Become a Patron!

Uwell Aeglos Review

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

The Uwell Aeglos is a 1500mAh pod system with internally adjustable airflow that claims to offer both MTL and DTL vaping experiences.

DSC_0089.jpg

What do you get?

Aeglos pod system, 0.8ohm round wire coil, 0.23ohm mesh coil, type-C usb charging cable, spares
DSC_0117.jpg
First Impressions

Upon opening the box, I was met with a stubby chode of a pod system, it's very minimalist – apart from *Aeglos* at the bottom of the screen, there are no logos, metal accents, pieces of leather/carbon etc.

The aluminum body feels nice, however the plastic drip-tip feels a little thin and cheap.

Overall, it's slightly shorter the likes of the Drag X, but much lighter – even without the battery in the Drag X – the Aeglos feels lighter.
DSC_0097.jpg
Coils and Flavor

While I've been impressed with the coils from pod systems that I've reviewed recently, my main complaint has been a lack of variety, each system seems to come with a range of coils that all operate at similar wattage and offer similar vapes. So, to see a 0.23ohm and 0.8ohm come with the Aeglos was a good thing.

0.23ohm mesh coil – although these are rated from 40-45w, depending on the juice that I was using, I had decent results from 35w. With airflow fully open, I really enjoyed this coil, I'd rate the flavor as slightly better than any of the coils that I tried with the Drag X and equal to the best coils that come with the Wotofo Manik.

0.8ohm round wire coil – again, despite the rating being 20-23w, I was able to enjoy these coils from 15-20w with the airflow fully closed, I never found any reason to push it higher than 20w. It's not a super tight MTL vape, but with the combination of the tighter coil and shut down airflow, it certainly is capable of MTL. Most importantly, the flavor with this coil is excellent, it's up there with the best MTL stock-coils that I've tried so far – flavors are separated, accurate and clear, I'm impressed.

So far, coil life has been decent – I've reached 500 puffs on each coil without any leaks or drop in flavor.

The only issue that I have with the coils is that they seem to be proprietary, I can't find any information about compatibility with coils from other manufacturers or even with other Uwell devices – this is a shame, because if these were pnp compatible, I'd happily put them in other devices.
DSC_0091.jpg
Using the Aeglos

Chipset – a simple, no frills chipset – five clicks to turn on/off, holding the power down button and fire locks/unlocks the device, holding power up and fire locks/unlocks the power settings.

Screen – the screen is clear and bright with a monochrome display showing:- battery level, wattage, voltage, ohms, hit duration and puff counter.

Airflow adjustment – when you remove the pod, there is a wheel surrounding the battery connection, turn on way to close the airflow and the other to open the airflow. While I found the fully open setting to be perfect for the 0.23ohm coil and fully closed to be perfect for the 0.8ohm coil, it did seem to be all or nothing. When it's closed, it's nice and tight, but as soon as you open it a little, it feels almost fully open.
DSC_0110.jpg
Pod – removing the pod is easy, it just clips in place, but I'd rather have seen magnets. Filling the pod is easy – once you actually read the instructions and learn that the drip-tip comes off by tilting it, not by just pulling it. Just push the tip through the silicone rubber membrane and fill, the tank is clear and it's a mess-free process.

Drip-tip – although it feels cheap and plastic in your hands, it's comfortable to use, especially for DTL. While it is okay for MTL, seeing that the tip can be removed from the pod, it's a shame they didn't include an MTL tip, it would have cost next to nothing and might have made the excellent MTL experience even better.
DSC_0098.jpg
Charging – I didn't find myself charging it very often, especially with the MTL coil – however, when you do charge, it's a type-C connection and although I didn't time it, I'd guess at around an hour to charge.

Pros

Great flavor, especially with the MTL coil.
Fully open and fully closed airflow work well for each coil, respectively.
Well made, yet light.
Subtle design.
Good battery life and quick charging.

Cons

Fine adjustment of the airflow is hard.
Two drip-tips (one for MTL, one for DTL) would have been nice.
Lack of coil compatibility.
Having a magnet fit pod would have been better.

Conclusion

Over the last few months, I've been sent a lot of pod systems to review, none of them were terrible, however usually they either gather dust on a shelf once I run out of coils, or they get given away to someone who wants to start vaping. I have the feeling this won't be the case with the Aeglos, I will probably buy more of the MTL coils for it so I can keep it in my daily rotation, mainly because the flavor is really that good.

Having said all of the above, as I'm typing this I'm opening another similar pod system which might well turn out to be just as good, or even better. There really aren't a lot of shitty pod systems coming out now, this one just happens to be slightly better than most.

Disclaimer

The Uwell Aeglos was sent to me by Healthcabin for the purposes of this review. It usually retails at $39.58, however if you log into a Healthcabin account, you can purchase it for $23. Also 20% OFF Everything with coupon code: SANTA20, until December 26th.

The product I received was not marked as a sample, so this should be exactly what customers receive.

Attachments

• DSC_0098.jpg
    DSC_0098.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0098.jpg
    DSC_0098.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0097.jpg
    DSC_0097.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 1

VU Sponsors