Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown 4 Question

I just bought a Uwell Crown 4 tank today. New to vaping but it seems like an amazing aromatizer/tank. The flavor is great and the vapor consistent. Big improvement over the stock tank that came with my Mod. Before buying it I read that you can use it in TCR mode but its picky. I only have the .4 ohm 60-70w SS904L coils that came with it. Normally it comes with a .2ohm 70-80w SS904L coil but they sold that one out of my box because they were out of stock. They were also $10 higher than everybody else. Pretty shady stuff. I’m assuming they are stainless steel. If I wanted to try TC mode what would be an appropriate temp range? I bought a fireluke 2 aromatizer for TC mode but it wont be here for a couple of weeks. I’m new at this and have the IQ of a chimpanzee so any info is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What mod you using now? Aegis Solo? My quick google-foo tells me the the TCR value for 904L is 84-85, but I'm not certain as I'm not versed in 904 . Maybe someone using those coils will chime in. Once you set it go to TC mode and you can set the wattage a little higher than you use in wattage mode because it will only use the power needed to achieve the temp you set it at anyways. A little higher just gives it a faster ramp up if that's what you want. For the temp just play around with it till it vapes like you like. 300F is probably low but you can increase from there. You can change the wattage and temp to your liking.

Last edited:
What mod you using now? Aegis Solo? My quick google-foo tells me the the TCR value for 904L is 84-85, but I'm not certain as I'm not versed in 904 . Maybe someone using those coils will chime in. Once you set it go to TC mode and you can set the wattage a little higher than you use in wattage mode because it will only use the power needed to achieve the temp you set it at anyways. A little higher just gives it a faster ramp up if that's what you want. For the temp just play around with it till it vapes like you like. 300F is probably low but you can increase from there. You can change the wattage and temp to your liking.

That was extremely helpful. Ive only been vaping for a few days though and I made a mistake in my post. My mod does not have TCR mode. Just TC mode. I thought they were the same thing. Ive been researching everything vape today. I’m thinking about buying a Geek Vape Legend LE thats a step up from my current Mod that includes 100 extra watts and an extra 1850 battery and TCR mode. Still the same AS chipset. I’m actually considering purchasing a Lost Vape Paranormal with the DNA250C chipset and being done with it if I enjoy TC mode. Kind of pricey though. Thank you for the info.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Paranormal > Centaurus > Odin...
I think Odin 250C can be had for reasonable compared to usual because of holiday sale/code.
For any 2 cell mod you'll need to run it's batteries as a married pair so they get the same charge and discharge and not run either of them in a single cell mod. You can put a married pair in a different 2 cell mod, just keep them married.
For a regulated mod like that Molicel P42A or Samsung 40T are a great choice.
For dual 18650 regulated I use Samsung 30Q for 100w or less.

75C and 250C both have replay mode

Last edited:
Paranormal > Centaurus > Odin...
I think Odin 250C can be had for reasonable compared to usual because of holiday sale/code.
For any 2 cell mod you'll need to run it's batteries as a married pair so they get the same charge and discharge and not run either of them in a single cell mod. You can put a married pair in a different 2 cell mod, just keep them married.
For a regulated mod like that Molicel P42A or Samsung 40T are a great choice.
For dual 18650 regulated I use Samsung 30Q for 100w or less.

75C and 250C both have replay mode

Thanks for the info. I just bought a Agis Legend with the AS chip and TCR as an upgrade over the the Agis Solo. A little more in my price range for $60. As far as batteries go I’m using dual eFest high amp batteries and I’m keeping them married. Only eFest batteries available at the store I bought it from. Thanks for the tips.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info. I just bought a Agis Legend with the AS chip and TCR as an upgrade over the the Agis Solo. A little more in my price range for $60. As far as batteries go I’m using dual eFest high amp batteries and I’m keeping them married. Only eFest batteries available at the store I bought it from. Thanks for the tips.

?

