Become a Patron!

Uwell Nunchaku 80W Kit review by eldaar

eldaar

Unlisted Vendor
Uwell Nunchaku 80W Kit was sent to me for review from Sourcemore

With UWell’s amazing reputation in the atomizer department, I think vapers will expect a lot out of anything this company releases at this point. The creators of the Valyrian Tank must expect this, too. Last year, they unveiled the UWell Nunchaku 80W TC Starter Kit: a pen style vape that uses a single 18650 battery and can fire up to 80W. It’s funny to see all of these pen style kits coming out. For a while, they sort of died out when more powerful box mods took over the market. It’s nice to see more options, and even someone as into clunky 200W devices as I am, opts to go for a pen style vape or a pod mod when I’m out and about. The Nunchaku does have a lot of competition though, thanks to this sort of rebirth of pen style devices, so how does it compare? Let’s find out.

Manufacturer's Specs:

Tank Capacity: 5 ml
- Material: stainless steel & quartz glass & copper & silicone
- Power range: 5-80W
- A new generation of E-cigarette control panel by our independent R&D, makes the tube as safe as a box mod.
- Multiple work modes: power mode, TC mode(NI,SS), bypass mode.
- Replaceable 18650 battery, or charge over USB.
- Plug-pull coils, easy to replace.
- mod size 27.4mm diameter 94.5mm tall (510 platform is 25.2 to match the tank)
- tank size 25.2mm diameter 49.6mm tall (including drip tip)

Included in box:

- 1×NUNCHAKU mod
- 1×NUNCHAKU atomizer
- 1×Extra quartz glass
- 1×0.25Ω coil (installed)
- 1×0.4Ω coil
- 1×Pack of replacement O-rings
- 1×Micro USB cable
- 1×User's manual
- 1×Drip tip cover(to cover the drip tip when it is not used)

v6hrPvv.jpg

Coil Options (coils are kanthal clapton coils)

- .25 ohm 40-50 watts
- .4 ohm 45-55 watts

The Nunchaku Tank

The tank is a really good, no faff tank. Its quartz glass…. do I know what that means? Not a clue! I’m hoping it means its strong and will stand to up to the knocks as me dropping stuff is just par for the course!

The atomizer Just pushes into the base, so nice and easy to change… And I just need to mention something that I love about this tank. You may have seen some of the the tanks in my other reviews, top fillers, but they have a silicone seal under the filling hole (in fact I have another mod that I’m reviewing next that is just a nightmare to fill) Well the Nunchaku tank is a complete breeze to fill! Nice big single filling hole, but the silicone or maybe foam (not sure which) seal is fixed into the top cap. So when you screw the cap back on, this presses down onto the filling hole, sealing the juice from leaking back out! Its a brilliant design and it means that when I’m filling I don’t end up with my juice running all down the mod, between my fingers, onto the floor!… and it also means that I don’t have to put money in the swear box! :xx: These other tanks with the seal under or around the hole just means I can’t get my gorilla bottle nozzles in there, and end up with the juice just pouring everywhere but actually inside the tank!! Anyhow enough ranting… climbing down off my soapbox… ahh there we go! :yes:

So the tank seems fairly hassle free. The attys are sub ohm, 0.24ohms and 0.4ohms, but luckily I have the 5ml tank which means I don’t have to constantly fill. The UK standard tank is going to be 2ml though and this is where I would be moaning about having to fill the tank every 30 minutes.

There are three large airflow holes around the base with a ribbed collar that you can twist to alter the resistance on the airflow, and this can be closed down to give quite a restricted draw if this is what you like.

GWT5mFb.jpg

The Design

I may be a bit biased, but I think that the Uwell Nunchaku 80W TC Starter Kit is absolutely gorgeous. From top to bottom, I think it’ll be hard for most vapers to deny that this kit looks great. The Nunchaku Sub-Ohm Tank has a nice internal plate design and integrates seamlessly on top of the mod itself. I like the patterning on the fire button on the mod, as well as the knurling on the bottom base airflow ring of the tank.

The only design flaw, in my opinion, is the display screen location. It’s on the bottom end of the Nunchaku mod, and if you’re hoping to read it easily while you’re vaping, good luck. It’s a bit tricky. The good news is, this kit is created for simplicity’s sake, so you shouldn’t have to rely on the display screen all that often.

The color options are what really drive the looks home for me. All of them have a beautiful metallic finish. The Nunchaku kit is sold in a full black, black and gold version, blue, green, purple, rainbow, and silver.

nyyyMQQ.jpg

The Build

The UWell Nunchaku 80W TC Starter Kit is made from stainless steel, while the tank glass is a quartz glass. The threading on the tank and the mod is nice, and I could find no issues there. The battery compartment is on the bottom of the mod. To access it, you simply unscrew the base there, and put the battery in. While other reviewers have commented on bad threading, I encountered no such issues with my device.

The front face of the Nunchaku mod has the firing button near the top, and the adjustment buttons just above the display screen at the bottom end. The micro-USB port is located on the opposite end of the mod, just below the tank.

Pros Mod:

- Power performance is very impressive
- accurately rated
- Build Quality
- Nice looks and coloring
- color options
- handles 25mm atomizers
- Small Portable Design
- easy to use
- nice threading on the battery door
- price point
- fills a much needed niche of regulated tube mod

Cons Mod:

- Screen is a bit small
- Temp control performance
- Minor Button Rattle

Pros Tank:

- Coil Life
- Excellent flavor for 50 watt or less vaping
- Build Quality and threading
- Nice looks and coloring
- color options
- Standard 510 Drip Tip
- Large Capacity (5ml)
- easy pop in pop out coils
- easy to adjust airflow
- large enough fill hole
- price point

Cons Tank:

- No RBA deck available
- Using a crown 3 style matching drip tip would have been nice

Conclusion

I must confess I didn’t know what to expect when I ordered the Uwell Nunchaku. I am used to big box vape devices and this was a big change for me but I am glad to report that the Nunchaku doesn’t disappoint in any department. My favourite has to be the Professional Flavor Optimising intrinsic feature. This feature ensures that you get copious amount of cloud and uninterrupted flavor flow at low wattage settings. This not only prolongs the battery life on a single charge but also saves e-liquid. I would definitely recommend the Uwell Nunchaku to beginners for its ease of use, array of functions and vaping modes and also to the more experienced vapours as it has everything they’d look for in a big box vape device.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thank for the review, @eldaar

I was just looking at these. Under "Cons Mod" you note "Temp control performance," but you didn't mention temp control performance in the review. Can you expound on that Con?

Anyway... I think I'd like to eventually snag one of these, but I've other acquisitions in line in front of it.

VU Sponsors