what, if any, difference is there between :

madagascar (vanilla classic) FA & Vanilla Swirl TFA

thanx

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i suppose it depends on what you're going for. Vanilla Swirl is kind of like a soft serve vanilla ice cream, whereas the Vanilla Classic (my fave vanilla) is great in bakery type mixes, maybe you could call it more of a true vanilla flavor, at least to me. Between that, and cookie, they're my top 2 flavors used.

Both are good, both have their place.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i suppose it depends on what you're going for.

thats the thing, idk what i am looking for, sides something i like. i have a list of flavors that i have been working on for months. i wrote this down, and i have no idea why, other than someone/s said i should. i have a 2oz bottle of swirl, that i used very little out of. and i didn't want to buy another bottle of something similar.

ordering soon.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
thats the thing, idk what i am looking for, sides something i like. i have a list of flavors that i have been working on for months. i wrote this down, and i have no idea why, other than someone/s said i should. i have a 2oz bottle of swirl, that i used very little out of. and i didn't want to buy another bottle of something similar.

ordering soon.
Well, that is problematic.

Think of something vanilla you like....like real food. Maybe we can move you in the right direction.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

ordering soon.

To me, vanilla swirl tastes more like an icing (basically powdered sugar) with hints of vanilla - it can help tie flavors together, but I do not consider it a real vanilla when mixing

Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) is probably the one vanilla you should have if you aren't into getting several vanillas for subtle differences IMO

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree too. There are straight-up vanillas, then there are vanilla blends. They all have their place.

FWIW, I'll throw DIYFS Holy Vanilla out there as a fave. It's kinda like a Nilla wafer sort of taste to me, but a lot deeper...very rich. But it is a great vanilla flavor IMO. =)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
To me, vanilla swirl tastes more like an icing (basically powdered sugar) with hints of vanilla - it can help tie flavors together, but I do not consider it a real vanilla when mixing

Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) is probably the one vanilla you should have if you aren't into getting several vanillas for subtle differences IMO
Vanilla Swirl=duct tape.

VU Sponsors