USPS 2020 Delivery Insanity & GRIPES!!!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
USPS has announced a temporary rate increase that will raise the price of all domestic shipping services during the upcoming holiday season. You can read the official announcement from USPS here. USPS is raising rates to help them cover increased costs from dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic and record-breaking shipping volumes.

October 18th–December 27th USPS temporary rate increase:
  • First Class Package: 25 cents/package
  • Priority Mail (including Flat Rate, Regional Rate, and Cubic): 40 cents/package
  • Parcel Select Ground: 40 cents/package
  • Priority Mail Express: $1.50/package
Unfortunately there's no escaping it... this increase is happening everywhere you can buy USPS postage online!

Notice courtesy of Pirate Ship

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That's some dirty shit right there.
Can't Jeff Bezos afford to pay for the rest of us?
Half the fucking packages in the truck are his and they are being shipped at half the fucking price.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What about stamps.com and all the other outlets?
There are tons of them, if they eat the cost and don't raise their prices, they'd make a killing.

Honestly, paying 25-40 cents more is not a big deal compared to the nightmare of UPS/FedEx for urban residential delivery.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What about stamps.com and all the other outlets?
There are tons of them, if they eat the cost and don't raise their prices, they'd make a killing.

Honestly, paying 25-40 cents more is not a big deal compared to the nightmare of UPS/FedEx for urban residential delivery.
It's across the board. Check the link to the PO. Stamps.com and others will certainly follow suit. I really don't think they'd want to eat the increased shipping rate considering the amount of business they do. It sucks, like so much other shit that's been laid down in 2020.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Temporary my ass. Like the 'temporary' usps slowdowns during holiday season several years ago and it just never improved or picked back up? Or the businesses that were (and probably still are) squeezing in 'fuel surcharge' fees from the rapid gas hikes we had like 12-13yrs ago. I'll buy 'temporary' when I see the prices actually drop, I think they try to calm everyone by insinuating it's 'just for now' then hoping they forget about it and just leave it as-is.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'd rather pay the extra and actually continue to have regular mail delivery.

I agree though that Amazon is killing the postal service. Guess I should cancel my Prime membership.

xZitoWarriorx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
My PO has been pretty slow... I’m not sure what the issue is, granted I live in a small little town but I don’t think there’s any excuse for how slow they’ve been. Talk to you a couple other people in my area and they’ve been having the same issue. When I pick up the priority boxes and envelopes it’s one price on the rack but when I go pay There is a price difference of 50 or $.75. They keep telling me they need to change the stickers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Temporary my ass. Like the 'temporary' usps slowdowns during holiday season several years ago and it just never improved or picked back up? Or the businesses that were (and probably still are) squeezing in 'fuel surcharge' fees from the rapid gas hikes we had like 12-13yrs ago. I'll buy 'temporary' when I see the prices actually drop, I think they try to calm everyone by insinuating it's 'just for now' then hoping they forget about it and just leave it as-is.
^^^Exactly This^^^

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This with another recent incident highlight a glaring problem in our society. That problem is the BIG get all the breaks whilst the little just scrape by.

In the case of Amazon they're large enough to set up their own delivery service. They don't and instead get subsidized post to deliver for them.

Without getting political, ... the incumbent President's people were told rules of the debate. They were told breaking the rules would get them ejected. Were they? No. Why? BIG politics is the only reasoning I can conclude.

Our society is set up to say GO BIG GET ALL THE PERKS, SCREW THE little! Everyone seems to forget oceans are made of small drops of water. The universe is made from cosmic dust particles. Our world works perfectly large as it is until one little thing goes awry.

Why are we all so stupid?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'd rather pay the extra and actually continue to have regular mail delivery.

I agree though that Amazon is killing the postal service. Guess I should cancel my Prime membership.
A thought just crossed my mind but I have no answer for it, if that makes sense.

The PO is now hurting big time with the flood of mail-in ballots (Trump's issue) about to begin, Amazon is now using the PO for deliveries again. I've been ordering a lot of things from Amazon to finish a home project. Most of the items have been delivered by the PO.

I just said Trump, Bezos and USPS in the same sentence. What's wrong with this picture? :question:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just said Trump, Bezos and USPS in the same sentence. What's wrong with this picture? :question:

Welcome to thinking like me.

Been proven Bezos is C.I.A.. Seems proven Trump is a mob boss. The postal service is a functionary used to keep it connected. Care to further connect it all? It can be done. Not sure you'd care for the picture any more than one you're currently seeing.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Welcome to thinking like me.

Been proven Bezos is C.I.A.. Seems proven Trump is a mob boss. The postal service is a functionary used to keep it connected. Care to further connect it all? It can be done. Not sure you'd care for the picture any more than one you're currently seeing.
As much as I'd like to explore the possibilities, I'm backing off this one. But hell!

BTW Kids, shipping goes up tomorrow.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I changed the thread title since delivery has gotten waaay out of hand.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
USPS can suck a big, hairy, nasty fat one!!!
So now we get to pay more for the pleasure of having our mail lost, stolen and/or destroyed.
And these assclowns want to run other parts of our lives...

View attachment 170939

The fun continues. During this holiday season had several friends ship things that just disappeared. Have had a package sent from a neighboring state that's been there for weeks. Also received a Christmas card from a friend in NY, or at least the envelope it came in. It was a card inside an envelope with a couple keepsake ink pens in it tucked inside another envelope addressed and stamped. Got it in a large clear windowed usps envelope with a note of 'sorry bout that'. Looked like it exploded, ripped 6 ways from sunday and halfassed taped back together by the postal service. Inner envelope, card and pens all missing. Just the torn to shreds outer envelope.

SUKMYVAPOR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well on a positive note usps or fedex will be not be delivering our vape mail soon and I'm sure ups is going to follow soon ... so I guess Carrier pigeons, drones any idea this whole situation is such horse shit. So my thought is they are just going to stop shipments of vape stuff as a way to snuff us out ..HUGE SIGH .. anyone know if synthetic is being considered a tobacco product yet have not found much.. alot higher but crap if need be ill pay it better than going back to smoking feeling like dog shit again.. I really miss the morning hacks, the night hacks , let's not 4 get the not being able to breath and,taste sorry about the rant lol . Im just so pissed they are going to do this to so many who just want to feel better... I just hope each of these greedy picks who signed this crap end up in a room stapped to a bed greeted by Bubba the Cajun lol man to I miss the toeknees shows. Lol ? so much better now

Wow, I think it was due to quarantine. Now I see shipping prices are dropping again, which is very encouraging. I ordered liquid and flavorings from an online store for setup. During the quarantine, I had to buy it in large batches, so I didn't have to pay for shipping all the time. I even shared an order with a friend a few times to save on shipping. Students don't have a lot of money, lol. Good thing I can track any package because the package didn't arrive, and I sent screenshots of the tracking app to the store. They always sent again me my order.

There is also the problem of fuel consumption and vehicle operation. It goes down when I cross the threshold of a few miles and then goes up. I know I'm panicking for nothing, though. I wouldn't want to spend that money on a small % on costs, but I want to save money. I have tried using the battery reserve but everything goes jerky and the car won't go. When I worked for a package tracker company there was no such thing. Although I can suspect that it's not the car itself, but the component parts.

Edited by moderator to remove link

Last edited by a moderator:

VU Sponsors