Become a Patron!

vanilla help...

Cyberninja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
on the quest to make a great vanilla vape...strong and sweet, and simple. I'd like a high vg juice. ejuice me up seems to only like 80/20 unless i'm missing something...probably that flavors are pg. I normally make 125 ml bottles of juice, because I burn thru it on my rda's. I've bought dr crimmy's vanilla custard ejuice and it was great...so on the quest to make my own...I've bought numerous vanilla's flavorings from several sources. Capella, flavor art, Natures flavor, and some ultimate vanilla doubler from Tasty Vapor. The ejuice me up calculator wanted me to put 25mls of flavoring into my mix...seemed like a lot...but I did it...right off the bat it was ok...going to let it steep for a week, and maybe that will help. I've made several vanilla batches to date, and I'm not yet stoked on any of em. I'm not trying to blow thru my flavoring if i'm overdoing it...let me know. Also I've added sucralose drops to the mix...not sure if that improved things. I'm feel like i'm being robbed on flavor...is it my mixing, or my builds? I have a Tobh, a plume veil, and 2 mutation x's...running dual coil 24 gauge royal wire 6 wraps. I'm sub ohming...but not uber low...got tired of hot mods all the time. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
pop up a recipe.. ;)

and that seems normal, depending on what flavor company you are using.

Cyberninja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
125 ml total made 1mg nic...all vg + 25mls capella vanilla custard. Second batch is the same, with flavor art vanilla. I added maybe 10 drops of sucralose to each. steeped for 2 days so far. I'll try em again when I finish my current bottle.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
125 ml total made 1mg nic...all vg + 25mls capella vanilla custard. Second batch is the same, with flavor art vanilla. I added maybe 10 drops of sucralose to each. steeped for 2 days so far. I'll try em again when I finish my current bottle.
I am torn on sucralose let me know how that comes out.. I just started using sucralose as I have tried everything else.. :)

Cyberninja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
will do. I have stevia at home that's in a vg...that I got at the local health food store...I put it in one of my mixes...not sure yet what I think... it's NuNaturals alcohol free nuStevia. anyone tried this yet?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
will do. I have stevia at home that's in a vg...that I got at the local health food store...I put it in one of my mixes...not sure yet what I think... it's NuNaturals alcohol free nuStevia. anyone tried this yet?
I actually like using stevia but I do not like the pure form I like the refined the pure form to me or maybe it was the brand but it had this odd taste..
:)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

wow.. 20% of capella vanilla custard..
20% of flavor arts custard.. omg.. *falls on floor..
no wonder why it is not tasting right, and it is "off"..

try this..

6% vanilla custard tfa
2% vanilla swirl tfa
1% custard fa
.5% brown sugar tfa
2% vanillin

don't know if you are using a calculator, but i like this one:

http://www.vitalsparks.com/ez-mix.html

using way too much flavor will do one of 3 things..
produce an off taste, a chemical taste, or a flavor fade out by the time it has steeped..

you could dilute what you have and add what I put.. or start over..
either way, i'd get the percentages down quiet a bit..

Cyberninja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well doesn't that figure...it did seem like a lot to add. I'm using ejuicemeup calculator. I set it for an 80/20 vg/pg. I tried to set it to 100%vg, but it was telling me I couldn't...something about pg in flavoring. maybe I missed something...but it didn't say to add pg...just said to use a lot of the flavoring

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
well doesn't that figure...it did seem like a lot to add. I'm using ejuicemeup calculator. I set it for an 80/20 vg/pg. I tried to set it to 100%vg, but it was telling me I couldn't...something about pg in flavoring. maybe I missed something...but it didn't say to add pg...just said to use a lot of the flavoring

a small secret..

writing out recipes like i just did:

smoky's smashed custard

6% vanilla custard tfa
2% vanilla swirl tfa
1% custard fa
.5% brown sugar tfa
2% vanillin

you could make this in a 50-50 or a 12pg 88vg mix..
even when it says 80-20, this does not mean make your flavor (single) 20%

you need to start small batches and find your "spot" for each flavor..

even if I put 5% chocolate as my flavor point, it might not be your flavor point and you might like it at 7%

yes a calculator helps, but they all have their limits.. and depending.. you drip, right?
so you want max vg which is considered 80%vg and higher..

if you have a flavor you like at 4% say its flavor arts rum, you have a choice..
add more pg to get that 20% or.. fill it all up with vg.. this would give you a 96vg 4pg total..
if you used a 100% vg nic..

