Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown X Pod Kit - Review by FranknChill

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Hi there fellow vapers.

Today i will be reviewing the Uwell Crown X Pod Kit that was sent to my by my friends over at Sourcemore for the purposes of this review.

MAIN PIC.JPG

Gotta start with some nice graphic aids so you can get an idea of the type of device i will be reviewing today:

COLORS.JPG
BREAKDOWN.JPG
FEATURES.JPG
INFO FLAVOR BLAH BLAH MEH MEH.JPG

Contents in the box do vary depending if you live in a country with the TPD law enforced or not.

CONTENTS TPD.JPG
CONTENTS WORLDWIDE.JPG

The 2 only differences is that the TPD version of this kit has a 2ml cartridge instead of the 5,3ml cartridge from the none TPD countries and the filling system.
The 5.3ml cartridge is filled by lifting a rubber tab on the side and the TPD 2ml cartridge is filled by removing the top drip tip portion of the cartridge.

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

First of all kudos for Uwell for making a box with a cutout which is covered in transparent plastic so you can actually see the real color of the device itself.
For folks that like a specific color this is a real good feature,everything in the box is well placed and apart from the e-liquid it has everything you need to start your vaping journey.

Second kudos to Uwell for including a 2nd coil,some companies refuse to go the extra mail but in this case Uwell did good by me and included an extra coil.
I've already said this before but all kits of these type should have an extra coil,you might get a dud or perhaps burn it if you're new to vaping and you don't have a clue of what you're doing so yeah the extra coil is just good thinking.

Holding the device you realize its just one piece,no soldering or anything,its just the one frame of Aluminum Alloy and it does look good.
The device itself is well designed and feels nice and sturdy,special mention to a small window it has between the cartridge and the pod itself.
This little window will let you keep an eye out for the amount of e-liquid you have left,no need to remove the cartridge from the pod to see it,good job Uwell.
A bit heavier than other pods,weight is about 87.5 grams but then again this pod has a 1500 mAh and is designed for RDL and DTL,max wattage is 60 watts so yeah if you're looking for MTL this is not the device for you.

VAPING TIME:

Ok so i got the device fully charged,only took less than 15 minutes since it was already charged but it has 2A Fast Charging so expect charge time to be less than an hour (ballpark figure).

I loaded up my new favorite e-liquid from Demo (Melon Lime Cucumber),and i got ready to give this device a try.
Keep in mind i have been using this new e-liquid for a while and with different devices so i know what it taste like.

Preinstalled coil was the 0.3 so decided to start with that one.
I primed the coil and let it sit for 15 minutes,some say 5 but i say the longer the better,in the end the coil will last longer.

Menu control is all done with the press of the fire button:

Turn on/off: 5 clicks of fire button
Chose of the 3 type of pod operation: 2 clicks
Adjust wattage: 3 clicks, then +1W increments
Clear puff counter: 4 clicks
Activate boost mode: Set wattage to 60W

Ok so my setup is ready and time to puff and puff and see what is up.

As usual i start with lower wattage,the 0.3 preinstalled coil can go up to 60 watts but the recommended wattage (which is in the base of the coil) is 40 to 45 watts.

Gotta break in those coils so i just start low then keep on pumping up the wattage with each 2 or 3 puffs,started at 20 watts and just kept on going up.
I finally settled on 30 watts and yeah i know i should be going higher but as i mentioned in my other reviews i don't like warm vapes.

Ok so yeah flavor wise these coils are out of this world,loved the cloud production and the hit oh god the hit!!! it was simply amazing.
As i mentioned in my video review flavor wise these are on the same level as the PnP X coils,if not there well they are really close.
The airflow which is located on the side i played around with a little bit but finally settled on having it half way closed,i do prefer a bit more of a restriction with my puff puffs.

About the 0.6 ohm coil i can't comment that much since i think i got a dud,at first it was ok but after 50 puffs or so i started getting random burnt hits,not always but just like out of the blue.
On top of that 0.6 ohm isn't the type of coil i enjoy and use on a daily basis,flavor was good thou and decent cloud production.

Ok so time to be real,Uwell advertises a max of 30 day lifespan on the coils and yeah i don't know what to think.
I got about 1400 puffs out of the 0.3 ohm coil before the flavor was 50% gone,just wasn't there anymore so that is when i put in the 0.6 ohm coil.

My e-liquid of choice isn't pastry based so it is not sweet so i don't know,i kinda expected more puffs out of the coil but it is what it is.

PROS:

-Well designed and aesthetic pleasing device
-Coil flavor out of the 0.3 ohm is fantastic
-Good size battery
-Fast charging
-Window in the chasis of the pod where you can see the level of the e-liquid,no need to remove the cartridge to look
-No leaking whasoever

CONS:

-I expected more likespan out of the coils
-Battery size even thou its big for a device of this type it will fall a bit short if you use the Uwell Crown X as your only daily vaping device,you will need to recharge

Would i recommend this device:

If you're looking for a pod for only RDL and DTL this is a solid choice,Uwell has a good reputation and you can't go wrong when buying one of their devices.
All the features that you would want in a pod are there so there is no reason for you not to get one if you're in the market for a pod able to chuck out some clouds and experience some awesome flavour out of your e-liquid of choice.

If you're interested in acquiring this product feel free to visit this link and feel free to use my code for a nice discount:

CXK $25.49 - Uwell Crown X Pod System Kit

Well that is it for today folks.
Thanks to my friends at Sourcemore for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

Attachments

• 1711377539255.png
    1711377539255.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 0

VU Sponsors