Batteries are another animal. Can mean the diff between being safe or not. There's a few brands that are considered best for vaping.
Molicel
Sansung
Sony
Which battery amongst the preferred brands is a little tricky at first. Visit Battery Mooch for recommended batteries and vendors. I use LiionWholesale.com

Exactly what efest batteries you got? Model # or pic?
Exactly what efest are you using?

I upgraded to the Ageis Legend with TCR last night. I’m getting the best hits with the 904L having the TCR value set at 112. At least I put in 85 like you said and when I went to Ti-SS it changed to 112. I’m still a bit confused as to how all this works. It’s working well though. It produces a cooler hit but with lots of vapor. Thanks again my friend.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Great!

So you know. Efest was a go to battery years ago when the pickin's we low. But with these newer, exp vapers don't really use efest because unless it's tested by Battery Mooch it can't be trusted. The proper li-on batteries for the way they will be used is important for safety - reducing hazard risk.

Here's an example. A 35A 18650 does not exist.

If you want to post what efest batteries your using we can see if you're as safe as can be expected, providing that these batteries we use were not intended for vaping - that's why we rely on the great Battery Mooch who in vaping terms tests all these batteries we use and gives us the real ratings, not what's on the label, a website, or manufacturer says.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm testing the two new Freemax tanks with the 904L coils on a Odin 250C and HCigar 75D/75C. I downloaded the CSV File from Steam Engine for 904L and loaded it to Escribe and put the profile on both mods. So far 904L for me does not like TC. Example, the 75C kicks TC out and goes to watts, both in straight TC and Relay, the Odin I can get to work in TC but Replay does not work. TC on the Odin is just OK, nothing to write home about. I've only had the Tanks and coils for 3 days, I'm using the dual .2 904L coils in both tanks, I also have a couple of boxes of the .15 single 904L coils for both tanks. Tomorrow I test those coils and good or bad, I'll post a update.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When the MOD kicks you out of TC remove Atomizer and set to TC mode. After you set it and see No Atmoizer reinstall tank. I find it is from the changes in resistance when the SS heats up. Hope it helps just recommendation from personal experience. I use TC all the time now. With a .5Ω I run 26.5W and 460F

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When the MOD kicks you out of TC remove Atomizer and set to TC mode. After you set it and see No Atmoizer reinstall tank. I find it is from the changes in resistance when the SS heats up. Hope it helps just recommendation from personal experience. I use TC all the time now. With a .5Ω I run 26.5W and 460F
Way ahead of you Steve, the DNA just does not like 904L, believe me I tried all of the hacks. Funny, when I went to Steam Engine looking for the CSV for 904L it showed the TFR graph, the curve was almost flat and the numbers very low, made me think why they even had a CSV for 904L, but there it was. On both mods when I set them to Replay, yeah they fire but not able to actually enable Replay, the DNA just does not like it. Just today I fiddled around with preheat and warmth and the temp of preheat and watts, still a no go.
Being that the DNA Boards are the most accurate available to us vapers, I think 904L is made for Watts mode.
If you look online at any of the 904L coils from all of the manufacturers, not one of them show any info on temp numbers, just watts, says something!
One thing I noticed, on both mods I use a theme that has quite a few controls, I went to live hit and while in TC it was showing 278 degrees, settings at 450 degrees and 70W, so I think a no go on DNA.

Last edited:

Batteries are another animal. Can mean the diff between being safe or not. There's a few brands that are considered best for vaping.
Molicel
Sansung
Sony
Which battery amongst the preferred brands is a little tricky at first. Visit Battery Mooch for recommended batteries and vendors. I use LiionWholesale.com

Exactly what efest batteries you got? Model # or pic?
Exactly what efest are you using?

They are efest IMR 18650
3000 mAh 35A 3.7V.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
They are efest IMR 18650
3000 mAh 35A 3.7V.

Mooch says they are 20A battery. Here's how to calculate wattage per battery for a regulated series or regulated parallel mod. Not Mech.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors