Hard to build with, flavor is nothing stellar, and it gunk up quickly.

I ordered 35 feet of 26 gauge, Grade 1 titanium wire from Unkamen. It was about $12 after shipping. Ordered it on a Tuesday and had it in my hands by Friday. Did my first build after wiping it down with an alcohol swab as it was a bit dirty. I did a dual coil, 10 wrap on a 3/32 drill bit came out to .21 ohms on my Velocity RDA. I also did contact coils! Woot!

I've been using it heavily for the past few days on my Evic-VT and it's been nothing short of phenomenal. Behaves perfectly with temp control at around 550 degrees, no gunk, impeccable flavor, and it was a breeze to build with. The vape is also warmer than Ni200.

I'm totally sold in titanium. Absolutely love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, saw you post about your VT in another thread. Sorry to hear it but the dust! Getting a replacement soon?

It's complicated, because it was a group buy. This means I have to wait until there's another buy, so it'll likely take months :-( Bleh!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh that's weak sauce! If it helps, the express kit can be had from eciggity for $53.99 shipped with the code 10percentoff. Hope you get your baby back soon!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh that's weak sauce! If it helps, the express kit can be had from eciggity for $53.99 shipped with the code 10percentoff. Hope you get your baby back soon!

I'm tempted, but I have the D2 coming, and in a weak moment when my VT died I ordered the Sigelei 75 watt (which I regret even before it arrives LOL)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm tempted, but I have the D2 coming, and in a weak moment when my VT died I ordered the Sigelei 75 watt (which I regret even before it arrives LOL)
Oh nice! Let me know how you like them. I've been eyeing the D2, but I think I'll wait and see what the general consensus is. I think if it's solid I'll grab that and my VT may turn out to be my back up.

Considering how much I liked my Sig100W, I'm surprised I didn't get a 75W...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh nice! Let me know how you like them. I've been eyeing the D2, but I think I'll wait and see what the general consensus is. I think if it's solid I'll grab that and my VT may turn out to be my back up.

Considering how much I liked my Sig100W, I'm surprised I didn't get a 75W...

Well, the D2 is also a group buy.....(I'm done with group buys LOL) The only reason I regret the Sigelei is that it doesn't have a Ti setting, and my own experience is that I can't get Ti to vape properly on a Ni setting (even going down more than 100 degrees in temp).

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I just ordered the sig 75 tc today to hold me over till my custom dual 350j arrives. Why are you regretting the 75 Amanda?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the D2 is also a group buy.....(I'm done with group buys LOL) The only reason I regret the Sigelei is that it doesn't have a Ti setting, and my own experience is that I can't get Ti to vape properly on a Ni setting (even going down more than 100 degrees in temp).
So how long before the D2 is in your hands? (If I get one, I'll name it R2, get it?!)

And I can't say I had a good time with nickel so I hear you there... I'm sure you could unload the Sigelei for a good price once you're all set up.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I was pretty sure I read that the sig 75 would do ti??? Oh crap that ain't good. Well at least my 350j 150 w will lolol

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been liking my spider silk wire but the price for me is a little cheaper as they are local, I was just looking at this site you named and it is like a jewelry site right? I would like to start messing with some thicker gauge like 24 and 22 but its so new it just feels weird ordering stuff not made for vaping I guess..

I figured by now a bunch of peeps would be making it like nickel but maybe I am missing something or just not searching good enough.

I have been using TI on my sig 75 and it works great, just have to lower the temp as it reads it different than nickel but I like it better as it seems to have much more room to play with:) and up to 75 watts it vapes like a monster on my tanks and tastes as good as a NI build with the temp dialed in:)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been liking my spider silk wire but the price for me is a little cheaper as they are local, I was just looking at this site you named and it is like a jewelry site right? I would like to start messing with some thicker gauge like 24 and 22 but its so new it just feels weird ordering stuff not made for vaping I guess..

I figured by now a bunch of peeps would be making it like nickel but maybe I am missing something or just not searching good enough.

No, not a lot of availability. The Ti from Unkamen is fine - at least the 26 gauge. The 24 gauge is rather rough (the acid etching), and I couldn't get the right flavor out of it. On the other hand it was far too thick for my rba bases, and I suspect my connections were bad (I had an awful taste from it).

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, not a lot of availability. The Ti from Unkamen is fine - at least the 26 gauge. The 24 gauge is rather rough (the acid etching), and I couldn't get the right flavor out of it. On the other hand it was far too thick for my rba bases, and I suspect my connections were bad (I had an awful taste from it).
Looks like I lucked out ordering the 26 gauge! I figured it would read more like 24 gauge Kanthal so I just took a stab in the dark when I ordered it. I thought I read somewhere that Lightning Vapes was going to carry Ti soon. I sure hope so. I imagine it wouldn't require cleaning like Unkamen's does.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like I lucked out ordering the 26 gauge! I figured it would read more like 24 gauge Kanthal so I just took a stab in the dark when I ordered it. I thought I read somewhere that Lightning Vapes was going to carry Ti soon. I sure hope so. I imagine it wouldn't require cleaning like Unkamen's does.

I don't have to clean my 26 gauge. I do pulse it though to burn off any gunk (being careful it doesn't get hotter than blue).

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have to clean my 26 gauge. I do pulse it though to burn off any gunk (being careful it doesn't get hotter than blue).
Oh I cleaned mine off with an alcohol swab and I got a small amount of nasty.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well damn, just ordered tempered nickel this evening, already got normal nickel, which I got from a local vape shop, but it is hard to work with as so soft, but heard the tempered is a lot better.

Had been considering ti wire, but heard mixed reviews on the spider stuff and as already mentioned, wasn't sure about ordered ti from a jewellery store, now if lightning vapes had ti, then would of grabbed some, I'm surprised they haven't got it yet.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well damn, just ordered tempered nickel this evening, already got normal nickel, which I got from a local vape shop, but it is hard to work with as so soft, but heard the tempered is a lot better.

Had been considering ti wire, but heard mixed reviews on the spider stuff and as already mentioned, wasn't sure about ordered ti from a jewellery store, now if lightning vapes had ti, then would of grabbed some, I'm surprised they haven't got it yet.
The NI is east to work with its like forming soft clay into perfection rather than manhandling kanthal:) the more I used it the more I love it!!

mstave

Member For 4 Years
Can't tell if you have a mod that has Ti temp control baked in - if not, you want to lower your temp to about 60 percent of Ni.

On another note, I have been using Ti claptoned with 36ga nich or kanthal, TC works great with these, and all the benefits of Clapton coils

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Mine just arrived, and I love it! I just set my Ti atties to around 300F or so (instead of 550f for a Ti setting) and they work fine.
@AmandaD I'm Prob going to get into TI with my sig 75 that arrives tomorrow so I'll probably hit u up fir some pointers on it if that's cool?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@AmandaD I'm Prob going to get into TI with my sig 75 that arrives tomorrow so I'll probably hit u up fir some pointers on it if that's cool?

Of course! I had read that you had to lower the temp about 100f, but in my case it was more like 200f!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So yeah... anyone want some 26 and 28 gauge tempered Ni200??

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Of course! I had read that you had to lower the temp about 100f, but in my case it was more like 200f!
I read anywhere from 75 to 60 % of the nickle setting

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Yeah I read that too. Not for me! But I vape Ni anywhere from 500-550, so that's probably why.
I'm usually between 440 to 480 at 32j so I imagine I'll be below 300. I guess by doing the cotton burn test and increasing temp you can get there too. Now just gotta decide on wire and wicks. I think my native wicks may work.

VU Sponsors