Become a Patron!

USING FOOD FLAVORINGS

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay I was told by a few people you can go to your local grocery store, buy flavor extracts and use them to mix. Know they have a little alcohol but cant that be evaporated somehow? I know you can findVG on walmart.com but wondering if I can shortcut and get flavorings as well.

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Extracts from grocery store : They need a big percentage to be effective (20%, 30%, 40% and more) and are not formulated for vaping (they can have bad molecules for the lungs).

Seriously, if you want to start in DIY juices, I would suggest you to buy Flavourart concentrates. This is the most effective and safest solution to start. And 2% to 6% by single flavor is enough.

Last edited:

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There are several venders here on the VU that sell small bottles of flavor for DIYers at rock bottom prices. A lot safer than Food Store flavors. Don't use anything with "oil" in it.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The grocery store ones will also have food coloring in 'em :(

mamajsflavorshop.com (which is great) is having a 4th of July 20% off sale, coupon code: OHMerica

ecigexpress.com has 10ml bottles and is having a 40% off sale today and tomorrow on flavorings (excluding capellas and Lorann). Code: 4THOFJULYMIXER

Ecigexpress' "signature" brand is TFA (The Flavor Apprentice). They also have Flavourart concentrates. Some of their signature brand (TFA) ones have acetoin, which is an ingredient of concern, so I'd suggest looking here in the recipe section of HICs (@HeadInClouds) recipes for mixes you might like, doing a shopping list from those, and then sticking with Flavourart for now, until you get more familiar with DIY.

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You might think--I remember thinking this--that you'd save money buying grocery store food concentrates but it's really not the case. There is really no benefit that I can see, and lots of pitfalls as already enumerated.
I just want to add my voice to the chorus recommending you NOT go with those and to check out the links above!|

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And if you are planning to just try flavoring that are not Flavourart then I suggest Wizard Labs;)

VU Sponsors