you have to learn to play with the numbers and find your spot.. once you do this.. you will have it made!

i do recommend to start out with 2 flavors.. make one the "big guy" and the other the "little guy" follow the leader type ;)
from there, you can add on more..

using flavors from other companies is good and does play nice with each other.. they build..

i hope all of this makes sense.. but if you get stuck, post up ;)

Cyberninja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
awesome, thanks so much. I am writing them down, but I haven't combined any flavorings yet...I was just keeping to one...I'll mix them next go...hell maybe i'll combine these two batches together in a smaller bottle. obviously way to much flavoring used, but maybe it'll age well. And yes, I'm dripping and shooting for high vg

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
awesome, thanks so much. I am writing them down, but I haven't combined any flavorings yet...I was just keeping to one...I'll mix them next go...hell maybe i'll combine these two batches together in a smaller bottle. obviously way to much flavoring used, but maybe it'll age well. And yes, I'm dripping and shooting for high vg

that is scary too lmao..

i'd suggest, go get a 30ml bottle.. fill it with a little under 1/3 of the tfa brand.. then maybe 10 drops of the other and fill the rest with vg..
also, get your taste right first, before adding nic..

chances are with fa being so high, it will fade out.. the other, will only get more chemically as it progresses..
if you do nothing at all with either of them..

the biggest is finding your spot for each flavor.. try them in repeats like:

1%
2%
4% etc

you will know then where your balance point is with them both, before combining them together..

Cyberninja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok, i'll give that a go, next chance I get...how do I calculate additional vg nic to the mix? I use 100mg nic in 100%vg. and each over flavored 125ml bottle of vanilla is 1mg nic

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
okies so you added 1mg of nic?? seems mighty low..

what is your nic that you vape from vendors?

Cyberninja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
was a high nic in tanks, but rda's started at 6...now down to 1or 2

Cyberninja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so I remixed em...and if you taste and smell the juice...it's awesome!!! however vaping it on my plume veil is just pretty good for flavor...and my mutation x...well, not so much...like gaping air. What gives?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
the vaping air.. means your flavor taste has faded..
surprised you have not burnt your taste buds too..

from the flavors you have said.. none really give a vanillia-ish taste..
if you have vanillin, that helps.. but the quest for a decent plain vanilla vape is a challenge for everyone..
it also depends on how you perceive that vanillia.. ;)

Cyberninja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
maybe...but if I go to my plume veil I get decent flavor...just not so much on the mutation x. I understand vanilla's are tricky. I've heard of vanillin...I'll have to look into that. It's weird how it can taste fantastic off of your finger, and muted off of one device, and decent on another. How much vanillin do you add?

Cyberninja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so this is a powder? mixed with...I saw vodka? I also read that it tweaks the smell, but less the taste...what do you think?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
so this is a powder? mixed with...I saw vodka? I also read that it tweaks the smell, but less the taste...what do you think?

i do a 1 to 9 ratio of vodka/rum 151 white! and add my crystals..
muted taste? never had an issue with it.. 1/4 tsp..
makes a 10ml bottle.. tripple it for a 30ml if needed often..

Cyberninja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so one ml vodka, 9 mls rum 151. add 1/4 tsp of crystals. then add some of this to your ejuice. just a little bit?

joedirt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
the plume is more of a flavor taster rda than the mutation...the mutation has got way better airflow and thus chucking more clouds and prolly muting the actual taste some...

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
so one ml vodka, 9 mls rum 151. add 1/4 tsp of crystals. then add some of this to your ejuice. just a little bit?

treat it as store bought vanillin (from flavor company)
use at between .5 to 2% yes..

the plume is more of a flavor taster rda than the mutation...the mutation has got way better airflow and thus chucking more clouds and prolly muting the actual taste some...

scroll up.. lmao :D

20% of flavor art or other flavoring.. chemical muted juice..
then trying to cut said juice.. at least in 3rds..
but see flavor art needs only 2% max for most..
anything higher will be muted..
i can not see what has actually been done, so i can not claim it is a dripper issue..
yes it could be the drippers, and/or the way it is wicked, but..
get the juice right first, before figuring out on the dripper.. ;)

Vanilla Cream Simple Salts TFN is a delightful and simple mixture, as the name suggests. This Vanilla Cream TFN eLiquid by Simple Salts is infused with tons of creamy vanilla flavor that will leave you wanting more.

VU Sponsors